[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw lurking this board >I used to think i knew a lot of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Feelsbadman.png (96 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
Feelsbadman.png
96 KB, 332x333
>tfw lurking this board
>I used to think i knew a lot of music
>realize i know nothing compared to you guys
>spend hours listening , and writing down names of bands and albums I've never heard before
H-how do you guys find all this stuff ?
could anyone post what they're listening to right now
>>
Are you fucking kidding me? /mu/ doesn't know shit, everyone talks about the same ~50 bands day in and day out. That's why we call it /mu/core. The people who have unique, obscure tastes usually become tripfags or get well-known somehow, usually through RYM.
>>
I'm guessing most of us are like 22-24 and have been actively downloading/looking for music since at least age 16 so that's like 8 years for a 24 year old.

It just happened very naturally. You like one album, you see what the artists in that band were influenced by, you listen to those albums, you see who they were influenced by, you see what albums are commonly recommended by fans of that band, etc. etc.
>>
Combination of stuff I've seen on here, scouring last.fm and RYM, and recs from people I know.

I'm actually trying to figure out what to listen to next right now. Was listening to St. Vincent before that.
>>
I listen to Lorde, does /mu/ hate Lorde? I think this song Glory and Gore is kind of catchy.
>>
You can't possibly know every band that exists. You shouldn't feel bad because you don't know as much music as however many people who post on this board. Yeah, the same stuff is talked about a lot but there are lesser known/talked about bands talked about occasionally.
>>
I came here and even with mental blocks i fit in fine.
/mu/cores all u need bruh
>>
>>51519240
Tuneyards is a great stepping stone from St Vincent.

As for me, I have just been listening to music for a little over 11 years, and my collection has been growing pretty steadily since I started. I find my music just like most people on here, using a combination of last.fm, p4k, rolling stones, and general word of mouth from people on /mu/
>>
>>51519384
Yeah i know anon . I just have this impulse where i spend hours searching for new music , and trying to create my own stuff . maybe it's just because I'm lonely , and it takes my mind off it .
>>
>>51519445
Yeah, Tune Yards is pretty cool. I'm not really sure why they're supposed to be so similar to St. Vincent though but they're always in similar artist lists and stuff.

Listening to Jens Lekman right now. I love the whole chamber pop deal.
>>
>>51519457
You just described all of /mu/.
We are all lonely together.
>>
i was pretty depressed throughout high school, spent every day listening to music, downloading new music, finding blogspots, etc.

started coming to /mu/ in 10th grade, built up my collection that way.

now i'm 20 and know an absurd amount about music and it doesn't matter because i lack the social development that my peers experienced throughout their entire lives.

consider yourself lucky.
>>
>tfw you've dedicated years to listening to music and finding new artists and genres
>tfw the amount of music you're knowledgable about would be a pixel compared to the amount of music out there
>>
>>51519445
>likes tuneyards and st vincent
yeah, definitely kill urself m80
>>
you just manage to remember names of bands/artists/albums/songs passively by seeing them enough

lurk more
>>
>>51519176
>H-how do you guys find all this stuff?
listening to other people that have more than a mild interest in music. some of /mu/ included.
lyric threads are my favourite way of finding music I think i'll like
>>
>>51519558
>doesn't like Tune Yards and St. Vincent
You first
>>
>>51519558
What's wrong with tune yards? What music do you like? What are you listening to that's so much more worthy of living to listen to?

Legitimately curious. Let's hear your response.
>>
>>51519176
/mu/ is not one person, you're reading the collective wealth of our knowledge and trying to catch up. Won't happen.
>>
>>51519571
I'll continue to lurk anon don't worry
>>
>>51519589
no spoonfeeding pls
>>
>>51519630
no being a huge tripfaggot pls

Let's see your 3x3. What are you listening to?

>kek he's scared of the ridicule for his shit music tastes after making fun of someone else
>>
>>51519655
u can have my chart bb
>>
File: 1406276156971.jpg (254 KB, 640x450) Image search: [Google]
1406276156971.jpg
254 KB, 640x450
>>51519176
1.Lurk here. RYM and What
2. Build Collection
3.?
4.Profit
>>
File: Radiohead.jpg (58 KB, 403x337) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.jpg
58 KB, 403x337
>>51519684
>>
i grew up in the ghetto and was very poor, i had one or two cd's i've bought once a month and initially started out listening to metal and black sabbath and then slowly left it for entry level black metal.. over the years i appreciate most music. it just takes an open mind, and i guess having little to no friends at a very early age, don't worry about it
>>
>>51519680
>Peter Evans
>noodle-all-over-the-place-shit-jazzcore
>kek

>Stara Rzeka
>Polish Grizzly Bear + drone-y post rock core
>kek

>Mike Weis
>Shitty industrial drone a-musical bullshit
>kek

>Growing
>More over-hyped drone shit
>kek

So when you found this chart on /mu/ last week, did you just go spotify everything all at once or did you actually spend money on these shit albums? Do you always just try to find what's obscure and hipster and plug in to that?
>>
>>51519746
yes to each question
>>
>go on mu
>never ending k pop threads
>ironic taylor swift threads
>that one fag who makes the p4k countdown threads
>white people pretending to be black and thinking that chief keef or any of that dumb nigger shit is good

Mu makes me depressed and angry, im thinking of making /tv/ my main board now,at least they make me laugh still
>>
>>51519769
>thinking you're better than everyone else here

please go hang with the pedos at /tv/ where you belong
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.