[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>concerts >poor acoustics >crowd noise >shit tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Unknown.jpg (9 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
9 KB, 260x194
>concerts

>poor acoustics
>crowd noise
>shit tier versions of songs
>Numerous fuckups per song
>People singing along with lighters and shit
>implying a well produced hi quality studio recording will ever not be superior
>muh jam bands
>muh atmosphere

Why /mu/, why?
>>
fuck off
>>
>>51553494
maybe stop going to area rock shows
>>
>>51553505
Phish fan detected
>>
>>51553519
>implying the sound in >muh intimate setting is better
>>
I don't know about you, but I love meeting and talking to new people that share interests with me. I also love meeting the band and experiencing the music with everybody there. Also, some bands sound better live than on a record (San Fermin)
>>
>>51553494
thats what you get for liking shitty musicians.
>>
>>51553567
>muh backstage pass
>muh normalfag social experience
>>
>>51553494
Maybe you should listen to bands that can actually play their instruments.
>>
>>51553505
>>51553519
>>51553567
>>51553599
Maybe your ear is just tin as fuck and you can't hear the difference. Audiophile pass revoked.
>>
>poor acoustics

Every concert I've ever been to, no matter how big, cranked the volume up to the fucking maximum. Feeling the bass rumble in your intestines is awesome.
>>
>>51553583
>I'm gonna make a thread asking why people go to concerts and then shrug off every reason they give with the "muh x" template. This is a good idea and will contribute to the overall quality of the board.

literally off youself you fucking cancer
>>
>>51553541
most of the time it is....?
>>
>>51553642
>bass
>maximum volume
Filthy casual
>>
>>51553654

Stop spouting memes OP. You're embarrassing.
>>
>>51553647
>complaining about argumentation quality
>not responding to the points
Good job.
>>
>>51553654
dude just shut up lmao
>>
>>51553691
surprised you need an explination but

its way easier to make a small room that was DESIGNED for live performance sound good than it is a 100k stadium designed for football
>>
>>51553541
>>51553583
>>51553620
>>51553654
Wow OP look how many cool individual people who definitely aren't you are agreeing with your awesome opinions!
>>
>poor acoustics
Some venues yeah, but not all
>crowd noise
Maybe if you go to shitty arena shows, every show with 40-200 people has been super respectful and quiet most of the time
That's your fault for seeing shitty bands
Never happens
>People singing along with lighters and shit
Literally no show I've been to has had this happen
>>
>>51553725
Obviously, the comparison was to a professionally produced CD, not your precious intimate venue where you and the rest of the backstage passes get close enough for the musicians to breath on you.

I'm surprised /mu/ needs to be told this.
>>
>>51553767
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>51553782
>>>/reddit/
>>>/b/
>>
>>51553767
You're attempting to counter snobbery with snobbery. Not very well done.
>>
>>51553768
lol, what? have you ever been to a show before?

of course a CD sounds better, but they're different experiences.

and also most bands aren't fucking high level rock star musicians. i don't even know when the last time i was at a show with "backstage passes" was. most good shows are at clubs and you can get up front if you want. the bands usually hang out too.
>>
>>51553494
I understand why people would go to concerts, but for the love of fuck, can somebody please explain the appeal of live albums? From the weird acoustic balance to the crowd screaming or clapping, it just pisses me off whenever I come across one.
>>
>>51553494
Just went to a concert last Wednesday.

>acoustics were amazing, could hear everything perfect
>couldn't hear crowd over amazing bands
>all songs sounded amazing although i didnt care for twiabps tempo changing
>zero fuckups
>couldnt hear crowd over band
>its not really about the sound, its about the experience
>what the fuck is a jam band
>atmosphere was off the charts
>>
>>51553768

What the fuck are you even on about?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.