[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>save money for a year and use all my graduation cash to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: Komp9Cg-large.jpg (128 KB, 744x750) Image search: [Google]
Komp9Cg-large.jpg
128 KB, 744x750
>save money for a year and use all my graduation cash to buy this shit to replace the out-of-date craigslist model that i've been using for the past 6 years

>takes 4 hours and 12 discs to install

>on the last disc, installation fails

i'm fuming. what do i fucking do now.

also, daw general i guess
>>
>>51998652
i'm actually asking for advice, should i just start the installation again from the top or is this just gonna happen again

as far as i know all the specs are in order and i know there's enough space for it
>>
The way I see it, you have two choices. There really are two paths here. You can try again, sure, but there is also a second option. This one involves some positive thinking, taking a better look at things if you will. Sure, you can choose to look at it as you wasted almost 5 hours of what I can only assume is your precious time on this software, or you can choose to look at it in the way that I see it: that you saved countless hours smelling terrible in front of your computer making shitty synth loops that will impress no one except your mother who already wishes she aborted you, and instead you can find another hobby to consume your time until end up putting a pistol to your temple because you're still a hapless virgin living at home masturbating to women you will never get posting on a music board for anime obsessed faggots.

Or just download it again.
>>
>>51998753
REKT
E
K
T
>>
File: 1355621115171.jpg (197 KB, 634x919) Image search: [Google]
1355621115171.jpg
197 KB, 634x919
>>51998753

y u gotta be so negative bruh? the kid wants to make choons, there is nothing wrong with that. How is making music "different' from any other hobby? at least there is a purpose to it, instead of being an autist stamp collector for example
>>
>>51998753

>making shitty synth loops that will impress no one except your mother

h-heh my mom is actually my toughest critic.

neet musician problems am I right?
>>
>>51998753
good job. i mean that.

seriously though i need an answer. has this happened to anyone else?
>>
>>51998753
Why the fuck do you have to bring people down, man? Why do you have to be like that?
>>
>>51998735
Do it again, try not to get pissed this time, It'll just makes things worse trust me. I almost got kicked out by my father for trying to put a chair together once.

>>51998753
Jesus did your parents killed by installation discs or something? What the fuck triggered you?
>>
>>51998652
try again, clean install. if it doesn't work contact NI and tell them the problem (or google the problem) usually anything you've experienced someone else would have had go wrong too, so bound to be something on the forums.

if all else fails email them. If you bought it legit they have an obligation to make it work on your computer, either by solving the issue or reimbursing you with a different sample pack.
>>
>>51998837
I'm too ashamed to show me mum any of my stuff. She likes the tunes she's actually heard though
>>
>>51998878

His parents ARE the installation discs.
>>
>>51998845

1) call them and explain your problem. unless you live in bumfuck Minnesota chances are there is a music shop that carries the software/CDS

2) if they won't/can't give you a replacement/point you out in the direction of buying a legit copy (it happened to me with the Adobe Suite. I had a legit copy...until the CD got scratched. They refused to sell me the CD, told me I had to get a new license) then pirate it. If you aren't completely retarded, you can easily just download the CD you need. Since most pirated copies are just the original CDs + a patch applied after the installation, it SHOULD work for you
>>
I don't mean to be rude though but who pays for software in 2014
>>
>>51998877
i don't really care, i thought it was funny

>>51998836
i never noticed how weird her hair is

>>51998878
>killed by installation discs
my sides

>>51998915
>>51998967
thanks. i'm not gonna be able to do it for a while cuz all this is in my dorm and i'm going back home on thursday, but i'll keep your advice in mind.

>>51998928
my parents actually know their shit. my dad is a retired producer.
>>
File: 1303594901988.png (65 KB, 168x191) Image search: [Google]
1303594901988.png
65 KB, 168x191
>>51998652

>Paying for music production software
>>
>>51999007

>my dad is a retired producer.

oh is that why you can't pirate

well power to you man, good luck
>>
>>51999007
>my dad is a retired producer.
That's pretty cool, any recognizable albums youre comfortable sharing?
>>
>>51999009
If you're going to be making money with your music, it pays to own the liscene to the samples your using.

professional producers/DAW composers do actually buy sample packs... many of them.
Usually they have a day job to support their addiction to buying the latest and greatest samples, at least until the music becomes their main source of income (if that ever happens)
>>
>>51999004
>>51999009
holy shit we're really close to >>52000000 aren't we
anyway i try to buy shit legally whenever possible if it's worth it. means i'm a poorfag 90% of the time but i think it's worth it.

>>51999037
no not at all, his baby boomer ex-hippie ass lets me do what i want as long as it's not completely stupid

>>51999049
nah, nothing recognizable, unless you're like in your late 30s and 40s. but he did host the first ACL

and he's the reason jeff bridges is an actor or something? that's a weird story.

>>51999079
this
>>
My god did you not even pirate it first?

Everybody knows you pirate all your music software and then after you get your first platinum album you buy it.

All my music shit is pirated except a £40 DAW
>>
>>51999079
I swear I heard even Martin Garrix is using pirated software.

His music is still shit though.
>>
>>51999137
>>51999009

this
>>
>>51999137
>>51999190
look, the way i see it, i'm fortunate enough to have a choice, so i choose to buy legally unless the price is clearly bullshit. how shitty would i be if i HAD the money to pay artists and software engineers but i just didn't
>>
>>51999137
>not supporting developers
it's like you want things to never advance or improve
>>
>>51999316
it's a doggy dog world
>>
>>51999234
I would say $500 is bullshit.

That's more expensive than my guitar and I use that in most of my music.
>>
>>51999316
c'mon man, I'm an amateur university student who doesn't sell any music and just wants a trumpet sound that doesn't sound like fucking shit.
>>
File: eastboxl.jpg (67 KB, 578x700) Image search: [Google]
eastboxl.jpg
67 KB, 578x700
>>51999476
protip: record a real trumpet player.

but yeah torrent what you can, buy what you need, hit up your producer buddies for their old sample packs they don't use anymore... I've got some good packs that way.

gotta do a bit of everything, most of the good packs aren't available for torrent, but there some ok stuff out there.

I bought my first sample pack last year... $600 for a fuck ton of ethnic instruments (pic)
Its good shit, but not for every project...
>>
>>51999381
Native Instruments has 400 employees. How do you think they're getting paid?
>>
>>51999137
>>51999316
nah, because the people with the platinum albums will still buy all of it.

idc if software development slows a bit, people should have access to the best equipment available if it is that easy to download.
>>
>>51998652
only reaktor is worth it for razor.

How does it feel to spend all your graduation cash on outdated throwaway-ware by talentless hacks.

Sell the license as fast as you can and get some real tech like Diva or Sylenth.
>>
>>51999593
Can't get a trumpet player every time I want to demo a shitty song that I probably won't even finish.
>>
>>51998652
that's what you get for investing in digital instruments.
>>
>>51999037
hey fucker reply to me in the meme thread
>>
>>51999593
Has anyone had any success getting a torrent as big as komplete or really any NI plugins to work? I've dled all of komplete and the crack but can't get it to install kompletely.
>>
>>51999721
try cinebrass:
http://pastebin.com/TXP94Sur

a few other libraries in there that I've found useful.
>>
>>51998837
>my mom is actually my toughest critic
same. my mother literally doesn't listen to anything except trance, when she listens to music at all, so when i show her my ambient/noise shit she loses it.

she likes the more beat-driven bits though.
>>
>>51999476
Right?!?
>>
>>51999119
>tfw my dad isn't an ex-hippy
>tfw my dad is a stereotypical murrican from west virginia
>my parents will never approve of my life goal
>>
whats a good daw for someone who's never used one before
>>
>>51999924
garageband, FL Studio...
>>
>>51999924
ableton was my first one
>>
>>51999924
GarageBand if you have a Mac, fl studio otherwise. They get shit on sometimes for being babby's first daw but I used GarageBand for like 4 or 5 years and it was perfectly fine.

>>52000076
Get the fuck out
>>
>>52000116
you are a fucking pleb, douchebag
>>
>>51998652
>paying for software
>>
>>52000116
Forgot my trip

>>51999878
If it makes you feel better, his family is fucked up so it sort of balances out. He's one of the only good ones that isn't dead.
>>
>>52000224
>not paying for software
>expecting people to pay for your music
>>
>>52000192
I love ableton, I'm just envious. How the fuck were you able to START on that? Or did you just pirate it
>>
>>51999234
You're a good person. Fuck all the other people who are getting buttmad that you actually paid for a product.
>>
>>52000239
#rekt
If you produced it without buying the equipment, why do the fans need to pay you anything?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.