[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you be going to the world's first vaporwave music festival?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: BatH20XX.jpg (100 KB, 960x913) Image search: [Google]
BatH20XX.jpg
100 KB, 960x913
Will you be going to the world's first vaporwave music festival?
>>
is this real
>>
>>52689521
yes
Macross, Vektroid, and Saint Pepsi might be there, among others
>>
>>52689521
Actually yes
>>
>>52689484
Yes it's gonna be hype.
Do you know when the kickstarter happens?
>>
>>52689643
Probably in the next few days. They said they're still waiting on the fire department to tell them the max capacity.
>>
where's it going to be?
>>
>>52689678
this
>>
Is it mallsoft or just vaporwave?
>>
>>52689696
eccojams, mallsoft, and future funk
>>
is that platform masters
>>
The only people I know that are really into vaporwave are people on facebook who make stupid graphics like in the OP and have a neverending stream of statuses about their "art" and their "aesthetic". Like jesus fucking christ you wanna make those eyesores while listening to shitty minimalist electronica music that's fine but the amount of time they spend talking about their "art" makes me fucking cringe.
>>
>>52689671
Nice. So do you have to get your tix off there or can you at the door too?
>>
>>52689678
Scranton, PA
>>
This is going to be the most awkward music festival of all time.
>>
>>52689770
this
i love vaporwave, but the art should stay attached to the music
>>
>>52689827
Only because a lot of the artists there have never played a show ever, so it will be interesting to see live mixes or something like that
>>
>>52689770
People that take vaporwave too seriously ruin the fun for everyone. This festival is going to be vaporwaves funeral.
>>
autism
>>
>>52689885
>>52689827
I think he means the type of people who would show up to. Also I can't really picture what the crowds would do during the performances, just sway awkwardly?
>>
>>52689896
>taking it too seriously
>implying it was ever a joke
>>
>>52689896
People who don't take It serious as a genre also ruin the fun so it's in the middle
>>52689932
Nah I think it will be a lot of upbeat stuff like future funk so I wouldn't worry about that. The slower tracks probably would be for chilling and listening. I know I'm gonna be high as fuck dying the whole thing
>>
>>52690005
Of course, I'm just talking about the people that get way to serious about it and make it their life and do shit like this >>52689770 or start an entire vaporwave festival.

Unless the organizers do a really good job with decorations and other aesthetics, this won't feel vaporwave at all.
>>
Link?
>>
>>52689885
>imblying bressign blay on a macbook is harf
:DDDDDD
>>
>>52690057
Well a kickstarter is happening so we will see. Vaporwave is one of my favorite genres ever so if they fuck it up it's their fault. It's no different than starting a festival for any other genre.
>>52690156
You could say that or any electronic live show, so your argument is invalid
>>
>>52689932
Yeah, I meant the kind of people that would show up, although some of the producers would probably have a hard time adjusting to dj for a live audience (good stage presence, know how to read the crowd, etc.). Imagine tons of people in spiky platinum blond hair with neon fannysacks, or whatever misguided aesthetic they deem to be vaporwave. I love vaporwave too, and I'm sure Saint Pepsi will throw down a lively and fun set, but I can just imagine it being one giant clusterfuck.
>>
If I lived within reasonable driving distance I would for sure go.
>tfw west coast
>>
>>52690219
It's still valid, because I don't listen to electronic or go to concerts
>>
>>52690572
*tips fedora*
>>52690531
I would assume the artists would prep before the put on a show in front of all those people. I also highly doubt anyone will dress like that other than maybe a floral shoppe shirt or something because what you described is more of a sea punk thing
>>
>>52690563
Scranton is a shitty place for a festival anyway
>>
File: rebbit.png (37 KB, 985x510) Image search: [Google]
rebbit.png
37 KB, 985x510
>>52690663
never underestimate autism. This is from the reddit thread announcing the festival.
>>
>>52690746
>>52690563
Seriously, who picked Pennsylvania for it? The only way it could be worse is if it were in Middle America
>>
>>52690843
/r/vaporwave has always been a shithole. I'll make sure to take pictures of him for the next cringe thread
>>
>>52690843
>there are going to be real fucking autists dressed up in vaporwave style
>in scranton, PA

What the fuck dude.
Why wouldn't they hold it on the west coast?
Nearly everyone who matters in vaporwave is from here.
>>
Finally a festival that interests me that's somewhat close by. It's still a 2 1/2 hour drive.
>>
File: y2kfuturism.png (563 KB, 903x523) Image search: [Google]
y2kfuturism.png
563 KB, 903x523
>>52690910
This same turbosperg compiled a list of almost 900 pictures that fit his aesthetic. Maybe you are right and he will be the only out of touch one there.
>>
>>52691026
Well I live in ohio so it's good for me. Supposedly the kickstarter is also to pay for flights for Vektroid and all the other artists that are far but don't quote me on that
>>
File: vaporshit.png (601 KB, 1009x453) Image search: [Google]
vaporshit.png
601 KB, 1009x453
>>52690910
>>52690843
>decide to look at /r/vaporwave
>this is the most upvoted post on the front page
Fucking hell. I think I'm going to just listen to vaporwave in secret so I'm not associated with these kids
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 310x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 310x245
>>52691130
I hope so. Would be hilarious
>>
>>52690869
Probably because nobody would take them else where lol

>>52691026
Probably everyone who listens to vaporwave is on the west coast as well, I think they're setting themselves up for disaster
>>
File: hey you wanna hear a meme.jpg (5 KB, 194x250) Image search: [Google]
hey you wanna hear a meme.jpg
5 KB, 194x250
Why does reddit have to ruin everything?
This is post-post-post-ironic, but to them, it's probably the best thing that ever happened to them.
>>
>>52691154
Yep. They rarely talk about the fucking music on there. At least /mu/ will have a good vaporwave thread every once in a while but it's usually just saying it's a meme and stuff, but /r/vaporwave is just viraling and shitty photoshop projects. Only good thing to come off of there was the vaporwave library
>>
File: vaporshit2.png (20 KB, 605x401) Image search: [Google]
vaporshit2.png
20 KB, 605x401
>>52691154
The comments are even worse
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>I enjoy vaporwave quite a lot
>/mu/ constantly shitposts against it
>see this music festival thing for vaporwave
>desperately want it to not go terribly
>know that it will be a giant autistic cesspool or a complete failure
>>
>>52691337
These are basically my feelings about it as well
>>
>>52691130
I thought I was going to cringe but I'm actually impressed with the amount of useless dedication. Nice.
imgur link?
>>
how are they going to preform it? just press play?
>>
>>52691428
most electronic music boils down to pressing play
if you can arrange some of it live, then people will call it a good performance

though it would be pretty cool if you could do something completely different, like washed out, who likes to perform his electronic music acoustically from time to time.
>>
>>52691415
https://imgur.com/a/NGU9j
>>
>>52691337
I feel the same way, but I'm still going to go because I live fairly close. If it does become a success, I'll be surprised
>>
Hoepfully this guy learned some lessons from the dashcon tumblr convention disaster.
will there be a ball pit?
>>
>>52691478
Except almost everyone at BATH doesn't know anything about composition. I'd estimate probably 70% of the people there barely even know how to cut a sample, let alone arrange it or improv something interesting. They'll probably just tweak the dry knob on their reverb plugin and that's it
>>
I LIVE CLOSE ENOUGH TO SCRANTON. WHEN IS THIS? I MUST GO.
>>
>>52691479
...I thought it was going to be a collection of physical items: ad cutouts/CDs, etc.
Instead he just wasted his time screencapping shitty rips of music videos.
>>
Oh god please someone record it, this is going to be hilarious.
>>
>>52691587
August.
>>
>>52691527
I don't think anyone will care.
drug use is pretty much implied throughout.
besides, flashy graphics and visualizer effects go a long way
>>
>>52690869
middle america is not a geographical term
>>
>>52691697
I will be there at all costs. I will livestream this thing.
>>
They jupdated their shit a couple of hours ago. Supposedly macross will be playing there too
>>
>>52691478
>>52691527
>tfw this is 100% true
>tfw you went to a baths concert and was blown away by his performance technique
>tfw you memorized how you assumed he did it and imitated it
>tfw you now sound good live as an electronic artist
it's possible, you just have to be creative. luckily i ripped off someone who was creative and tweaked the idea for my own usage.
>>
>>52691944
I've only seen that baths at amoeba live video, but doesn't he just prance around to make it seem like he's doing more work than he really does?

I noticed with the vocals, he's singing over his vocals, so it really is just pressing play.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.