[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Label Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: FoolsGold.jpg (223 KB, 843x660) Image search: [Google]
FoolsGold.jpg
223 KB, 843x660
I never see these kinds of threads so POST EM

>What labels do you follow?
>What's your favorite label?
>What genres does your favorite label cater to?
>Post one song from an artist you like from that label. Cant be from a well known artist.
Fools Gold, 4AD, Last Gang Records

Fools Gold

Hip Hop, Electronic, Acid House,

>Post one song from an artist you like from that label. Cant be from a well known artist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvONDz9sOLE
>>
File: Exit-Records logo.jpg (13 KB, 550x529) Image search: [Google]
Exit-Records logo.jpg
13 KB, 550x529
>Fool's Gold
>Acid House
seriously?
>>
File: tzadiklogo_big.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tzadiklogo_big.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>
exit
delsin
pies
>>
i dont follow labels, i just listen to music, stop making these thread numb nuts, i wonder what label you work for.
>>
anticon
>>
>>50836285
>i dont follow labels, i just listen to music
out of curiosity, where do you discover new music?
>>
>>50836126
You seem dumb. Decent thread topic though.

Orchid Tapes, BNR, Astro Nautico, Fade to Mind / Nightslugs, Anjunabeats, Sound Pelligrino, Sub Pop, Burger Records, In the Red, Warp, Astralwerks, Turbo, White Material, Main Course
>>
>>50836299
sharethreads and making threads begging everyday exclusively
>>
>>50836324
I seem dumb? The fuck man?
>>
>>50836126
Ive tried to start threads like this but it always ends up going by the wayside. However, I will contribute since I wish there was more of this!

>Pan, Hospital Productions, Blackest Ever Black, Digitalis, Type, The Death of Rave, Modern Love, History Always Favors the Winners, Sonic Pieces, Boomkat Editions (thats some off the top of my head)
>Pan is my favorite as I feel they are the most consistent and have good quality control (though I have been missing those PVC outer sleeves as of late)
>Pan caters to musique concrete/electronic and have been releasing some outsider house of the past 2 years
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baQqp0rB0sA
>>
>>50836285
labels are generally more important than the music
>>
File: clone records.jpg (8 KB, 325x295) Image search: [Google]
clone records.jpg
8 KB, 325x295
>>50836329
ebin
>>
>>50836126
BrainFeeder. Fools Gold Comes in second. Then Savage Squad Records or Def Jam
>>
LuckyMe, Software, Apothecary Compositions, Secret Songs, Astro Nautico, Saturate!, Ultramajic, Orchid Tapes, Captured Tracks, Carpark, True Panther Sounds, Fat Possum, Domino, Slumberland, etc.

Most other labels are pretty hit-and-miss for me, but these labels consistently put out stuff that I really enjoy
>>
>>50836485
whoops, forgot Ghostly International and Planet Mu
>>
What are some good US black metal labels?
>>
>>50836534
Dominick Fernow's Hospital Productions...and theres two sides: the BM side and the Electronic Side...make sure you're looking at the BM since you may not like the electronic side lol

and not necessarily BM, but Southern Lord puts out a lot of really good metal...mostly doom type shit. They released the definitive version of Sleep's "dopesmoker' last year...release a lot of Earth, and is owned and run by a member of Sunn O))))
>>
>>50836324
ugh, i live where the burger scene is and it's hell. few of these bands make anything interesting and their shows are overrun with underage boys and girls trying to fuck one another.

some of the guys that actually work at burger records are nice though, and cosmonauts are a great band even if they're all assholes.
>>
>>50836593
Yeah I went to the last burgerama and the crowd was a lil annoying. I love the label though.
>>
>>50836534
>black metal
>metal
>>
>>50836285
>I get all my music from Pitchfork, Fantano and 4chan rec threads

le plen face
>>
Fucking heaps. The Flenser, Southern Lord, Editions MEGO/Ideologic Organ, Art As Catharsis, Profound Lore, Enemies List Home Recordings, 20 Buck Spin, Hospital Productions, Robotic Empire, Gilead Media, Roadburn Records, Sargent House, Pesanta Urfolk, Aurora Borealis, Eternal Warfare, Black Bow Records, Not Just Religious Music, Hydrahead, Crucial Blast, Relapse Records (kinda, they're like the JB HiFi of metal labels), Daymare Recordings, Doomentia, Ectopic Ents, Kranky, Latitudes, Neurot Recordings, Alerta Antifascista,

Southern Lord has the largest share in my collection for sure, but my favourite is The Flenser. I fucking love what those guys are doing so much.

Experimental metal/noise etc. The repress of Deathconsciousness, White Suns, Wreck & Reference, the new Kayo Dot, Planning for Burial, Botanist... Fucking killer catalog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQqA4nLf61s
>>
>>50837954
I dont watch a movie and say Man i wonder what production company made this.
Fuck off you fucking label shill fag
>>
Warp, Equal Vision, Topshelf, Dream Catalogue, Orchid Tapes, Business Casual, Epitaph, Fools Gold is okay, Doghouse,

Equal Vision is my favorite, they put out my AOTY.

They do noise rock, post hardcore, shoegaze, etc.

Here's my AOTY
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0n1sjqj356g
>>
>>50838101
Are you really that fucking stupid you don't realise most labels sign artists with a similar style and sound and for music, its one of the best ways to explore new artists, or do you only listen to what reviewers give an +8/10?
>>
File: SPARKWOOD.jpg (138 KB, 1500x811) Image search: [Google]
SPARKWOOD.jpg
138 KB, 1500x811
sparkwood records (http://www.sparkwoodrecords.com/)

ambient/dark edgebient/twinpeakscore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcmL_F75juQ&list=PLI0tqQVG8CvOdvlhAZnclfeo8cbCanhWF
>>
I'm fond of Far Out Recordings, they have some good Brazilian electronic and hip-hop shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.