[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What genre is this, and where can I find more like it? http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
What genre is this, and where can I find more like it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRAINudi7U
>>
check out ferraros earlier (and better) work
>>
>>52765361
Dark Ambient
http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Dark+Ambient&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

Just skip the Bohren & der Club of Gore albums.
>>
>>52765361
apparently "Alternative R&B"
>>
>>52765395
I've listened to most of his discography and used to post with a ferraro trip on this board but I still haven't found anything like the first track. Hacker Track and some of iAsia come close though.
>>
>>52765406
Do you know any that sound like this? I'm skimming through it, listening to bits and pieces of some of them, but I havent found anything great yet. The Eraserhead soundtrack is pretty good though. I've heard someone describe the song in the OP as "Industrial ambient", but I'm not sure.
>>
james ferraro general?
>>
>>52766178
yes, whats next for ferraro?
>>
This is his latest project. Right now he's going for this hyper futuristic sound that illustrates the sound of rich, corrupt politicians sitting in extinct exotic, super expensive fox fur couches snorting coke off of a glass table in a glass apartment in Bangkok circa 2025, where the rich thrive and eat near extinct, exotic animals for breakfast while the poor suffer like dogs in the street and live in dumpsters. Digitally decrepit hyper-Capitalism oozes out of every pore of the city. The city smells.
>>
>>52767436
are you quoting him or is this your vision?
>>
File: Ferraro 9 11.jpg (120 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
Ferraro 9 11.jpg
120 KB, 500x608
>>52765361
Dark ambient/ambient industrial. Sleep Research Facility - Nostromo is really similar. If you want more from Ferraro himself, I'd rec
Purple Gongs - Untitled
Snake Figures Fan - Wheel of Heaven
Composition of the Sensibilities of Melted Knowledge - s/t
>>
>>52767436
>tfw James Ferraro will never go back to making new age
>>
>>52767436
This album was a huge disappointment and I found myself partially displeased that he recycled a lot of samples from Cold.

>>52767568
Thanks a ton man, I'll check that out.
>>
File: 1372183152824.png (194 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
1372183152824.png
194 KB, 361x361
where's that big ass mega link to his full discography
>>
meme avant garde
>>
>>52769786
great post
>>
File: 410297062.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
410297062.png
94 KB, 396x385
>>52769786
>taking memeposting this far
>>
bump for ferraro's body
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.