[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marilyn Manson thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
Thoughts on him?
>>
tryptich was great. golden age of grotesque gets an honorable mention. the rest was eh...
>>
Used to be good but then got old and started to suck. First two albums where the best I think.
>>
i refuse to listen to music made by someone who literally had ribs removed so he could suck his own dick
>>
spooky kids was good
>>
Everything up to an including Golden Age of Grotesque is great, but after his divorce he lost his edge. Now he just tries way too hard.
>>
>>51596499
This is a myth.
>>
>>51596448
pretty much this. i liked Eat Me Drink Me a bit
>>
>>51596554
prove it
>>
>>51596799
Prove it as a truth.
>>
>>51596426
He apparently raped Lana Del Ray
>>
>>51597109
He wasn't the rapist in the video, and all the clips of him were from music videos.
>>
>Thoughts on him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NIK3dzvj2M

what a whimp, that voice
>>
>>51597086
Burden of proof.
>>
he was actually my first concert ever, not really because i wanted to though. He has a couple of older songs that are okay i guess. i think his best is actually a more recent one (from.... 2008? idk) called Into The Fire. I haven't listened to him ever since the concert though, so like 6 years ago or something.

he seems like a cool dude tho
>>
He was very pretty in the 90s.
>>
>>51597498
what video
>>
>>51597639
The Lana Del Ray video, it seemed acted out, but all of the videos have been taken down.
>>
>>51597715
>>51597639
>>51597602
>>51597593
>>51597529
>>51597498
>>51597109
>>51597086
>>51596590
>>51596554
>>51596513

What do you think the new album will be like?
>>
I wanna know how to get into marlyin manson. favorite song is get your gun, don't know where to go from there.
>>
>>51598451
Anti Christ superstar is clearly the next step, it's his master piece
>>
>>51597529
surely lies on the one who started this by claiming that.
>>
>>51597845

The single wasn't terrible, probably the best thing he's done in a while. As for the album, I don't know man.

>>51598451

Since Get Your Gunn is your favorite, I'm assuming you've heard the first album. After that there's not really much in the discography that sounds like Get Your Gunn or anything else from the debut mostly because that was Daisy Berkowitz' influence and they decided to go a different direction and he quit.

So basically if you're okay with something harder, listen to Antichrist Superstar and Holy Wood. If you're okay with pop/glam rock, listen to Mechanical Animals, which is his best album imo. Or you could listen to all three, they're not the hardest to get through. Golden Age of Grotesque is okay but it's also pretty much the point where you can tell he's running out of ideas. Don't bother with anything else.
>>
>>51597529
>Burden of proof.
Do you even know what that means?
>>
>>51597526
that was beautiful
>>
>>51596426
He's a smart guy who made a few listenable songs, but for the most part his music is theatrical, gimmicky garbage.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.