[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
saying vaporwave is dead= you are admitting it's getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: a2929298872_2.jpg (32 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
a2929298872_2.jpg
32 KB, 350x350
saying vaporwave is dead=

you are admitting it's getting popular
you're building an artificial barrier that could prevent you from hearing some genuinely good tracks
you foster an atmosphere of pointless negativity toward future expression

stop it already you stupid fucks
>>
>>51842852
pic unrelated
bb is not vapor
>>
blank banshee is every memegenra combined, not just vaporwave m8
>>
>>51842872
Fuck off. The only folks worse than people who hate vaporwave for no reason are vaporwave "purists"
>>
>>51842888
it's not vaporwave anon.
I'm not being a purist, everyone agrees that bb is not vaporwave.
>>
>>51842911
Where would you put it?
>>
>>51842924
he primarily makes trap music.
sure a bit of his music is influenced by vaporwave but that doesn't mean it's primarily vaporwave.
>>
>>51842962
My life is a lie.

Someone rec'd me Giraffage the other day, who they claimed to be wonky. It sounded a whole lot like BB. Could BB be wonky?
>>
BB is seapunk
>>
>genres
>2014
>>
>>51842996
they both make trap, they just have different influences that can be heard in their music
>>
>>51842962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGT3tmZJ5s
this is not vaporwave?

>>51843010
i think you're misunderstanding this whole thing
all of these other labels you guys keep coming up with are just different ways of interpreting the main idea the "vaporwave movement", if you can even call it that
vaporhop, seapunk, oceangrunge etc. are all basically just different styles of vaporwave
>>
>>51843069
like I said, a bit of his music is influenced by vaporwave but trap would still be what it primarily is.
>>
>>51843131
Then what primarily is vaporwave? Eccojams?
>>
>>51843157
yeah that would be the obvious choice for what could be called vaporwave.
>>
>>51843214
Is it not plunderphonics?
>>
>>51843225
vaporwave is a subgenre of plunderphonics so yeah it is plunderphnoics. calling it vaporwave is just a more on-point way to describe what it is than just saying it's plunderphonics.
>>
>>51843225
By definition but not sound
>>
>>51843271
I guess I just wonder where you draw your lines when it comes to genres. I don't think it's inaccurate to call Blank Banshee vaporwave by virtue of its aesthetic anymore than I think it's inaccurate to call Blank Banshee hip hop by virtue of his use of trap beats.
>>
>>51843157
>>51843214
eccojams is vaporwave in the same way that stockhausen is electronic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XfeWp2y1Lk
>>
>>51843069
Oceangrunge is its own thing.
>>
>>51843323
I guess you put more weight into the aesthetic side of vaporwave than I do. I don't think of the aesthetic it has as something exclusive to vaporwave.
>>
>>51843465
do you mind showing some examples of things that are clearly not vaporwave but still show the same aesthetic?
>>
>>51843465
I mean, I can pick out what obviously sounds like "classic" vaporwave. But I don't know why the line has to stop with vaporwave-informed trap music. The whole vaporwave movement has been built on an aesthetic. It may not have had its roots in that aesthetic, but it's very important to the genre.

Question: do you consider R + 7 to be vaporwave?
>>
>>51843506
well the vid posted here >>51843069
and this vid are good examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL_N1dVtddM
I hope by aesthetic you're talking about the visuals.
>>
>>51843573
>Question: do you consider R + 7 to be vaporwave?
Yes.
>>
>>51843573
I don't consider R+7 to be vaporwave.
>>51843627
you're a nut
>>
>>51843573
and try not to place so much importance on the aesthetic side of vapowave. like I showed here >>51843575 it's not exclusive to vaporwave music
>>
>>51843769
aesthetic does not simply refer to the visuals
>>
>>51843814
okay then, what do you hear in this >>51843069
that has the vaporwave aesthetic?
>>
>>51843769
>>51843841
Not that guy, but I'm talking about samples, textures AND the visual aesthetic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDvKwSVuUGA
i think it's clearly plunderphonics right off the bat
listen to that sample at 1:14
pitched/slowed down vocal chops
the track itself makes me feel like i'm stuck in some island tech city in the future
>>
>>51843930
fuck I wrote out a long post them left the page. I'll write something out again.

I'm of the mind that the visuals should not matter when deciding on what to call the music. Also BB relies on much less samples than what I would call vaporwave, a lot of the sounds in his music are not sampled. and just because he does sample doesn't make it vaporwave, he manipulates samples completely differently than how samples are manipulated in something like eccojams.

Also I know that bb doesn't only make trap music, my favorite song by him would never be called trap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wpFMYqMEJk
But none of the styles he makes are primarily vaporwave to me.
>>
>>51844128
replying to >>51843841
>>
>>51843841
>>51843930
>>51844128
>>51844150
https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&q=future+ocean+city
>>
>>51844128
I think what I said here >>51844150 could apply to your comment as well.
>Also BB relies on much less samples than what I would call vaporwave, a lot of the sounds in his music are not sampled. and just because he does sample doesn't make it vaporwave, he manipulates samples completely differently than how samples are manipulated in something like eccojams.
A lot of forms of music use samples, also vaporwave isn't the only genre to pitch/slow down vocals. example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_h55O66uf0
>>
>>51844128
I hope you weren't talking about the vid you linked in your post. >>51844154 this has me thinking you're talking about the bb track.
>>
>>51844267
yes, talking about eco zones
>>
File: BBZ.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
BBZ.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>>51842852
Blank Banshee 2 when
>>
>>51844479
0 came out September 2012
1 came out November 2013
2 was supposed to come out December 2014
it's never happening.
>>
>>51844510
fuck
I meant 1 was october
2 was supposed to be november
>>
File: blank-banshee.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
blank-banshee.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>51844536
>>51844510
Hopefully he didn't get bored of it. I enjoyed both his releases. His persona has always been striking to me. "Blank Banshee" is probably the the sweetest alias I've heard of in recent times.
>>
bb is kill
>>
>>51842852
>>51844479
>>51844510

does mu honestly like Blank Banshee that much, especially the vaporwave fans? I mean all the time, every day. Is it him doing it?

I mean some of his melody's are nice, but nothing you can't get from Clams or BoC or Aphex if I want synth noodling/wanking. And he's not vaporwave...you better get that straight, or you're just ignorantly listening to experimental instrumental hip hop.

'Broporwave' is actually perfect for people first getting into vaporwave who are having trouble identifying it's traits, because it takes the vaporwave sound or 'formula' and magnifies it and makes it more accessible and 'poppy'.
>>
>>51844949
>does mu honestly like Blank Banshee that much, especially the vaporwave fans? I mean all the time, every day. Is it him doing it?
he became popular at around the same time that vaporwave became popular on mu so he got a lot of fans that way.

>And he's not vaporwave...you better get that straight, or you're just ignorantly listening to experimental instrumental hip hop.
I think the word you're looking for is trap not experimental anything.
>'Broporwave' is actually perfect for people first getting into vaporwave who are having trouble identifying it's traits, because it takes the vaporwave sound or 'formula' and magnifies it and makes it more accessible and 'poppy'.
no, broporwave is for stuff like google glass, being poppy has nothing to do with it.

god your post is embarrassing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOOAjakCUsw
real vaporwave
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe610x1aIjM
Fave track
>>
>>51845002
>he became popular at around the same time that vaporwave became popular on mu so he got a lot of fans that way.
oh
>I think the word you're looking for is trap not experimental anything.
Do you even know what trap is?
>no, broporwave is for stuff like google glass, being poppy has nothing to do with it.
yet you motherfuckers call everything that's popular, funky or 'poppish' broporwave on here fucking daily.
>god your post is embarrassing
fuck off
>>
>>51845202
>fuck off
but you agreed with two of the things I said...
>Do you even know what trap is?
Are you saying BB doesn't make trap? Just because it has more influences than your average radio trap song doens't mean it isn't trap. Even if it wasn't trap like you seem to think it certainly isn't 'experimental' like you said
>yet you motherfuckers call everything that's popular, funky or 'poppish' broporwave on here fucking daily.
you're bringing up what other people say, not what I said.
>>
>>51845002
I think that I just came to the conclusion that I fucking hate /mu. Sayonara faggots!
>>
>>51845284
see you tomorrow
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAW7NY_CKhA master track
>>
Is Kylie Minogue vaporwave?
>>
>>51845634
Can't Get You Out of My Head is
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.