[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever listened to music while you sleep? What sort of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: image005.jpg (24 KB, 384x271) Image search: [Google]
image005.jpg
24 KB, 384x271
Have you ever listened to music while you sleep? What sort of dreams has it caused, if any?
>>
it's not good for your mental health
>>
Experienced my first lucid dream while taking a nap listening to Untrue a couple years ago
>>
I tried listening to Replica while I slept.

Didn't help me sleep. It actually freaked me out a little.
>>
>>51656944
>Have you ever listened to music while you sleep?
no, never in my life.
>>
>>51657010
well, fuck
>>
>>51656944
I find it's more based on your sleep cycle to begin with.
I've had my best sleep listening to Sigur Ros, Candy Claws, etc.
>>
Geogaddi gave me terrible nightmares
>>
>>51656944
I listen to REM... tehe
>>
I wake up much more refreshed in less amount of time when I fall asleep with music on, and it always sounds amazing when I'm first waking up.
>>
>>51656944
>Have you ever listened to music
No
>>
>>51656944
I found Swans, particularly To Be Kind, helps me fall asleep.
The only time I can recall music being connected with a dream was when a song was in the dream, I woke up and it was playing.
tl;dr yes
>>
>>51657164
I GOT IT I GOT YOUR JOKE
>>
>>51657124
closest thing i ever had to a lucid dream was a horrifying nightmare about a super-super-tall wiggly woman talking to me from the corner of the room during the devil is in the details

sleep paralysis might be a better description i guess but it never reoccurred
>>
File: Somnium.jpg (39 KB, 500x507) Image search: [Google]
Somnium.jpg
39 KB, 500x507
this or stars of the lid, every night.

duh guys
>>
I fell asleep to Bon Iver once and I had a dream that I was gently floating through a forest as a soft rain fell on me.
>>
>>51657252
To Be Kind gave me really trippy dreams. A lot of abstract, ambient colors and noises that I later realized were part of the music. 10/10 would fall asleep to again
>>
Fell asleep to ITCOTCK one time and I had an out of body experience during "I Talk to the Wind" and then I came too and was out of breath.
>>
Just erotic hypnosis files. Music distracts the everloving shit out of me.
>>
fell asleep to Giles Corey last night
I slept well

GY!BE is also god tier sleep music
>>
>>51656944
The Cure's Disintegration. It hasn't altered my dreams from what I can tell.
>>
Fell asleep to grouper a couple days ago
>still in a melancholy state of feel
>>
>>51657010
really? I listen to music all the time while I sleep.
>>
listening to music while sleeping is not good because of all the SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES the music has and those messages enter trough your BRAIN and SUBCONSCIOUSNESS.

STOP PRAISING SATAN AND PRAISE THE LORD
>>
Usually when I listen to music while I sleep it doesn't really have an effect, I just sleep normally. Other than one time where I was listening to Black Earth by Bohren And Der Club Of Gore and I had this weird state of consciousness where I felt like I was asleep but I was just staring at the ceiling of my bedroom. It was very strange but very cool. I use to have sleep paralysis, shit is terrible.
>>
>>51657327
That actually freaks me the fuck out just imagining that. What did she say?
>>
Once I had a nightmare about this giant green thing with really long, big arms chasing after me and killing all of my family over a really long period of time (the dream kind of time lapsed my life and made me feel like i was in it for a long time) and finally it caught up with me and just stuck one if it's arms out at me and pointed at me and said
"give it back"
and i woke up.
I wish I knew what it meant.
>>
anyone have any tips on causing lucid dreaming? I can't get it to happen, and I'd really like to experience it
>>
>>51657037
how though, that album + Amber by Autechre used to be my go to sleep albums for a year.
>>
I fell asleep to the nichijou soundtrack and I dreamt I was yuuko and I was in an unaired episode of nichijou.

Nothing interesting happened, obviously.
>>
I listened to Children of God for the first time as I was falling asleep, and the entire album played during my dream. inside the dream I was listening to it on my head phones, but the music continued playing inside my head or something after I took them off. I tripped the fuck out and went into my living room which had a bunch of white cloth and Satan ritual looking candles all over the place. Then a doppleganger of my self appeared and we started beating the fuck out of each other. I woke up just as the last track was ending.

I remember being so relieved when I went to my computer and got the music to stop playing.
>>
>>51658296
Supposedly, you're supposed to stay still in bed until you're in a state of waking sleep and that's when you can finally close your eyes and start lucid dreaming.

I've tried it a few times and I always get an itch that throws me off and I either start over or just give up and sleep normally.
>>
>>51658512
huh, how long does that take do you think?
>>
>>51658565
I think 40 minutes.
From what I read, when you start hearing strange noises, that's when you know you're dreaming and can close your eyes.
>>
>>51658296
no shit had an OBE type lucid dream a week ago, it all happened just like this >>51658649, A buzz would go through my head and suddenly I just flew out of my body. it only lasted a little while I woke myself up trying to control my body in my dream
>>
>>51658161
Did you return the slab?
>>
>>51657010
[citation needed]
>>
This thread makes me fucking depressed. I can barely get to sleep without music (right now I've been awake for 26 hours and I still can't get to sleep), and the last time I remember dreaming was about a year ago. Savor that shit bros.
>>
File: pic related.jpg (247 KB, 1190x1551) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
247 KB, 1190x1551
>>51657955
like, she was just pretty much saying whatever the lady in the song is saying, or whatever my brain assumed she was saying (from what i've read it's some monologue about hypnosis) but she was saying it TO me, if that makes sense

and she was tall as fucking shit too, her shoulders were up against the ceiling and she had to hunch over a little bit, and she kind of wiggled around like she was made of seaweed floating underwater. the worst part was that my room in the dream was a straight 1:1 exact replica of the room in real life down to every detail. you know how most dreams that involve your house, lots of things are weird and subtly different, like the layout of rooms? that wasn't the case here, so when i woke up my brain was yelling at me DON'T FUCKING LOOK IN THE CORNER NIGGA, EITHER YOU'RE STILL IN THE DREAM OR YOU WEREN'T EVEN DREAMING IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT EITHER WAY SHE'LL BE THERE IN THE CORNER LOOKING AT YOU!!!!

probably the worst dream i've ever had
>>
Just had a dream about a girl I'm too afraid to talk to after listening to Pet Sounds on speakers.

>>51657010
Um, please no
>>
Yep, artificial sound reproduction pumped directly into my ears is perfectly matched to an evolutionary pattern requiring quiet and natural conditions to utilise fully. Fucking idiots.
>>
Once I slept with some violin concerto playing and I dreamed I was touring some beautiful german town that was having a huge colourful parade with my dad. The music was playing in the town, too.
Good dream.
>>
>>51656944
>>51657615
Seconding this. Giles Corey is one of my go-to sleepytime albums. It's the perfect amount of calm to fall asleep to.
>>
when i was around 14 until probably 16 years old, i would put headphones in my ears, turn that shit down real low, and fall asleep
i haven't been able to fall asleep in silence since
>>
I fell asleep listening to Hospice and my dreams were 7/10 at best
>>
I used to listen to Opeth while I was sleeping when I was a teenager... I usually would woke up when the growls began lol.
>>
Both The Flaming Lips and The War on Drugs have caused me to have Lucid dreams.
Highly recc sleeping to those bands.
>>
>>51658425
nerd
>>
When I'm very sleepy and start listening to music I get some very interesting visualizations.
Free Improvisation is pretty cool, for example, because you can "see" and hear how the instruments interactuate with each other.
Instinct by A.D.D. Trio sounded like the instruments were actual humans talking at each other but with the sound of their instruments (Electric Guitar, Flute, and Drums) working as their voice.
It was pretty cool.

I would also recommend to check this out
Hypnagogic Dreams
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/exploring-your-hypnagogia.html
>There may also be a form of synesthesia at play during the hypnagogic state. Hearing a real-life sound may result in seeing a flash of white light due to some funny cross-wiring in the brain.

Flame Throwa is the best song from Pavement's Slanted Enchanted btw
>>
I used to listen to music to fall asleep all the time, the only time I listen to it while I slept was with The Tired Sounds Of...

It was a pretty amazing experience, in reality I was lying across two wooden chairs in my living room in the middle of the night with my headphones plugged into my laptop. In my dream I was doing the exact same thing (except it was daylight for some reason). But it was beautiful, except for this one part (which is what made me realize I was dreaming) where suddenly there was this jarring noise (not sure if I made it up or it's on the album) and I started freaking out thinking I was paralyzed because I couldn't pull out my headphones (later realizing it was because I was imagining myself pulling them out in a dream).

Still a great album.
>>
>>51663273
The war on drugs can suck my cock
>>
>>51656944
i sometimes start dreaming before im even out
sometimes i can even fully visualize dreams well before im even fully asleep

the only time ive ever put music on while i slept was while i worked overnights and lived with a couple who had lots of kids and my room was in the basement so if i didnt have something to drain out those little bastards i would wake up every 30 minutes and go to work all pissed off
>>
>>51656944
Listened to Suicide s/t album. Somewhere at Freddy's Teardrop I woke up with a cry.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.