[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kanye Ruined AnCo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (837 KB, 604x721) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
837 KB, 604x721
Did Kanye's album leaking at the same time of AnCo's new album ruin Anco's new album for anyone else?

Kanye's album feels so raw, heavy, risk taking, bold and fucking rugged.

AnCo sound so fucking corny, weak, low-stakes, repetitive and boring in comparison, and I'm a fan of both.

I think rap has finally become -the- essential genre.
>>
File: 1324534638419.png (228 KB, 459x441) Image search: [Google]
1324534638419.png
228 KB, 459x441
>Kanye's album feels so raw, heavy, risk taking, bold and fucking rugged

Hmm maybe I downloaded the wrong Kanye album
>>
Kanye's album didn't leak you fucking mongoloid. It got released, days after its actual release date at that.

Nevertheless, both are good albums. Some people might not agree with this but I think both are definitely the top 2 albums of this decade thus far.
>>
File: chillin.jpg (126 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chillin.jpg
126 KB, 1920x1080
>>62544435
doubt he planned it tbqh
plus, if AnCo were credible enough, they wouldn't be undermined by Yeezy regardless of the albums getting leaked simultaneously
I'm not listening to Painting With until I get a high quality copy but I wouldn't expect it to, in any way, dramatically pale in comparison to TLOP
I wouldn't say Kanye's belittled them, I think that's just what he wants to believe and wants other people to as well. AnCo are a lot more understated in that regard; I don't think they care as much about what people think of them
>>
>>62544435
OFFICIAL 2ND FEB RELEASES POWER RANKINGS

PW>TLOP
>>
>>62544574
>both are definitely the top 2 albums of this decade thus far
Uhh, how?
>>
>>62544617
Because taste is subjective kid
>>
File: Untitled.png (744 KB, 604x721) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
744 KB, 604x721
One is for people in their prime (16-25)

The second is for late 20's/early 30 year olds who stil think AnCo is relevant/important
>>
>>62544685
what a totally unbiased and non-opinionated statement thankyou voice of reason
>>
>>62544435
Haven't listened to ANCO because it's supposedly bad quality. I think Kanye is a better artist than ANCO with regards to their whole catalog so Kanye overshadowed anco in my mind. That said, TLOP is a pretty big disappointment for me and not just because I'm comparing it to Kanye's other amazing stuff. It's just a really disjoint album with only a third of the songs really feeling like they have any substance
>>
>>62544685
lol. are you a 16 year old??
25-40 is prime for men
20-28 is prime for women.
>>
>>62544685
I think AnCo have quite a varied fanbase; there's a fair amount of people in their early twenties that like them. Also, have their relevance and importance really changed? I don't remember them being that significant tbqh.
>>
>liking The Life of Filler Songs

Painting With is pretty great. Starts slow but gets progressively better. I'd say one of their best albums
>>
PW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TLOP
>>
>he's in denial that TLOP is shit
It's ok OP you'll soon realize
>>
>he doesnt like kanye

le wrong generation!
>>
>>62545096
I don't think you understand what that means
>>
>>62544821
being THIS deluded.
Physically a man peaks at 25
>>
>>62545145

yeah i should listen to QUEEN right? fuck you!
>>
>>62544821
Didn't they do a study that shows people peak both physically and mentally at around 24 and then decline?
>>
literally every song except for ultralight beam and maybe real friends is absolute shit on TLOP

freestyle 4, facts, both parts of father stretch my hands, i love kanye, silver surfer intermission, feedback are embarrassing
>>
>>62545226
and i also think painting with is their most boring forgettable record so far
>>
>>62545226
Waves was kinda cool. There were one or two other moments I liked as well though I forget what song they were on.

The album is fairly boring
>>
>Kanye's album feels so raw, heavy, risk taking, bold and fucking rugged.

OP confirmed downloaded Yeezus mislabeled as TLOP
>>
I love both artists but I have no desire right now to listen to the new animal collective, that's how good tlop is
>>
>>62545259
Painting With is great though

Maybe two or three forgettable songs, sure but the majority of the record is excellent
>>
>Great
Floridada

>Good
Vertical

>Alright
On Delay

>Shit
The Rest of the Album

Worst AnCo album in over a decade
>>
I don't hate TLOP like a lot of the people saying it's garbage but PW is AOTY-tier and TLOP is only like an 8 for me, it just gets bogged down by some filler
>>
>>62545330
idk, the stakes just feel so low in comparison to a record like feels, sj, etc.

those records were so grand while STILL being fun and almost goofy like painting with is. painting with just feels like the same few smooth vocal effects and with some neat production tricks here and there but never any emotional weight to any of it imo
>>
>>62545354
the Burglars is the best song on the album. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to revise your rankings
>>
>>62545354
>The Burglars, Bagels In Kiev, Natural Selection
>shit

lmao how's your shit taste treating you?
>>
PW is good but people are really overreacting, it's about tied with Centipede Hz.
>>
anco isnt out
it's a bad sounding leak
cmon
>>
>>62545396
What do you mean by the stakes
>>
>>62545145
it's a false flag
>>
>>62545465
Which is their second best album, family.
>>
>>62545470
But there's a 320kbps leak out right now with proper track listing and everything you stupid tripfaggot
>>
>>62545470

Yes, it is out.

You either like the songs or not.

Better quality isn't going to change the songwriting/melodies, etc. It will just make it more enjoyable for people who already like the songs
>>
>>62545542
>320

nah senpai
>>
>>62545504
kill yourself
>>
>>62545465
It's better than CHz though I knew that before I heard it
>>
>>62545608
>CHz is bad

stop this meme
>>
>>62545542
are you shitting me right now, it's 320 kbps but the actual rip is still distorted

if you compare the 320 leak to the actual FloriDada mp3, you can tell that the leak is complete trash in comparsion
>>
>>62545658
It's so relatively minimal it would hardly make a difference in assessing how good of an album it is

It's not like it's the garbage 128kbps recording that initially came out
>>
>>62545504
Correct.
>>62545608
Incorrect.
>>
>>62544685
Im 22 and fuck kanye, he's a self obsessed child

AnCo is superior in every way
>>
Can someone please post the fucking 320kbps link?
>>
>>62545798
>Im 22
classic
>>
Deakin will rival both of them.
>>
>>62545885
I AM DUBS.
>>
>>62545798
>Im 22

Sure thing kiddo.
>>
>>62545576
You don't listen to music seriously do you?
>>
>>62545817
https://mega.nz/#!L8ch0CpT!9LJ15zYiuBgNjnyMVPOf_yaC5URKD1UfiAHBM9s82cI
>>
>>62545896
I can't wait for this I can't fucking wait for this
>>
>>62545817
https://mega.nz/#!L8ch0CpT!9LJ15zYiuBgNjnyMVPOf_yaC5URKD1UfiAHBM9s82cI

It's not true 320, sounds more like 256k

Still good enough for me desu for now
>>
>>62544685
>he only listens to artists if the masses think they're relevant
jesus christ

>>62544435
>raw

how can something that no doubt took millions of dollars to make be "raw"?

STGSTV
is the only anco release i liked but kill yourself
>>
I know you're on /mu/ right now but by and large the fanbases don't cross over as much as you think, OP.
>>
File: reeereeree.jpg (82 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
reeereeree.jpg
82 KB, 1333x900
>>62544435
>Kanye's album feels so raw, heavy

>rap

This is pop shit interlaced with some genuinely creative tracks.

This album is a 4/10 and I'm disappointed so many people on /mu/ like his shit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.