[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What caused NYC to go out of style? Remember the 90s/early 00s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: new-york-city-H.jpg (473 KB, 1389x454) Image search: [Google]
new-york-city-H.jpg
473 KB, 1389x454
What caused NYC to go out of style? Remember the 90s/early 00s when it was THE place to be?
>>
>>52422220

The liberal progressive art crowd got too caught up in politics and anti-americanism
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q5EPlgrWus
>>
>>52422372
>Opposing senseless wars

Muh Anti-Americanism!
>>
>>52422458

everybody and their mom opposed the war on terror. We're talking about social justice DUDE WHITE MALES LMAO liberalism
>>
File: 1412545545004.gif (2 MB, 312x219) Image search: [Google]
1412545545004.gif
2 MB, 312x219
nigga it is the place the be, either that London, or California.
>>
I wouldn't want to be there the next time a fucking building collapses and kills thousands of people.
>>
Its still one half of the two best spots to be in that entire country.
>>
>>52422512

>nigga it is the place the be

in 2008 maybe.

>London or California

still very relevant.

There's a huge space open for "hip urban American place" right now and Austin, Atlanta, Tampa/St. Pete, Denver, Seattle or Chicago could easily grab it if they got their shit together.

Florida just surpassed New York in population and the state is only getting bluer. People want warmer climates. Come on Tampa stop sucking.
>>
>>52422594
population is not relative to cultural attractiveness

it is literally inversely related
>>
Jewing up of property values caused the decent artists to move out. Good fucking riddance. Everyone here can fester and eat their own shit.
>>
what is the new new york?
i want to leave montreal but new york is too expensive
>>
>>52422220
it was the place to be so every kid wanted to be a part of it without actually contributing to what made it cool in the first place. people wanting to live there drove up property value until all that was left was a bunch of uncreative rich kids doing coke. the circle of life.
>>
>>52422978
nigga what you sayin
montreal is fucking great right now
>cheap rent
>university city
>great music scene
>big city, but not so big you can get lost
the only bad part is the language barrier, and even then french isn't too hard to pick up
>>
>>52422594
I'm waiting on Gainesville to get big. We're expanding rapidly, and I'm not complaining.
>>
>>52423044
i speak both, but i just want to get away from my family for a while
i need a city with a scene similar to montreals
>>
>>52423072
come hang with me bb
we'll live it up on the plateau
>>
>>52422611
Montana is the shit!
>>
NYC is still pretty dope, at least I enjoy myself when I'm there.

The main problem is the city started getting clean in the late '80s and early '90s, and now gentrification has made rent fucking ridiculous.

It's sad, because I'd live there in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
>>
>>52423106
just came back from a bar on the plateau
chatted up some french hipster chicks
can't bring them home cause i live too far :/
>>
>>52422220
9/11
>>
You have to be rich to enjoy NYC
>>
>>52423117
oy vey, iktf living in lachine
>>
>>52423139
its the 1%.
/thread
>>
>>52423002
Same thing's happening across the Bay Area.
>>
>>52423163
at least you're on the island dude, i'm in fucking laval
>>
>>52423179
haah waaw
>>
>>52423172
I used to think San Francisco was the place to be when I was a kid but last time I went I wasn't impressed. I think the economy has ruined San Francisco.
>>
>>52423199
The East Bay is fsr better anyways, and less stuck up about itself.
>>
>>52422500
>social justice DUDE WHITE MALES LMAO liberalism
Convenient how they find a way to completely ignore the work of some of the greatest thinkers in history.
>>
>>52423269
so much this. i live in the east bay and can confirm.
>>
What cities are best right now? What is each city good for?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.