[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
intelligent dance party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 274x184
i want to throw an intelligent dance party for everyone in my university's STEM department. so far i have stuff like

aphex twin
actress
four tet
boards of canada
plaid
flying lotus
clark

will a bunch of STEM kids dance to this stuff? trying to make friends. we can't party for too long because everyone has to study tomorrow.
>>
Count Basie.
>>
>intelligent dance party
How about you stop being a pretentious fuck?
>>
Venetian Snares
>>
Anything played by Adult Swim before/after commercials
>>
>>51239868
sorry we're smarter than you pleb

maybe you can go dance to daft punk while you work at walmart
>>
no one will dance to that stuff because its shitty music to dance to
why do i feel this thread was made by a drama major trying to make people doing STEM seem pretentious?
>>
thanks for the laugh OP
>>
>>51239945
Le nice post
>>
Sexy sushi and meth
Thank me later
>>
>>51239840
Autechre - Tri repetae
>>
>>51239965

I wouldn't be surprised if this person manage to get to the point of being a college dropout at some point in their life.
>>
>>51239840
I saw a video on YouTube of people dancing to Kettel at a small club thing, so sure.
>>
>>51239945
Holy fuck

You are an asshole, you don't even know it

Or this is pretty good bait
>>
>>51240569
im the op it's just bait.

here's a fun game. find the danciest song from each of the artists listed
>>
>STEM
fucking dropped, nerds
>>
>>51240744
>Not studying STEM
Nothing has been dropped this hard since the incident with your resume and the trash can
>>
>>51239840
Are you in STEM yourself? Because I'm in engineering and I have to tell you, for people who are good at maths and physics, there are a fuck ton of morons and normalfags

(ps look at ma captcha)
>>
>>51240901
Physics major here. I'm only a sophomore and all of the normalshits are switching into MechE. Engineering is pleb central especially mechE and ECE
>>
>>51239945
BTFO
>>
>tfw math and CS double major
>tfw have a radio show at uni that plays IDM
Feels superior
Jega while I'm doing babby's first proof
>>
>>51240956
Really? Where I am engineering is the elite and the science students are looked down on. Every single science student I have met has a bitter hatred towards engineering, I would say 80% of them are angry because they didn't get accepted (engineering is at least 2x more difficult to get into here).

Also I'm probably going into mechanical because I don't have high enough GPA to get into EngSci
>>
>tfw political science major
Our idea of fun is making fun of Anarchism
>>
>>51240642
Donkey Rhubarb
Dunno
Plastic People
Nlogax
Dett
Parisian Goldfish
Rainbow Voodoo
>>
>>51241114
Actual decent degree here
Our idea of fun is making fun of political science majors because they think they're intelligent
>>
>>51241080
The only people I know that really hate engineering want to do meche since the coursework is easier, but they don't have the grades to transfer.
>>
>>51239840
hahahahaha do you really think that those nerds will like that kind of music?

I studied engineering for three years and I can tell you that STEM people are the most boring plebs there are.
They listen to meme music like ylvis and the lonely island, dadrock, nightcore and shit metal.
A lot of them don't even listen to music at all because 'it's just sound and it does nothing for me'

good luck OP
>>
>>51241073
>has radio station
>plays worst genre exclusively

I bet you don't even play Gentoo and Scuba either.
>>
>>51241073
>Listening to the goddamn radio
Get off the computer, grandpa
>>
>>51239840
So you're misunderstanding one really crucial thing:

At parties people just want to get turnt. They don't care about your Aphex Twin's crazy drill n' bass or Actress' amazing fusion of traditional techno and IDM or Boards of Canada's lush, warm syths.

They just care about a steady beat in 4/4 and a nice voice singing, or a black guy's voice in time with the music. Even if they're STEM majors.

And if this is b8, it's subtle and I respect that.

Plaid sucks btw
>>
>>51241073
I'm gonna try and get the 2-4AM slot on Sunday mornings and do a prog show, only playing 10 minute + songs

No one will listen but who cares it will be a laff
>>
>>51241114
Finance major here. Our idea of fun is drinking during the day and being tipsy in shitty management classes.
>>
It's amazing that you have STEM majors at your school willing to do anything.

The ones in my school are joyless foreigners.
>>
Wondering if I should go back to school to do TEFL, Production Assistance (film faggotry) or something more plausible.

Hmmm..
>>
>>51241821
If you're going to waste your money at school you might as well do something worthwhile. I will never understand people who do fucking music performance degrees, when they could just join a bunch of bands and get lessons for a quarter of the price
>>
You do realize only dudes are gonna show up right
>>
>>51241073
>>51241382
I'm a DJ trainee and I'm gonna have a show next semester. I've been kind of playing a large variety this semester, probably gonna do the same thing next semester.

Also am engineering major, lots of normalfags here but lots of people with good taste, too. Especially people at the radio station.
>>
>>51242054
>implying op isn't a fag
>>
>>51240744
Have fun with your liberal arts degree
>>
>>51241904
Classical music requires a higher degree of skill than popular music genres.
>>
>>51242054
>Implying those obnoxious, overly-extroverted, anime obsessed girls won't show up
>>
>>51241904
You can make a decent amount of money with music performance if you're good enough for an orchestra. And on the side you can charge out the ass for lessons
>>
>>51242082
>being attracted to obnoxious, overly-extroverted, anime obsessed girls
>>
>>51242276
see >>51242075
>>
>>51242177
I know a friend who's in an orchestra he gets shit all for it
>>
File: igorrr4.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
igorrr4.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1080
>>51239840
Autechre
Venetian Snares
and for some really good shit;
Igorrr
>>
I wish I was smart and motivated enough for STEM shit. I'm pretty much doomed to be poor forever because I'm just not into it.
>>
>>51241255
I've installed Gentoo

>>51241272
Uni radios can be pretty nice when they're not exclusively playing pitchforkcore
>>51241382
>>51242070
I got it at 10pm to midnight on friday
I'm also going to have 8 to 10pm now for a juke and footwork show
>>
>>51242656
It's never too late
Or go to /biz/ and investopedia and learn how to invest
I'm doing math for finance shit
>>
how the fuck is Actress party music?
how the fuck is Actress "intelligent"?
how the fuck is FlyLo "intelligent"?
die please
>>
Cfern by Autechre is the perfect choice.
If you don't believe me, here is a tutorial made by some veterans on how to dance to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiVmPXNzdM
>>
>>51244949
>Avant-Math God
I'm a bit sad that I didn't think of this name
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.