[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit this is fucking amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (288 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288 KB, 960x960
Holy shit this is fucking amazing
>>
Yeah, it's one of the most interesting hip-hop albums to come out this year. The last half of the album where the songs get stripped down to just off-kilter percussion is so good.
>>
Story 2 is fucking unreal, seriously some of the best use of rap lyrics to tell a story I've heard.

Gangsta Boo seriously lucked out on being featured on two of the best rap albums of the year.
>>
>>51458463
>>51458515
no
it's not
>>
Yeah. It's super good. For a while I didn't like it nearly as much as midcity because I didn't think it was as abrasive and I thought the beats on midcity were better. Apart from a few exceptions I do still prefer the beats on midcity, but I think CLPPNG works really well conceptually, and Daveed is probably a lot better on it.

>>51458661
Why not?
>>
>>51458661

Argue why.

Other people have argued why they think it's good, you haven't given an argument against it.

As of right now, they're winning.
>>
Where do I go if I've listened to and loved clipping. Shabazz Palaces and Death Grips?
>>
>>51458463
CLPPNG and Noir have the highest spots on my list for HHAOTY Contenders
>>
>>51458463
>>51458515
>>51458641
CLPPNG is so mediocre and poppy, it's a HUGE step down from midcity.
>>
>>51458829
Try out the new Ratking
>>
>>51458463

It's shit. 5.6 on p4k, get the fuck outta here
>>
>>51458829
Death Grips
Cities Aviv
Young Fathers
Man Bites Dog
Chimurenga Renaissance
Ratking
>>
>>51458926
Because p4k is the only opinion that matters, right?
>>
>>51458829
Techno Animal-Brotherhood of the Bomb
>>
>>51458829
cLOUDDEAD
Deep Puddle Dynamics
Young Fathers
Maybe Busdriver and Open Mike Eagle
>>
>>51458926
oh yeah well strong 9 fantanoland so ha
>>
>>51458957
>>51459034
These. Also Subtle/Themselves/13 & God also if you like cLOUDDEAD.
Maybe more Anticon stuff at some point.
>>
>>51458463
bullshit gimmicky records general ??
>>
>>51459106
>not posting To Be Kind
ya blew it kid
>>
>>51458876
>poppy
what album were you listening to?
>>
>>51459034
>>51458892
>>51458957
>>51458992

THANK YOU
I'll check them all out in the coming weeks. Also follow up question, is there an official genre for these or is it just called experimental hip hop?
>>
>>51459195
CLPPNG
>>
something they don't know is prob my hip hop track OTY
>>
>>51459225
rhetorical
>>
>>51459217
Im pretty hesitant to call man bites dog and death grips hip hop but for the most part all these artist have a hip hop sound going to them so yeah id go with experimental hip hop
>>
>>51459230
my nigga! i was about to post it in here as well

i think the two albums are good, but i like this track way more
>>
>>51459230
It's pretty cool. Glad Benedick is finally getting some hype.
>>
>>51458463
It's got some amazing tracks on it, some of the stuff they do with the samples is really interesting, but after a while I got bored of it and didn't like it much. His rapping doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the table imo so I got bored pretty quick, but Story 2 is one of the best songs I've heard all year, it can really bring a tear to my eye when I hear "Why won't you just let me die, why won't you just let me die"
>>
>>51459217
I'd call most of them experimental Hip Hop, but some of Death Grips work isn't really hip hop
>>
>>51459510
Really? I think Daveed has one of the better flows in hip-hop right now and his rhymes are pretty good. Perhaps not groundbreaking, but he has a lot of technical skill.
>>
>>51459577
He definitely has a style and he articulates his verses well but I guess it just comes down to preference and for me it just gets old. Can you give me an example of his technical skills?
>>
>>51458661
well i mean that is your opinion man.
i think its pretty good
>>
Amazing is an overstatement. Good is a more appropriate term I'd say.

Work Work has a sick chorus
>>
>>51458957
>Cities Aviv
>Rat King
My nigga

Come To Life is my AOTY, fuck I love Cities Aviv so much
>>
>>51459577
>technical skill
He can rap fast, which sounds impressive if you haven't listened to a lot of hip-hop. But his voice is pretty bland and his flow not that entertaining.
>>
>>51460085
It was my AOTY as well until i heard the Man Bites Dog album
>>
>>51460254
Which artist? I'm interested now
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.