[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, I really want to get into Boris but I don't know where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: boris_akumanouta.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
boris_akumanouta.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
/mu/, I really want to get into Boris but I don't know where to start. I've listened to Akuma No Uta (which I loved) and Amplifier Worship (which I adored) but they have such a wide array of releases I don't know where to go next. Little help here?
>>
>>52671908

Flood, then Feedbacker, then Pink next. And then just get everything by them because it's pretty much all good.
>>
>>52671908
I´d say you start off with Orange Heavy Rocks, or just make a random pick from their most accesible stuff, like Noise, New Album, Pink or Smile.
>>
In no particular order:

Heavy Rocks (orange)
Feedbacker
Pink
Flood
Smile
Altar
and just in general anything other than the material they've put out since Smile
>>
>>52671966
>all pretty much good
>same band that released attention please
pls
>>
>>52672058
>Noise, New Album
NO
NO
BAD
>>
>>52672113
noise is good m8
>>
>>52672113
>Not liking Noise
It's like you hate diversity.
But yeah, OP, listen to these two only if you're open to poppier stuff.
>>
>>52672121
>>52672199
fuck, I got Noise mixed up with Attention Please
disregard me I'm a faggot
>>
File: borish.jpg (539 KB, 3235x1618) Image search: [Google]
borish.jpg
539 KB, 3235x1618
Flood and Feedbacker are their masterpieces. Feedbacker is among my favorite albums of all time. Also, you would probably like Rainbow with Michio Kurihara, it reminds me of Akuma no Uta.

If you liked Amplifier Worship, you should also check out the Archive Volumes (the percussionless songs are god-tier drone) or Dronevil (make sure to play both discs at the same time). Altar (w/ Sunn o))) ) is also fantastic. Rock Dream w/ Merzbow is good too.

Pink is probably their most popular album, and it has some great songs on it (My Machine, Farewell, Blackout, and especially Just Abandoned Myself).

Präparat is a much-forgotten recent (2013) album that I like a lot better than Noise, personally.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (109 KB, 1665x862) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
109 KB, 1665x862
>>52672079
this is good
in general, releases like Absolutego, Heavy Rocks 2011, Dronevil and the newer pop releases are NOT places to go, they are places to END UP.
the closest thing you're gonna get to the Akuma experience is Pink, second closest is Heavy Rocks 2002.
Amplifier worship is the best Boris made of its kind; flood is the closest to it in ideology and time period IMO but it's way different.

Flood and Feedbacker are GOAT but you may need to give them a couple tries. Acually, definitely give them a couple tries no matter what, but only when you want to hear something new.

>>52672058
>>52672121
confirmed for bad idea.

Good luck anon
>>
>>52672113
>>52672121
>>52672199
>>52672239
Eh, noise was better than the previous 3 albums but it's still nothing great. It honestly sounds like a generic anime-intro-tier japanese metal band trying to make a sludgy Boris record.
>>
Love for AnU, Feedbacker, Vein
>>
>>52672299
this guy knows what he's talking about
personally I'd say Flood is their magnum opus, and the next one you should check out
>>
>>52672239
You are, Attention Please was different from their usual stuff but it wasn't all that bad.
>>
I've been wanting to get into other bands like Boris. Mainly a band that can combine Post-Rock, Drone, Stoner, and Sludge.

Also
>tfw New Album isn't as bad as people say it is
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 399x388
Does anyone have a Dronevil link where one disc is playing on one side of my headphones and the other on the other.

I wouldn't know how to do it.
>>
>>52672085
>not liking Attention Please
You probably hate the mixes of those same songs too, right?
>>
>>52672113
I made that thread earlier today that was asking why the fuck you guys told me Noise was bad, it was probably this cat who told me that.
Fuck you, Noise is great!
>>
>>52675703
that exists?!
Well, i havent even heard about that ever.
Maybe you can just use a sound editing program and put the songs together and set them on different channels and convert the final product.

i'll do it myself but im on my phone right now.
But if said link exists Rutracker must have that particular arrange of songs
>>
>>52675783
Eh, Noise is like a compilation of all their music history. Some solid tracks, sure. But as a whole album, i was expecting MORE drone in a single album, or just a single genre in an album.
>>
>>52675908
I don't think that link exists, but you should be the one to create it.

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>52676009
c'mon! I dont even have Garageband installed on my shitty mac.

I'll see what i can do and post it someday in another Boris thread
>>
>>52675933
Boris like move around within their comfortable genre zone. I wouldn't expect a single distinct genre album from them unless it's something that loses the point when mixed, like drone.
>>
I think the last track of Flood is lacking, but the first three tracks are fan-fucking-tastic, especially for driving around or listening to while on the train this time of year,
>>
>>52675908
I think i actually have it, let me check
>>
>>52675703
>>52675908
>>52676009
>>52676102
>>52676408

Disregard that, someone else did it already. He even shared it in FLAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp63Aba-fiQ

https://mega.co.nz/#!hkRgSbwQ!RiTYcwtJcgE-lyXaXQs8E3C50Zw-hf8JNwaRgDJqKAA
>>
File: ss+(2015-01-07+at+12.22.16).png (186 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-01-07+at+12.22.16).png
186 KB, 1366x768
>>52675908
>>52676408
not with one track in L and one track in R, but this version does have a disc with both discs combined. looks like this in a music player

link's here https://mega.co.nz/#!69YGhK7a!AdUKgASKaxFum596Bzt9KlHsDFsSrBPAOtCQ1HZYe88

fucking huge dl btw, it's 406mb took me forever
>>
>>52676637
appreciate it, anon! Im gonna listen to it and see if i can make the L&R version myself based on your pic

Although, it might have to wait since i got the Dronevil version without Loose and Red
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.