[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever met a famous musician? How did it go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 20
Have you ever met a famous musician?

How did it go?
>>
>>51604693

bump
>>
I met Greg Saunier (the drummer from Deerhoof) and he was a pretty cool guy. He's super awkward and doesn't really seem comfortable talking to people but he was generally really cool and I count it as a positive experience.
>>
I've met and worked with guys that are like-famous. Not giving any names, but all great guys, even to a shitstain like me.
>>
>>51604693
i saw tyler the creator at the apple store, he looked depressed as fuck.

i saw vince staples hanging out with speak, vince just mad dogged me until i walked by.
>>
I saw Flying Lotus a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw FlyLo trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
Met a fair amount of metal bands, no one insanely famous, but guys that have music on spotify and tour the country. I know that doesn't mean much, but they were all cool.

Met John Ford Coley at a church in Nashville. Extremely nice guy, he held a door for me and we chatted for a good half hour.

Was within 5 feet of Blake Shelton at Gulf Coast Jam this year. Seems like a nice guy.
>>
File: 1383040099087.png (251 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1383040099087.png
251 KB, 500x500
i met phoenix, it was pretty awesome. i went to go see qotsa and nin a few nights after and saw them out the front of the venue
>>
>>51604693

I saw Jay Z at a Fat Burger in northern LA.

He was just walking in and I was outside walking to the car. He threw me a peace sign and I gave him a head nod. Seemed pretty cool out of that really quick "interaction".
>>
>>51605466
Is your name Paul?
>>
>>51605490

lol no
>>
>>51604693
I fist bumped mac demarco after a show and he seemed visually disgusted that I did it, after a few moments he said that he preferred a good old fashioned hand shake and then I kissed his cheek while taking a selfie with him.
>>
>>51604693
I met Andrew Lloyd Webber in 2007
Ted Neeley in 2004.

I met Danny Elfman way back in 1995
>>
Not really a story of myself meeting a musician but regardless.

>At Swans in LA last summer.
>Michael Gira hanging out in parking lot drinking an energy drink, smoking a cigarette, chatting with venue staff and bandmates.
>Some Mexican guy tries parking in that lot despite the fact it's closed and they have a chain blocking it off.
>He decides to go in anyways and gets the front of his car snagged in the chain.
>Michael Gira helps him get his car free all while giving him the most scornful look possible.

I would have gone and said hi to him if I wasn't so beta.
>>
File: DansGame.jpg~c200.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
DansGame.jpg~c200.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
I saw Claudio Sanchez the singer of Coheed and Cambria using a slot machine. I was too afraid to talk to him.
>>
>>51605305
ducktales
>>
File: me and some fat dude.jpg (129 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
me and some fat dude.jpg
129 KB, 1024x680
>>51604693
>>
i let mac demarco and his band dudes sleep at my house after a show one day and we all got really drunk and watched dragonball z it was cool
>>
>>51606333
dude, that sounds awesome
>>
File: 1409002754963.jpg (87 KB, 900x639) Image search: [Google]
1409002754963.jpg
87 KB, 900x639
Met julian koster twice. He even remembered me from the first time I met him.

Met panda bear after his show and shook his hand, signed my record too.
>>
I met Ben Folds and he was very nice
>>
I've met p4k famous artists if that counts.

the guys from Parquet Courts were super cool with me, I met the bass player and the guitarist Austin at the SF show and saw them the next day in LA and I saw them outside the venue and got talking to them for a little.

Met Sky Ferreira and small talked with her at a DIIV show, she was shy but cool.

Met Mac at one of his shows, he was walking around the crowd and I was the first to approach him, asked him to cover Limp Bizkit and he did it, cool guy but kinda smelled.

Met Courtney Barnett after her set at a festival. Literally one of the nicest musicians I have ever met. I was talking to her and her bass player for like 5 minutes about music and other shit they have coming up, they were just great.

Met Lee Speilman in LA, really nice and humble dude, only talked to him for a little.

Also at a recent Deafheaven show I saw George Clarke pass right in front of me and I said hi to him and he said hi back.
>>
>>51604693
Last summer I met Sufjan Stevens at a meet n' greet in Miami. It was in a pretty intimate little auditorium. At one point, he got the name of "A Short Reprise of Mary Todd" wrong.

So I stood up in my seat and corrected him.
>>
Taylor Swift stayed at a hotel I work at. I ended up seeing her in the hallway, and asked for an autograph. She was quite friendly and smelt nice.
I was tempted to jerk off in her room after she left.
>>
File: no.gif (874 KB, 400x171) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
874 KB, 400x171
>>51606680
>I was tempted to jerk off in her room after she left.
Oh anon
>>
>>51606713
She slept in that room. They hadn't changed the sheets yet, her bum and pussy had both been in that bed, it would smell like her sweat, and possibly other bodily fluids.
>implying you wouldn't
>>
File: bertrand.jpg (123 KB, 467x960) Image search: [Google]
bertrand.jpg
123 KB, 467x960
I met Bert from Chunk, No Captain Chunk!
Cool dude, doesn't know a ton of English though.
>>
I met the dillinger escape plan (-drummer) at Warped Tour 2010 in Toronto briefly at their merch table. I mentioned how they were rly good, not like shitty sum 41 that was playing at the moment and they thought that was awesome and signed "anon kill all posers dead forever" on my shoe because i had bought no merch for to be signed
>>
>>51606770
>>51606680
>passing on this opportunity

you dirty bitch
>>
I always see Dale Crover smoking before Melvins shows but I've never really talked to him aside from holding the door for him and being like "hell yea dale!" cause thats really all I need to say, I met bradford cox from deerhunter a few times and he was really nice, I've met Dan Deacon a few times and he was really nice, Aesop Rock is really nice, Tim and Eric are really tall, Killer Mike is really really nice and also extremely sweaty after shows, and the Lightning Bolt dudes are super nice
>>
>>51606847
and andrew wk is obviously the worlds best bro, and static x were real nice, tripp was kinda creepy, whichmakes sense as he is a rapist
>>
>>51606770
>wasting a once in a lifetime opportunity

what did she smell like?
and where do you work at to have this opportunity
>>
I sometimes picture myself in a moderately successful rock band and I always wonder what it would be like to be recognized in public.
I would want to be the nicest person to every fan who ever talked to me, because it would reflect positively on the rest of the band.
>>
Jeff Rosenstock, John Galm, Kitty, Sean Bonnette, and Mikey Erg are all really nice people.
>>
I awkwardly shook Dan the Automator's hand after a Deltron 3030 show about a month ago and asked if they were recording anything new. Apparently they are.

>>51606847
I saw the Melvins at a bar near where I live; Dale and Buzz were having a drink and chatting at a table when they started letting people in. I would have said hi but honestly had no idea what to say to them. They started getting harassed for photos and Buzz immediately retreated backstage.
>>
>>51606892
Not a lot, just really clean. It was pleasant.
Big hotel in Brisbane, she stayed here while touring Aus last year. She was a really nice girl, but also totally hot and I kinda regret not possibly finding out what her pussy smells like.
>>
File: 1402203434249.jpg (94 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1402203434249.jpg
94 KB, 960x960
jeff mangum and julian koster gave me an atomic wedgie and then table topped me

this is a picture directly preceding the event
>>
>>51606993
I am laughing.
>>
My hometown has a music fest every summer and I've been working it part-time for about five years now.. Mostly local groups and tribute bands, but a couple years back they got Blue Oyster Cult. Helped them set up, they all seem like nice guys. Also ran into John Darnielle a few months back during his book tour.
>>
I'm an intern at a recording studio and I met The Sugar Hill Gang and the band In Living Colour.

I also met Tracy Morgan there but he's not a musician
>>
>>51606993
kek
>>
I've met a lot of Portland bands like Portugal. The Man, Typhoon, Wild Ones, Radiation City, Hustle & Drone.
>>
File: 1416106751152.jpg (87 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1416106751152.jpg
87 KB, 640x640
>>51606993
I know that feel.
>>
>>51605265
IN THE APPLE STORE
SINK OR SWIM
>>
>>51606993
did you get to talk to jeff? whats he like around fans?
>>
I used to see Modest Mouse quite a lot back in the LCW days. Back then Isaac wasn't a fat fuck and he had these ridiculous sideburns. Usually after gigs a few of us fans would hang out with the band and just talk or whatever.

Anyway, one night after a gig we were all talking and Isaac said something about my shirt. It was a pink He-man shirt that I liked and he said something about it being faggy, like "What's with the faggy shirt?" or something. So I replied, "Well, what's with those faggy sideburns?" and then shit hit the fan. Everybody went silent and just stared at me. Isaac was seething but he didn't do anything. One of the guys, I think it was Dan, shook his head and I took the hint and excused myself.

For a while Modest Mouse didn't play anywhere, and I didn't go to any of their dates because I didn't want to face Isaac. Apparently took the sideburns thing too seriously and he swore he'll wreck my face in when we met. So I stayed away.

When I heard they were releasing Moon & Antarctica I thought fuck it, I still like these guys and I want to hear them play again, and I'm sure Isaac isn't such a bitch that he'll hold a grudge. So when I heard that they'll be in town again I went to their gig but I stayed near the back.

That's when I saw Isaac, all pudgy and shit, his faggy sideburns missing. To this day I like to think that I did that. I made Isaac Brock shave his sideburns.
>>
>>51607152
He just mumbled something about someone having recording him

He seemed drunk
>>
>>51606993
how tall is he?
>>
>>51607156
you done fucked up anon
>>
>>51605725
>he preferred a good old fashioned hand shake

ugh

that's not very goofy of him
>>
>>51607176
Jeff's a big guy.
>>
>>51607156
you should have worn the he-man shirt again
>>
>>51606993
Holy shit Jeff got old.

Julian might as well be Peter Pan, in that regard.
>>
>>51604693
You met gandamn style?
>>
I've met...

>Valerie June
She was pretty rude. She isn't even that popular but acted like she was better than the group I was with. We saw her out on the sidewalk before the show and just asked "are you Valerie June??" and all she said was "yes I am" and kept walking. She didn't even turn to look at us.

>Darby & Pete from The Antlers
I accidentally bought tickets for a show at a venue that was 21+, but they were super cool and let us stand outside and listen (you could still hear perfectly and even see them a little). The manager of the place felt so bad he brought the band out to meet us. They were super nice. it was pretty sweet.

>Sylvan Esso
Had a record signing after the show. Super nice people

>Andrew Bird
He was super shy & a little awkward, but he was still nice and took a picture with us. There was a woman with a kid who wanted to meet him by us, which is the reason he came over to where we were. He's got a soft spot for kids!

I had some good luck with meeting artists this summer!
>>
Michael Gira signed my CD, and said "Hey buddy" when I said hi at the merch table. Also met Jenny Hval at the same merch table.
>>
>>51605265
Ayy someone else on /mu/ that knows speak
>>
>>51607471
I also made awkward eye contact with Elias Ronnenfel from Iceage having a smoke outside the show
>>
TWIABP stayed in my apartment last night

they were all pretty cool, my roommate gave greg his nerf longsword
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
Met John Darnielle. He was a super rad guy
>>
>>51607595
are you from Bloomington IL or Springfield IL?
>>
>>51605137
Greg gave me two of his broken drum sticks one time, great guy
>>
>>51607666
normal, right off isu's campus
>>
>>51606993
except none of that happened and that picture isn't you it's from some make a wish foundation thing
also >4chan filename
>>
>>51606483
How did they treat you?
>>
I've met a bunch of indie/p4kcore artists, pretty much all of them were friendly:
Phil Elverum
Jeff Mangum
Julia Holter
Yo La Tengo
Deerhoof
Colin Stetson
Will Cullen Hart (OTC, CS)
John Fernandes (OTC, CS)
Kishi Bashi
Swans
The National
Future Islands
Titus Andronicus
Hundred Waters
Strand of Oaks
Thee Oh Sees
Cloud Nothings
The Men
Kid Koala
Son Lux
The War on Drugs
San Fermin
Mimicking Birds
Mark Eitzel
Nots
>>
Met the guys from this group called Thank You Scientist, they had opened for Coheed & Cambria. Good guys, their singles and album had just reached number one on some iTunes charts. Tried to stick around to meet Claudio afterwords but I think he was sick.

In a few months I'm seeing The Decemberists live. I want to knit a hat for Colin Meloy and give him a book so I can meet him - haven't decided between "The Great Influenza" about the Spanish Flu or "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. Both are fitting to his music.
>>
>>51607785
is Dylan Baldi a genuinely a nice guy?
>>
>>51607785

what were Future Islands like?
>>
I met and made sort of friends with Albini back in uni. Friends as in I get to meet a bunch of musicians I'd never expect to meet, but sort of in the sense that we don't talk much. Albini is actually much better at socializing than people would think but he always has shades of being superior to others and I always get the feeling he thinks he's the center of attention. Not in an arrogant way, just in a "I'm better than everyone" way, if that makes any sense.

I also in 2012 with some luck met a lot of late 80s and early 90s rappers, usually the political ones, like Chuck D (Carlton Riderhour), Paris (Oscar Jackson), and my best find, KRS-One (Lawrence Parker). They had war stories, shit they were willing to tell a scrawny white boy like me.
>>
>>51607723

Not the anon that you're replying to, but unless I might actually know you, we need to meet!

Well, until I'm back from break. We should go to Reverb or Waiting Room someday.
>>
>>51607816
Yeah he was cool. We're the same age and it was a hometown show (his parents were in the audience) and he just came off like a regular guy, very down to earth

>>51607854
Very humble, you could tell they loved what they were doing and were thrilled to have so many fans now. Sam, the frontman, was just walking around the venue floor after the show talking to anyone who approached him
>>
>>51607729
No shit
>>
>>51607991
Man you're lucky, didn't get to meet Dylan when I saw them. I feel like we'd be good buds
>>
>>51607113
big whoop. everyone in portland has. None of those bands are anything above average
>>
>>51608018
Was it at a normal venue or a festival set? I've seen them 3 times at normal club venues and they've always hung around after shows.
>>
HR from Bad Brains. He was really quiet and smelled like weed and BO. Called me "Sir".
Dave Mustaine. He sneered at me at stumbled away, drunk.
Corrosion of Conformity. Queensryche. Clutch. Ripper Owens. All super cool dudes.
John Joseph from Cro Mags. He was a douche.
Eye Hate God and Iron Reagan. Obnoxious, but fun.
Fintroll. They didn't speak too much English. Okay guys.
>>
I met Julian Koster and he's so nice and sweet. He's the human incarnation of Peter Pan
>>
>>51608092
normal venue. Did see the guys from Metz talking to guys but I didn't see them. They had done a set at a record store before and a signing and they were scheduled for 2 LA shows after the show I went too. Maybe they were too tired to meet fans
>>
>>
Met Lockett Pundt from Deerhunter once.
He's quiet, and honestly awkward as hell.

Also met Broken Social Scene once, they're the best people. I wish we could be friends.

Sort of met Finn Andrews from The Veils, but that was mostly just a selfie opportunity to make my friends who was sort of obsessed with him jealous.
>>
>>51608248
he was surprisingly short but very chill
>>
>>51608248
he seems like a really cool guy
>>
>>51607796

knit something for a musician? that's kind of adorable
>>
>>51608287
he seems like a solid dude. he bought my brother a jamba juice at the airport once also another time one of my friends also met him at the mall. he said that skrillex actually came up to him after he noticed him looking and said whats up. he said they talked for a few minutes and was just an all around cool guy.
>>
>>51607957
I am jammin to KRS as I am reading through this thread. That'd be fucking awesome to meet him. Hell yes.
>>
>>51608367
I mean he makes some terribad music but I feel like he's just a heart warming dude and really loves fans and the people who acknowledge him. He doesn't seem full of himself like Joel
>>
>>51608226
Ah yeah, that's a packed schedule. Well they tour all the time so you should have another chance
>>
I saw Foliage and Devin sucking each other off yesterday
>>
>>51607796
I'd go with the flu book. He's probably read "The Road".

I mean, hasn't every bearded white guy under 40?
>>
>>51608387
They came last month but it was a 21+ event so that really sucked but the thing that sucked even more is that they played a free show before that one.

Their free show was at UC Berkeley and I go to school right down the hill from UCB and the show was in mid-day during my Geography lecture. It was an unannounced thing so I was totally unaware of it until it was finished
>>
>>51608381
i agree.even if you dont like his music you just cant hate a guy who seems so genuinely appreciative of his success
>>
>>51606333
I'm jealous.
>>
>>51608419

Hahah, that's kind of funny. I guess most have.

Maybe I will go with the flu book and just ask about the other.
>>
Just recently met Joe D'Agostino from Cymbals Eat Guitars. He's really rad and we talked about Cap'N Jazz.

I've met Mike Kinsella several times actually. He lives in Wicker Park and I'm there every so often so I'll say hi. He's really down to earth. Funny guy. Also met him after Cap' N Jazz's show in Chicago back in like 2010.

Met the guys from Circa Survive. They're all rad people

Casey Crescenzo from The Dear Hunter is a pretty great guy.

Didn't really meet her, but I said hi to Annie Clark when she was in Milwaukee earlier this year.

Met all the dudes from Local Natives after they played a college show at Wheaton College. They're all great guys and we talked for a while about snow and stuff.

Talked to David Bazan after a show once and he was pretty rad to talk to. Hilarious dude and pretty insightful.
>>
>>51606201

Was she judging a wet t-shirt contest or something?
>>
My girlfriend actually met Dylan when she was in Italy. She was one of the few Americans there so she got to hang out with him briefly. She said he was pretty awkward, but very nice. I've got a signed record as a result! (she only knew about them because I mentioned it on a few occasions)
>>
never anyone ultra famous but ive talked to a lot of bands after shows and what not.

met dylan calrson a number of times, hes quite a cool guy. talked to Michael Gallagher from isis in a coffee shop. really friendly. talked to Greg Anderson from sunn a number of times. i brought up brotherhood and engine kid which he was quite amused at
>>
I met all of porcupine tree after a show. They were all pretty gracious and friendly. Richard was drunk, gavin was tired, colin and johnathan were happy to be there. SW was accommodating but seemed kind of no-nonsense and nervous around people.
>>
uhhhmm lets see

>Efrim Menuck
This year i saw gybe and when the concert ended i asked my friends to stay for a while watching them pack up. I didn't really expect anything because, if anyone here has seen them live, they're really distant.. i was just really awestruck. But after like 15 minutes and only me still there I noticed Efrim looking in my direction so i pointed him and asked "do you have a pick, Efrim? Thank you for the concert, it was absolutely surreal". He pointed at himself, somewhat puzzled, gave a really nice warm smile and went to grab a pick. He was on stage and i had a fence in front so he threw the pic but it fell on the grass right in front of the fence. He then made a really sad face and said "i'm sorry.." and i was like "OH DONT WORRY I WON'T LEAVE WITHOUT IT, ILL FIND A WAY". He then gave a little chuckle and waved me goodbye.

>Com Truise
the venue was super small and he was just chilling at the bar while the opening band was playng. I had to ask a friend of mine to ask him if we could take a photo. He was suuuper nice and chatted with us for a while telling us how he was loving Lisbon and really wanted to come back for holidays and talking about his mum who asked him for photos. When we tried taking a photo the first one was way too dark but we were like "oh.. its ok" but he was like "oh nonono" and grabbed his iphone and turned on the light so the photo was decent. super friendly guy.
>>
>>51609540
(cont.)

>The Dodos
Met both the vocalist and drummer, super nice guys, the drummer chatted a lot and asked about typical portuguese cuisine. got their autograph.

>Mac DeMarco
I dont even like him but he was watching Thee Oh Sees at the side of the stage and there was this guy constantly yelling for his attention. At the end of their concert when they were already packing he threw him a cigarette which i caught. he laughed and waved at me, i think he was making fun of the other guy for not getting the cigarette. I later gave it to guy bc he was sad.
>>
>>51609540
>OH DONT WORRY I WON'T LEAVE WITHOUT IT, ILL FIND A WAY
Did you get the pick?
>>
>>51609540
(cont.)

>God is an Astronaut
A month before the concert or something, they made a fb event for their concert here in Lisbon. I asked on the event if they were only going to play songs from their most recent album. I never got a reply but on the same day the drummer sent me a fb request (yes, im a girl), i added him later some weeks later (didn't recognize him at first). The day before the concert he asked me if i want to grab a drink before the concert, to which i agree. The venue is really close to my uni so i got there super early and we managed to talk for around two hours at an open-bar right next to the river. It was perfect: he paid me a cola, introduced me to all the members (i had already met Gazz before and he remembered me because back then he needed a pen to sign autographs and i lent him my hole pencil case). They highfived me, joked about my pencilcase (i had it with me again), and chitchatted - it was really nice.
During the concert I was right up front and i cried quite a lot because i was having a shit week and Jamie, the guitarist, noticed. So he pointed at me, at his lips, smiled and told me to smile. At the end of the concert the guys threw their picks but Jamie walked in my direction, brushed all the hands aside, grabbed both of my hands really tight and slid the pick in between them. He then gave a little kiss on my hand and waved me and the crowd goodbye. We talked some more and stuff after the concert. Jamie gave me a really nice hug and said he saw me crying and that i should smile "because i looked cute when i smiled" ;; To this day it's still the best concert i've been to. They're really spectacular people, super down to earth.

Pic related (jamie's the one in front of me)

Some artists are just fantastic people really
>>
File: nps.jpg (53 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
nps.jpg
53 KB, 625x417
>>51609610
yes! A friend dived while i grabbed his feet and gave it to me <3

>pic related (the setlist is midlake's)
>>
>>51609741
nice!
>>
> taking my lunch break at uni to a coffee shop, planning on getting a sandwich, a drink and whatever else
> go into the shop and there's a huge crowd of people
> "eh whatever"
> they're all huddled around one table so there's nobody in the queue so I go to order my stuff
> guy behind the counter asks "you know we've got Lauren Mayberry in today? She's so cool"
> "Who?"
> "Oh, you don't know her? She sings in a band called Churches but they replaced the U with a V, I'm such a big fan of theirs"
> "Okay"
> she must've overheard as she walks over to the counter and asks for a coffee and a sandwich
> "I hear you're a big fan, well if you give me the coffee for free I'll sign your shirt"
> guy agrees to it
> as she gathers her stuff, she sticks her nose at me and says "I hear you haven't heard of me, well I haven't heard of you. You must be nobody then"
> I tell her she's being rude and I didn't mean any offence just because I hadn't heard her music but inbetween her incessant interruptions with "Huh huh huh yeah yeah yeah huh huh what, what what?"
> "Huh? What? You're going to oppress me now? You're a filthy human being, you should leave now, we don't accept your kind around here"
> her crowd were yelling and cheering because of this
> I start to leave the shop confused as to what happened
> someone blows a whistle right into my ear and screams "do NOT oppress us!"
>>
Kimye Dawson - She was very nice and welcoming. I was exhausted at the time though, so I couldn't have made much of an impression.

Monte Cazazza - very sweet guy and extremely intelligent. Told me all about the Iran-Iraq war, seemed to know a lot about any subject that came up. A little introverted.

Jello Biafra - loud, smiley, cussed a lot, awkward

Richard Hell - very nice, thoughtful, insightful

Wynton Marsalis - disinterested, short answers, cordial
>>
>Bradford Cox
I've met him on a few occasions. Once at a grocery store, twice after shows. He's always very friendly and very talkative. He'll chat forever about anything.

>Panda Bear
Very quiet, slightly standoffish. Had no problem taking a picture with my friend though.
>>
I smoked pot with St. Vincent.
>>
>>51609860
I want to meet Bradford someday, I've seen Deerhunter and Atlas Sound before but never stuck around after the shows though

>>51609871
When?
>>
>>51609897
May this year.
>>
>>51609912
Nice
>>
>>51604693

The lead singer for TTNG was behind me for the entirety of And So I watched you from afars set. It was cool I guess. I said whats up and be both just started going ape shit for the show.
>>
>>51609871
My pure milky white waifu would NEVER smoke the devil's herb! You take that back!
>>
I met:
Bjork (funny story if someone wants me to say)
Hayley Williams (only for 10 seconds)
How To Dress Well
Mangum
Steve Albini
Sick Puppies (ex ex gf made me)
Eyes Set To Kill
Real Friends (ex gf made me)
The Wonder Years (ex gf made me)
Citizen (ex gf made me)
Wyclef Jean
Fantano (hes really pretentious)
Saint Pepsi (met him a couple of times, real nice guy)
Vektroid (a real weird cat)
Daniel Lopatin (coolest guy i met)
Earl Sweatshirt (Smoked with him)
Mac Demarco (Smoked with him)
>>
>>51609944
aaaaaaaaaaah ASIWYFA are so cool! TTNG too!
>>
>>51609948
Tell that Björk story plz
>>
>>51609948
>Fantano (hes really pretentious)
Any examples?
>>
>>51609990

Those guys are fucking stellar and TTNG was pretty good. Never heard of them until the concert @ the echoplex in LA. Mylets was playing as well.
>>
>>51610016
I saw Anthony Fantano at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
Not that famous but I met Kitty in the airport while we were walking directions. I said hi and took a picture with her, was pretty awkward.
>>
>>51610016
he told me that if i were an album, i'd only be a strong 5. but, that if i was around tonight he might show me his strong 10
>>
My cousin is Pete Wentz so yeah i've met him quite a few times you could say
>>
>>51610016
He once told me that he sometimes likes to give shitty albums strong scores and watch /mu/ argue like babies.
>>
I met Tycho
He's alright
>>
>>51609945
She made me promise there was no PCP or crack in it. It was cool.

Don't even trip though, dawg. Annie just likes to hang with guys a little more... fun. Better luck next time.
>>
File: alexg.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alexg.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
Not really famous but I met Alex G. He's a cool dude, pretty quiet. The whole band seemed nice
>>
>>51610010
>up by my local fishery, didnt know that Bjork was playing in my hometown but whatever
>was going to get some things when I notice out the corner of my eye
>fucking bjork is in there getting a sandwich
>didn't want to just go up to her, it would be weird
>she saw me looking at her so she comes up to me
>oshit.jpg
>"I never been in here before, what do you recommend I should get"
>I tell her to get the club sandwich
>She smiles, "thanks"
>I say that I know her and ask what she's doing here
>find out shes playing a show
>we end up bullshitting for five minutes about music, touring, etc.
She was very nice. I didn't go to her show but she is very interesting and cool.
10/10
>>
alright you guys this is a TRUE story. i was tripping acid at a flying lotus show and accidently unplugged his set twice. it was in dallas 2012 at manifestation celebration. there was a loose plug in the wall in the crowd and i told one of the dudes working and he stood on a chair in front of it. i then met flying lotus, shook his hand and he gave me a look that was like "ahhh i see you" and then i awkwardly followed him around until he left :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5DRKfvnAbk

at the beginning of this video you can see him messing with his cords cuz his shit got shut down by MY LEG!!
>>
I meet Dan Deacon and he signed my top gun record and added an S to the beginning and end of top gun to spell stop guns and drew faces on the people as well.

My gf has met Julian Koster twice and he remembered her the second time.
>>
>>51610258
Oh also the members of TWIABP&IANLATD, You Blew It! and Empire! Empire! (I was a lonely estate)>>51610258
>>
>>51610262
>I tell her to get the club sandwich

top fucking pleb
>>
No but I want to
>>
>>51610328
who do you want to meet?
>>
>>51610280
Ohhh I also met Ben and Sean (AJJ) this year. I gave them a drawing of each of them as garfield. I can't find any picture of the drawing though.
>>
>>51610258

Dude I'm a huuuuuge alex g fan, anyway you could elaborate on this a little more? I always thought he seemed quite awkward.

Only story I have is when I saw TTNG live a year ago, me and my friends got them stones outside the venue. All really nice dudes, the lead singer said he loved my jawbreaker shirt.
Smoked a dart with Mac demarco when I saw him last summer, he talked about how weird the Calgary scene is

Me and my friend got to interview Each Other for our radio station, reall nice dudes
>>
I met Devin Townsend a few weeks ago. I was wearing a Death Grips shirt and he asked about it. Cool guy, sorta awkward tho
>>
Met Josh Homme at Disneyland, he was with his family. I was beta af but eventually asked him a picture. He declined and offered a handshake, but he was very polite about it.
>>
>>51609823
fuck wynton marsalis. such a smug fucker
>>
>>51609948
tell us about meeting vektroid!!
>>
>>51609948
please tell me more about earl and mac
>>
>>51604693
I met Ty Segall once as well as J Tillman.
I once saw the singer of linkin park sitting outside of a cocos
>>
i met the band lust for youth briefly
the one who plays guitar was warm and sweet but the others were more aloof
>>
I met Thor from swans one time through my old violin teacher. A month later when I saw them he saw me and took the time to jump of the stage and say hi. Super duper nice guy.
>>
>>51606847
Did Aesop say anything that could have been taken as "pretentious"
>>
>>51610552
Yeah he was, I came up to him and told him the set was tight and all, and he just sorta said "Oh, yeah, thanks..." It was a house show so everyone was chilling there beforehand so I met all the other members, who were all real cool. We just drank beers and smoked cigs on the porch, except for Alex, who showed up pretty much 10-20 minutes before the set.
>>
>>51604693
>angry fans getting mad when you don't get greeted with a smile.
All artist should treat their fans like shit so they know not to expect anything
>>
>>51604693
I killed John Lennon.
>>
>>51610677
Did you post this on the QOTSA subreddit at some point?
>>
It's easy to meet people. It's not always easy to find things to say.

I've met everyone from QOTSA, Chevelle (Pete's a fucking dick), Dead Sara, Lee Rocker, Ewan Dobson, Michael League from Snarky Puppy, Young Fathers, Royal Blood, Tera Melos, Pinback, Vulfpeck, Kenny Segal, Clipping., Busdriver, and Thundercat.

Hoping to meet Jesse and Seb from DFA1979 when I see them this Wednesday. We shall see how that goes. If anyone wants any previous stories, feel free to ask.
>>
I met Laurel Halo at a club once, She was nice, kinda shy though, Just stopped by to say hi though so I didn't get a chance to say anything more.

I talked to Andy Stott a little bit. He's a nice guy, kind of an average kinda dude, Just talked about Boomkat & Compressors.

Mark Pritchard is probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met though. We talked about footwork and other stuff for ages until the security guard dragged him away.
>>
>>51611055
i'd like to meet mark pritchard or anyone from warp
>>
File: tegan_and_sara_dmlic32.jpg (86 KB, 620x775) Image search: [Google]
tegan_and_sara_dmlic32.jpg
86 KB, 620x775
>Tegan and Sara's latest album 'heartthrob' comes out
>Give it a tentative listen since I didn't like their last album
>Extremely impressed, fall in love
>Better than the con
>Look to see if they're touring in my area soon
>Find out they are touring in a city close to me, buy tickets
>Go to see them alone since I'm a lonely armyfag
>Weirded out slightly since the concert is mostly teenage girls and I'm in my early 20s and male
>Girls stare at me as I move to the front
>Easily the tallest person in the crowd
>Parents giving me weird looks
>Start to get nervous
>Tegan and Sara come on stage after opening acts and start playing
>Super excited
>All their shit is great, amazing concert
>They end their set and after a bit start doing autographs
>I run up to them and get in the gaggle of a line
>Getting closer, shitting pants with excitement
>Finally get up to Tegan (Sara is talking to someone)
>She looks at me strangely as I pass her my CD
>Tell her the show was amazing and I've been a fan for years
>Expect her to sign my copy and move on
>She says something in Sara's ear and Sara whips around
>Both stare at me
>Sweating bullets wondering wtf is happening
>Tegan says loudly "You know we're lesbians, RIGHT?"
>Literally the last thing I ever expected her to ask me
>I start stammering completely at a loss "Uh... yeah, why?"
>She shoves the CD back into my hands without signing it and moves on
>I get lost in the crowd hopeless
>dreams shattered
>go home

I don't get what I did wrong...
>>
>>51610972
how were the dudes from tera melos?
I thought about saying hey to them at one of their shows but I didn't want to bother them
>>
I met Chaka Khan in Times Square once. It turns out I have the same first name as her father.
>>
File: 20140918_113813.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20140918_113813.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>51611153
Dude, you totally should've. They're very nice, a bit weird (but I mean, what would you expect?). I talked with Nick about pedals and shit, asked them how the tour had been going and stuff like that. Didn't get to meet the drummer, but did get Nick and Nathan to sign my Patagonian Rats vinyl in their own unique ways (Nick just drew a silly caricature and Nathan traced out his name within the HAPPY on the cover). Pic related.

Oh yeah, and we gave some drunk girls a hard time. For whatever reason, they came up and said Nathan was ignoring them during the show or something, so Nathan was trying to sort things out, but after realizing how drunk they were, just started fucking with them. It was pretty funny.
>>
>>51611137
oh my god is this true?
>>
I met everyone from Joyce Manor and they were all nice and signed my shoe.
>>
>>51611245
Old pasta, friendo.
>>
>>51610320
>Not liking club sandwich

End yourself faggot
>>
I met Katy Perry she was really nice actually
>>
>>51605305
underrated post
>>
>>51607816
yeah, I met him after a show once. I was hanging out by the merch table and got him and his bassist to sign my poster, but their drummer had already gone backstage. I asked something like "hey is Jason gonna come back out?" and he said "I'll go grab him for you, no sweat"

really chill guy
>>
>>51611358
underrated faggot
>>
>>51611389
10/10 comeback wow
>>
>>51611392
How is that a comeback?
>>
File: yeeee.jpg (261 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
yeeee.jpg
261 KB, 2048x1152
Cibo Matto early this year, and Flying Lotus like 2 weeks ago. Both really nice people.

>>51611311
My sister saw her in the front stage area at Coachella during AnCo, said she was smoking and complaining about the music
>>
>>51610016
Fuck off fantano
>>
I work at a big music news site so I've met a whole lot of musicians.

Anyone from Elton John to Dan Deacon to Vampire Weekend to Tyler, The Creator. A really big range.

Anyone, 99% of the time it's been a good experience except for Michael of Passion Pit. We were sponsoring a show with them as headliners, so we needed a couple of signed CDs to give away to fans who had won a contest. They made a huge deal about it, they had their tour manager call their manager to allow the signing, then Michael flipped and broke the CDs and slammed their dressing room door.
>>
Met all The Antlers after a show one time and they were all super nice. Also met Nick Thorburn from the Unicorns before a show and he was super cool. Got to hug Travis Morrison from The Dismemberment Plan during Ice of Boston once as well.

I'm going to meet Ty Sygall soon because I'm friends with his cousin.
>>
>>51611520
why was he so upset?
>>
>>51611562

I later learnt he has bipolar issued and sometimes he flips, but still, it was a really bad experience
>>
>>51611407
how are you not a faggot
>>
>>51611588
I didn't make the "underrated faggot" post.
>>
Met Henry Rollins in October, he was really nice.
>>
>>51607796
I met Thank You Scientist on that same tour. It was really cool of them to hang out at the merch stand and meet fans. They were really stoked when I bought their vinyl for them to sign. Rad guys. They all lifted me in the air for a picture we took together. Talked to their Bass player and singer mostly. We shook hands before they left and I wished them a good tour.
>>
>>51611603
>not answering my question
>>
i went to a bright eyes show maybe 10 years ago, me and the girl i went with went up to conor oberst after the show and she asked if we could take a picture with him and kinda held up the digital camera, he said "sure," took it from her and just chucked it across the venue over people's heads and walked away. didn't hit anyone but it got smashed.
>>
>>51604693
I waiting on Sufjan Stevens last year. He ordered like 3 wheatgrass shots throughout the course of a 15 minute meal.
>>
>>51611741
Because all I've done is point out that >>51611389
wasn't a comeback. I don't see how I could be a faggot
>>
>>51611533
>Got to hug Trav during Ice of Boston
fuck you dude. i jerk off to that.
>>
>>51607785
>Yo La Tengo
damn, what a great band to meet
>>
I said Hi to one of the Lord Mantis guitarist before a show in a small bar venue once and he stringed his guitar at the table i was sitting at awkwardly.
>>
>>51607723
I go to ISU!!!
>>51607975
Hi!
>>
>>51611419
Aww cibo look so cute

And idk man, I saw her at starbucks she was really nice and said I was a cool ass barista lol
>>
>>51611755
>being this defensive
>>
>>51611954
How am I being defensive? I don't even have anything to defend myself against.
>>
I work in a music venue, I get to meet tons of bands, a lot of them will stick around and get drunk with the staff after we close. My favourite was Jesse from Eagles of Death Metal, he ended up coming in and hanging out a few nights in a row. I always volunteer to take the rider to the band room as well, usually get a few sneaky shots or joint passed to me and a quick chat in.
>>
>>51611978
>still replying
>>
>>51612089
You're just fucking with me now
>>
>>51612089
>>51612097
get a life
>>
File: download (13).jpg (7 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
7 KB, 224x224
i sold weed to slint
>>
I met Jonny Greenwood after his show in london with the LCO Soloists, I said thanks and shook his hand
>>
File: Jubilee2.jpg (35 KB, 823x475) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee2.jpg
35 KB, 823x475
Damon Albarn.
>South America
>carrying shit in the back stage
>Damon wanders around, lost in his thoughts
>call him with my most exaggerated British mocking skills
>"DIEMUHN!"
>he looks at me, a bit confused/interrupted
>"Thank you." is all I say
>he gives a sympathetic tired smile, lips only, and nods his head, kinda you're welcoming me
>I let the man be

I wouldn't be able to understand a single word of his accent anyway.
>>
>>51612097
>just now realizing this
>>
File: Costanza.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>51612120
>2013
>not devoting your life to the internet
>>
I have touched mac demarcos ass TWICE! Jelly, someone? Huh?
>>
>>51609711
cool story, 10 points
saw them in Amsterdam, didn't exchange 1 word with the audience, just played their set and left
>>
>>51609948
>>51610719
seconded
>>
yes i met lil b he hugged me and told me im special
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.