[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Girl at work asks what music I listen to >I realise she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: tfw thom yorke.jpg (498 KB, 739x900) Image search: [Google]
tfw thom yorke.jpg
498 KB, 739x900
>Girl at work asks what music I listen to
>I realise she probably wouldn't know any of the artists I listen to.
>Also my mind kinda goes blank
>I just say "Um Radiohead and stuff"
>She goes "Oh ok, my boyfriend plays in a Thrash metal band. Do you listen to heavy metal?"
>I say "No, I'm not really that into metal."
>I add on "but I appreciate it as a genre."
>Almost holding back vomit as I say that.

Do you guys ever blank out when people ask you about what music you like? Or do you not see it as wise to even share your music interests with people out of fear they'll have no clue who you're talking about?

I've had it before where someone asks me what music I listen to and my mind either goes blank or I find it wise to not share anything they'd find too obscure.
>>
>3 inch mohawk
>black cowboy boots, studded black vests, black jeans, wife beaters, gold chain.
>tfw i never have to say what bands i like.
Tfw i make 3.5k a month studding n selling leather at concerts.
Tfw i secretly love crosby stills and nash and hum marakesh express compulsively.
I have no face.
>>
>>52678369
You sell leather and make more than I do. Fuck you man.
>>
Hold on a second,what's wrong with thrash metal,faggot?
>>
i always lose myself as to what is surface level and what is obscure, so i end up naming jazz artists like an autist
>>
I never leave my crib so I don't have to deal with pleb shit like that lmao
>>
>>52678253
>Do you guys ever blank out when people ask you about what music you like?
Why would I though? I like every music genre with few exceptions so that's not an issue.
>>
>>52678389
>Talking with girl
>She says she has been listening to lots of jazz
>I pleb it up and say "Oh im not a huge jazz fan but I like Flying Lotus and stuff....and Miles Davis"
>She says "yeah I used to be into that stuff"
>I message her later asking her to name the jazz artists she has been listening to
>mfw she says "duke ellington, sinatra, billie holiday"

womemes
>>
>>52678253
No because I'm not autistic as fuck.
>>
"What music do you like, anon?"
"Everything except post black metal shoegaze and midwestern emo mathcore"
>>
i just say what i've been listening to lately and then clarify my primary preferences. it's almost a script but it'll typically be like

>Lately I've been listening to a lot of Soundcloud mixes like DIS Magazine stuff, R&B remixes, etc. My bread and butter is techno and avant-garde jazz and art music from the mid-20th century but I listen a lot of stuff.

throwing in a bit of esoterica without specifically name-dropping, giving a range of things to glom onto because i want a conversation, not just a vocal last.fm profile, i'm personable so this doesn't come out as just aspie nonsense. typically people are interested, and i show equal respect and interest in their preferences. i also genuinely listen to a lot of stuff, so if someone is really into like current pop music or p4kcore or whatever i can usually engage them to some extent.
>>
>>52678456
Kekked
>>
>>52678530
>>Lately I've been listening to a lot of Soundcloud mixes like DIS Magazine stuff, R&B remixes, etc. My bread and butter is techno and avant-garde jazz and art music from the mid-20th century but I listen a lot of stuff.

"Oh... that's nice, anon. I've gotta go, actually. Nice talking to you though!"
>>
>>52678569
Why would you want to socially interact with someone who judges you based on your musical taste? They sound like awfully shallow and uninteresting people.
>>
>>52678569
>doesn't go to college or doesn't go to college in the right place
>>
>work in fast food
>make friends and acquaintances easily enough
>everybody basically listens to the same radio hip-hop except one indie rock dude, one underground rapper, and one metalhead who didn't shy away from any suggestions
>nobody even knows what I mean when I try to describe any music I listen to

You can't say "anything" and it isn't worth sperging over details so I just say I'm into some dadrock bands, which isn't a total lie. I did have a conversation about the Flaming Lips' DSotM cover but we didn't agree on much other than that Wayne Coyne should die in a fire already.
>>
File: 1370732602119.png (444 KB, 908x857) Image search: [Google]
1370732602119.png
444 KB, 908x857
>>52678605

>any year
>being a verbose college dickhead
>>
>>52678456
why not turn her into free jazz and get kissy kissy
>>
File: lol.jpg (32 KB, 467x422) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
32 KB, 467x422
>>52678590
>says this while interacting with /mu/ posters
>>
>>52678253
>I don't like music :^)
problem solved
>>
>>52678651
>caring when you get laid for spewing bullshit
>>
>>52678662
Because she told me she wants her sister to date me and her sister is currently living with her boyfriend and his family and I see and hear from jazz girl once in a blue moon
>>
>>52678684
yo, so what you finna do is break this bitch jaw!!!!!!!!! show her who the top dog
>>
>>52678662
Is that's how it works? I thought the answer was Electro.
>>
File: 1384243878296.gif (916 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1384243878296.gif
916 KB, 500x374
>"Hey Anon what music do you like?".
>"Err, just stuff, you know? I could name you a list of artists but let's just say I like a little of every genre".
>Awkard silence for some seconds.
>>
>talking with girl about music
>ask, "what kind of music do you like to listen to?"
>oh, you know, a lot of stuff. Anything with a good beat.

Fuckin' dropped
>>
>>52678711
Ouch. Next time.

>>52678743
Don't be picky. My girlfriend doesn't even listen to music. Like seriously, nothing ever.
>>
File: this happened.png (22 KB, 478x443) Image search: [Google]
this happened.png
22 KB, 478x443
>>52678743
Even with the lowest of expectations I am still left disappointed and stunned
>>
>>52678757
so this skank deaf or what LMAOOOO
>>
>>52678760
>implying blue isn't everyone on /mu/
>>
>>52678253
>At a job interview for part time librarian
>"So anon, what's one thing on your bucket list"
>"Well to be honest I haven't really thought up a bucket list. I like to live in the moment, you feel me?"
>you feel me?
>realize i just asked if she feels me
>panic
>"Uh, but I guess if I had to pick something, I think it'd be cool to meet Chief Keef"
>meet chief keef

I didn't get the job
>>
File: Capture.png (35 KB, 457x672) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35 KB, 457x672
>>52678757
>>
>>52678786
Bwahaha, noice one. Sometimes I just let one slip too mate, ya feel me?
>>
>>52678767
>>52678799
She's an interesting one.
>>
>>52678803
"ya"?
>>
File: Capture.png (32 KB, 438x745) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32 KB, 438x745
>>52678785
Had a massive argument with this girl once and I just stopped caring so I started random bullshit like calling her a leb and she actually remembered it and got upset by it kek

I type fast btw so lotsa mistakes
>>
>>52678816
Nah man, I don't do the Nazi thing.
>>
>>52678253
You sound like kind of a douche

If someone's interested in your interests, talk to them, don't assume you are above that for some reason

Also I'm not a big metal fan either but there's nothing wrong about pursuing the music you love

I bet you're........ Sixteen? Did I get it?
>>
>>52678840
Then why did you do it?
>>
>>52678830
Calm down. You take this music thing too seriously and your approach to talking to girls is borderline autistic.
>>
>>52678859
the girl herself is fucked so we just talk shit

Nothin I say it that serious tho especially not the pleb shit
>>
>>52678855
Freudian slip mate. I always did like wearing a uniform...
>>
>>52678830
do you have to post this on every thread
>>
>>52678881
Seriously. This faggot posts his autist convos every thread we have. I've been seeing this dumbass screenshot for like a month and a half now.
>>
>>52678939
Hahahahaha!
>>
>tfw a girl I had a chance with had decent taste
>tfw she liked nick cave, tame impala, deerhunter and st vincent
>tfw I moved to a different city before things got serious
>tfw I'll never meet another girl with good taste again
>>
>>52679330

you really shouldn't have listed tame impala, deer hunter, or st vincent
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.