[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parliament-Funkadelic, for example.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4
Parliament-Funkadelic, for example.
>>
Maggot Brain is so good
By the way, I'm under 30, white and male
>>
Have a nice life
>>
nas
>>
>>52671114

I have a lady friend who is really into Funkadelic so I hear a lot of it from her.

The only album I own of them though is Maggot Brain and my dad has a George Clinton solo album.

Also The Beatles, The Clash, and CAN.
>>
Most gansta rap, if we're talking about white kids.
>>
>abjortion
>>
Why would anyone do that?
>>
>>52671158
>I'm under 30, white and male
you and everyone else who liked maggot brain
>>
>>52671330
That was the joke, sperglord

I'm not white irl though. I'd kill myself
>>
>>52671330
Yeah, brilliant. That's what his fucking post was trying to say.
>>
>>52671114
i agree on this, people should really jump into their respective discographies bc there's some serious shit happening there. for my part, i spent the last 2 yrs of college listening pretty much exclusively to funk music and it's subgenres n fusions- lot to offer. never met a chap on mu i respect on the funk
>>
>>52671355
>having literal shitskin

how awful that would be
>>
>>52671114
Whenever people name drop a bunch of bands, I assume they usually only listen to like one or two and the rest is just for credibility. Also stuff that's considered "classic" that's been around for so long it's mostly just taken for granted now, like Pink Floyd or the Beatles
>the list could go on...
>that fucking filename
>>
>>52671254
nigga, people listen to the beatles. right? i mean damn
>>
>>52671390
Not as bad as cumskin. That's just gross >_<
>>
>>52671114
Actually a friend of mine posted a song from Maggot Brain a few months ago.
>>52671330
He was under 30 and black.
>>
>>52671114
lewis & his band
>>
neutral milk hotel. nobody actually listens to them, its unlistenable garbage. chic hipsters just pretend to like them to seem "cool"
>>
>>52671469
I love this meme :)
>>
Throbbing Gristle
>>
>>52671484
What's your favorite song that isn't on ItAOtS?

>inb4 you have to use google
>>
talking heads
>>
>>52671511
Naomi :)
>>
>>52671407
RT and fav <3
>>
Who the fuck hasn't heard them? Everyone has. It's not some obscure thing people pretend to like.
>>
Kraftwerk
>>
>>52671611
heard OF them. how many know anything beyond "Flashlight"?
>>
>tfw your Dad had a load of Funkadelic/P-Funk/Parliament records he sold before you were born
>>
I've gotten a lot of "You like Bleach? That's a good song" when I talk about Nirvana.
>>
>>52671611
It doesn't need to be obscure.
Just look at the many Nirvana, Ramones, Iron Maiden and Joy Division shirts people are wearing.
>>
I dunno, I know a lot of people that love Funkadelic. Parliament, I think you have to be black to like. But Funkadelic is great, I have a buddy that has been obsessed with George Clinton since he was like 16 and went to go see him on New Years 2014, they have pictures and stuff, he seems like a really cool guy.

>>52671254
Can? Really? I fucking love Can, they're hands down my favorite band ever, and I have listened to every album I can find by them.
>>
>>52671673
>heard OF them. how many know anything beyond "Knee Deep"?

ftfy
>>
>>52671114
fuck outta here, I own almost every album they've produced, plus various members solo releases, plus singles from The Parliaments. I've seen George several times.
>>
File: sad-pikachu.jpg (10 KB, 333x331) Image search: [Google]
sad-pikachu.jpg
10 KB, 333x331
>>52671687
>>
>>52671511
Songs against secks
>>
>>52671355
>not wanting to be the Literal master race

please go
>>
Current 93
Leonard Cohen
Burzum
Ride
>>
>>52671814
You'll never be Filipino either though
>>
do people not feel like shit when they say they like stuff but don't?
>>
what a terrible premise for a thread.
>>
>>52671511
>muh super secret indie-rock band! y-you guys are just pretending, I'm a real fan!
>>
Bjork
>>
>>52671848
It's more like they don't know what they sound like so they just say they like them without actually trying it.
>>
>>52671865
I think NMH are shit.
>>
>>52671330
I'm a 43 year old black man and I like Maggot Brain
>>
>>52671884
that was a song title, dumbass
>>
>>52671704
I'm a huge Nirvana fan but I think I'd rather talk to someone who is completely indifferent towards them than someone who dresses grunge because they heard Smells Like Teen Spirit.
>>
Sachiko M / Toshimaru Nakamura / Otomo Yoshihide - Good Morning
Merzbow - Pulse Demon
The conet project
The disintegration loops
>>
The Beatles.
>>
>>52671931
>Merzbow - Pulse Demon
>The conet project

>tfw I actually like these
>>
>>52671355
Yeah why on earth would you want to be superior?
>>
Most Jazz and Delta Blues.
>>
This thread is the definition of projection.
>>
>>52671390
>>52671814
>>52671974
>eating this bait
c'mon guys, we're better than this
>>
>>52672027
Delta Blues yes in most cases
>>
>>52671974
>>52671814

As ironic as you're probably being, it's that kind of attitude that makes me glad I'm not white

:)
>>
Leadbelly
>>
>>52671877
no but i mean like generally speaking. like how when people wear shirts of bands they've never heard of or listened to. do they actually believe they like them? or are they aware and still don't feel like dickheads?
>>
>>52671511
>ItAOtS
If you're going to be that autismal about capitalization, at least leave "O" lowercase.
>>
>>52672065
Good, we don't want you
>>
File: Bait thread on 4chan.jpg (67 KB, 461x307) Image search: [Google]
Bait thread on 4chan.jpg
67 KB, 461x307
>>52672201
You sound like a spoiled child. Since you're white, you probably were one at some point.
>>
Most of the people who claim to like Joy Division have never listened to anything outside of Love Will Tear Us Apart
>>
>>52672162
>not capitalising prepositions
>>
>>52672282
>has a computer
>calling others spoiled
>>
>>52671889
if this is true, you need to contribute more and bring a voice of sanity to this hell hole
>>
>>52672282
I was also superior to you at some point. Which is every point actually
>>
Anything made before the 60's.
>>
>>52671511
Songs against sex. There's others on Avery Island but they don't come to mind so much.
>>
>>52671920
I've honestly never run into a poser in that sense, but people mostly talk about Nevermind. Fine by me since I've had some great conversations about it.
>>
>>52671920
At least own the rest of their discography before you do that jesus.
>>
>>52671543
>talking heads
I like what I've heard, but never gotten down to listening to a full album yet. Love Once in a Lifetime though.
>>
>>52671355
>being poc
We got the police to take care of you then
>>
>>52671818
wat
>>
Grizzly Bear
>>
The Clash and Joy Division both immediately jump to mind.

Also, every female who has Modest Mouse in her music player is guaranteed to have just Float On.
>>
>>52671931
>Sachiko M / Toshimaru Nakamura / Otomo Yoshihide - Good Morning

even knowing that album means you have heard it
unless you mean never actually listening to the constituent artists' respective careers
>>
keiji haino

>>52673180
it's a real good album too
>listening to sachiko m's solo work
no thanks
>>
Not bands but Beethoven, Mozart, Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington
>>
>>52671114
is that a joke? Who doesn't listen to p-funk on a regular basis? Free your mind and standing on the verge are GOATs.

Fuck you OP. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>52673469
i really like Take The A Train. Does Duke Ellington have an album where it sounds like that
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.