[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for depressive, moody, pessimistic music that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 7uMCcef.png (756 KB, 1379x916) Image search: [Google]
7uMCcef.png
756 KB, 1379x916
I'm looking for depressive, moody, pessimistic music that expresses that life is worthless. Music that has a strong why-should-I-give-a-fuck attitude? Loud rock and metal seem to be the most typical outlets for this kind of music, but if someone knows something a little more novelty that would be great. Something that tries to stomp optimism and cheer would be great.
>>
Giles Corey - s/t
Just what you are looking for, dark folk about history and suicide
also Dan's more famous project, Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
>>
File: 182310_900[1].jpg (82 KB, 640x442) Image search: [Google]
182310_900[1].jpg
82 KB, 640x442
by the way that image was cropped by kikes, the soldiers are defending them.
>>
>>50714521
>Giles Corey - s/t
>Just what you are looking for, dark folk about history and suicide
>also Dan's more famous project, Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
you are such a fucking basic /mu/ bitch. do you REALLY FUCKING THINK SOMEONE ON /MU/ DOESN'T KNOW THESE BANDS?
>>
>>50714534
Usually they know but not always
i have been here for a pretty long time but i haven't listened to that many essentials
>>
>>50714523
>by the way that image was cropped by kikes, the soldiers are defending them.
I didn't know. I will not use this image anymore.
>>
>>50714501
If you're up for how confronting the music is, listen to Vorkuta by Gulaggh
>>
>>50714523
defending who from what exactly
>>
File: Cover.jpg (97 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
97 KB, 700x700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-ooU0gQ_g
>>
>>50714581
from jewish ninja paratrooper cavalry
>>
>>50714521
kill yourself
>>
>>50714534
Why so mad?
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ-bu4dHV6k
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALMHkLRQT0k
>>
red house painters
>>
>>50714501
OP life is worth living and meaningful, and humans have goodness in them. don't wallow in pessimism :)
>>
>>50714729
If life was worth living and had any positive intrinsic value, we wouldn't experience things like this; the mere act of existing would be enough to satisfy us.
>>
>>50714713
half of red house painters songs are very hopeful and uplifting. this is one of the reasons they're not my favorite slowcore band. if all their songs sounded like medicine bottle, 24, katy song, or michel (which was a combination of extremely sad and uplifting) then i would like them more.
>>
File: Drinkingsongs.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Drinkingsongs.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>50714501
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWc_iEWDdfw

>And thanks for branding me a failure
>And for destroying what joy I had
>The mantles cracked
>And turning black
>I found out I'm not the man
>That I fucking think I am
>>
>>50714792
just when u think their songs are uplifting they aren't

sorry
>>
Have a nice life - deathconsciousness
Or the song Unrequited by Deathhaven

Yeah, I'm fresh out of ideas.
>>
>>50714798
Came into this thread planning to post this, it's exactly what you want

>And the craters remain from the last time you came
>And seemingly our only crime was wrong place, wrong time
>And that's why we die
>Decisions were made by some corporate ingrates
>Put a price on all of our lives, happens all the time
>And that's why we die
>>
>>50714729
This kind of optimism isn't logical. It's just that our society values putting on a happy face. Anyone who isn't blind can see the way that when someone expresses hatred, discontent, hopelessness, people get intolerant and impatient. People say you're immature or a loser. You know why? It's because that's how they're raised to think. Most people just copy what everyone else around them is doing. People value norms and values of society, usually no matter what they are. Everyone believes in god because other people tell them to and everyone else is doing it. It's seriously just a way of controlling people. So everyone acts in the image of those around them. What do we have? A blindly optimistic society that ignores those with problems and is only concerned with continuing the charade.
>>
>>50714831
there are so many more factors at play but ok
>>
>>50714501
Try To The Nameless Dead by Primordial

>Are our bones note dust.
>Is our blood not poison.
>On my knees in the black light
>Searching for salvation. bitter redemption
>You may look away
>but your children will not.
>>
Oh pharakarmon, or chelsea Wolfe would be a good choice.
>>
>>50714845
>there are so many more factors at play
you're not even trying to convince me. this isn't even an argument, it's just a statement.
>>
>>50714771
there are times of satisfaction and joy and happiness and oneness. its weird how schopenhauer embraced religious ideals such as asceticism and somehow missed those parts

of course life is suffering but it IS worthwhile because there are islands of meaning and beauty in there. thats what gives life meaning: suffering out of sacrifice and respect for life/love
>>
>>50714853
*bones not dust
>>
>>50714863
i'm not the guy you initially responded to, so i'm not trying to argue a point. just saying you can't broadly paint a picture of life/life in society as hopeless and delusional in a short paragraph and expect it to even remotely touch on all the factors which add up to either a pessimistic or optimistic worldview
i just think it's silly
>>
>>50714877
I've always accepted the view of the book of Ecclesiates that basically states life is meaningless so the only things we have to do are enjoy the little moments day to day.
>>
>>50714501
Just take a ride down to your local elementary school and listen to what the cool kids there are listening to OP. That's the only place you'll still find nihilists since being a nihilist beyond the age of 12 is embarrassing.
>>
>>50714901
I don't give a shit about organised religions so I wouldn't care about a statement in the bible unless they personally reflect in some way what truths I've already perceived from life

But really, we suffer so much today because we're so over-stimulated by media and everything. We need to learn to appreciate the small things and how strange everything and our whole condition is
>>
>>50714935
>nihilist
what the fuck is nihilism? the dictionary says "extreme skepticism maintaining that nothing in the world has a real existence." what the fuck does that even mean? that's not at all what nihilism is.
>>
>>50714501
Funeral Doom Metal comes to mind more than anything else. It's some of the most crushing, most depressing stuff out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckYaFdZ61BE
>>
>>50714978
funeral doom is a joke. there's obviously a formula to all the funeral doom bands. I said in the OP I want novelty.
>>
>>50714935
you should spend some time off of 4chan
>>
>>50714607
that's good but this album is way more depressing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z79y4QqfI4g
>>
>>50715410
I'd have to disagree. But, What Ends is kind of boring totenpop compared to his other best albums and only has a few good songs on it. The Guilty Have No Pride, Burial, The Wall of Sacrifice, Kapo, Take Care and Control, Operation Hummingbird, all are much better IMO.
>>
File: Science 1994.jpg (247 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
Science 1994.jpg
247 KB, 800x804
>Though he is living silently in moments and forgiving relevance, it is in his heart he is holding,
and calling behind sadness of empty fields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS268xriQlo
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.