[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Must listen-to prog rock albums/bands that aren't King Crimson?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 4i.jpg (32 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4i.jpg
32 KB, 800x600
Must listen-to prog rock albums/bands that aren't King Crimson?
>>
>>52045656
More King Crimson
>>
Gentle Giant, Gryphon
>>
File: genesis_a_trick_of_the_tail.jpg (24 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
genesis_a_trick_of_the_tail.jpg
24 KB, 301x300
This is fucking god-tier prog.

The first album featuring Collins as the singer, but it still sounds like classic, proggy Genesis at their best.
>>
Don't know what most of the prog fans here think of them, but The Dark Third by Pure Reason Revolution is pretty damn good imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwwIiyFmoxM
>>
File: godbluff.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
godbluff.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
Get the Van der Graaf discography and then just quit
>>
>>52045656
Tool, if we're going with the obvious.
>>
>>52045867
seconded

also, some of the Canterbury bands are pretty damn good
>>
Uh. I haven't listened to prog for a few years so I never was in with the /mu/ shit so maybe you guys haven't heard of these

Spock's Beard (plenty of releases, all solid), Enchant (a bit cheesy but that's all prog), Deja Vu (older band, overshadowed, quality shit, catchy too), Beardfish (newer, kind of fun), and uhm.
I deleted most mine I guess.... Used to be all I listen to then I deleted half it.

Ayreon? Have you listened to them?
Uh. Human Equation.

And Dream Theater gets shit on but they aren't bad if you don't think you're some intellectual for listening to them, they make fun melodic-as-fuck music with good energy.
>>
An Endless Sporadic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NfSP4pl1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRiwLWxzCSY
>>
>>52045656
close to the edge
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.