[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream Genre thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: disco-wordle.png (155 KB, 700x443) Image search: [Google]
disco-wordle.png
155 KB, 700x443
It goes like this: List a combination of genres that you're interested in, and people try to recommend each other stuff based on their ideas.

My ideas:
>Breakbeat Jazz (preferably breaks with jazzy interludes or something like that)
>Drone Punk
>Math Rock with significant Funk influences
>>
>>52242109
For the love of god, tell me that mathgaze exists
>>
>>52242109
>>Breakbeat Jazz (preferably breaks with jazzy interludes or something like that)

amon tobin?

anyways
>Progressive Emo (think bands that expand upon BLA's sound, with varied instrumentation and concept albums and all that jazz)

>Jazzgaze
>>
>>52242793
>Jazzgaze
This track somewhat fits this description, though it's probably not what you're looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWou65acHo
>>
Ambient Screamo
>>
>>52242793
>amon tobin?
Haven't listened to him. Any albums of his that particularly fits the description, or should I just try my way through?
>>
rap with weird/shifting time signatures that isn't annoying, overly-serious/studious, pretentious, or the same video of that asian guy from songs to wear pants to
>>
>>52242906
Sed Non Satiata
>>
>>52242947
i'm not familiar with him beyond Bricolage, but that one's got elements of both (along with a bit of IDM). i'd guess you could check rym for further advice
>>
>>52242753
check out piles and piles
>>
>>52242994
I'll check that out, thanks. Hopefully it'll be what I'm hoping for
>>
>>52242793
>Breakbeat Jazz
T. Power - The Self Evident Truth Of An Intuitive Mind
4 Hero - Parallel Universes
Various- Logical Progression
Big Bud - Infinity + Infinity
Spring Heel Jack - There Are Strings
Cloud 9 - Distant Affairs
Photek - Modus Operandi
Alex Reece - So Far
London Elektricity - Pull The Plug
Utah Jazz - It's A Jazz Thing
Adam F - Colours
Omni Trio - The Deepest Cut Vol. 1
Amon Tobin - Bricolage
Plug - Drum 'n' Bass For Papa
Roni Size & Reprazent - New Forms
Wax Doctor - Selected Works 94-96
Jacob's Optical Stairway - Jacob's Optical Stairway
>>
>>52242894
this sounds more like ambient pop with a sax. still cool though
>>
>>52243259
Thanks a ton, I'll try to give some of those a listen. Starting with Amon Tobin
>>
>>52242947
Supermodified is his best.
>>
>>52242994
This is actually pretty amazing. The beats are all over the place, while the jazzy-ness is so damn soothing, it's a weird, but great, feeling
>>
>blues
>drone/doom
>blues
>jazz
>blues
>the first soad album
>blues
>stoner
>blues
>blues
>blues
>and more blues
>>
>>52244339
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>52242109
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zypOT0RpUWQ
>>
>>52244378
no, man I just really like blues. It's like a mother, it loves you when no one else does.
>>
Doom/sludge metal with Harry Partch-influenced percussion.
>>
>>52244527
It still seems like you're having a stroke.
>>
Does someone have that post-avant jazz something post?
>>
>shoegaze rock opera
>>
From Amon Tobin's last.fm page

>If you’ll recall, these were the trip-hop years for electronic music, where any clown with a sampler and a collection of Blue Note records could knock off some half-baked boutique hotel background music.

id love to listen to some half baked blue note sample based clown music. recs?
>>
>>52245441
it's called jazzy hip-hop.
>>
>>52245491

yabut i dont want someone rapping about their problems over half baked samples. this is a pretty dope fucking genre
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.