[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
-HELP ME CHOOSE BANDS FOR THE GREATEST FESTIVAL IN MEXICO-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
Hello /mu/ I'm working for a big company that wants to start the greatest anual festival in Mexico and they gave me the job to choose the bands, I need to get more than 150 bands and check the logistics and then call their managers, see how many money I can waste and start setting everything up from here to March.

I can use a maximum of 6m and it will be in a place with a capacity of 75k people

I'm needing from 6 to 8 headliners and 8 to 14 runner ups and 20-30 more bands.

Headliners
>Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Muse,Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator, Frank Ocean, Steve Aoki, Skrillex

Runner Ups
>Cage the Elephant,Rizzle Kicks Shinedown, Frank Turner, Fiona Apple, Interpol, The Kooks,Yellow Card, Paramore, The Offspring, Three Days Grace, Chromeo, Swans, Schoolboy Q, Rancid, Disturbed.

More bands I thought of
Ash, Riverboat Gamblers, Witchcraft, OK GO, Portugal. The Man, Amberlin, Dumbfoundead, Black Stone Cherry, Battles, The Antlers, Canada, FlyLo

This list was made with some stats based on the likes the people of my city have, so sorry if isn't Patrician enough for you and hope you can give me some advice.

PD: I already added some LatinAmerican bands, but if you have some please tell me.
>>
I hope this isn't shit post but I'd love to have your job op
>>
>>50298138
It's not man, I choose 3 bands and proposed a plan for the Monterrey City Festival It was 1 month ago and another company invited me since Alive Company didn't have any more plans for me
>>
>>50298169
Jesus that sounds awesome.

Ok well how many bands do you plan on booking for this festival?
>>
>>50298207
¡It is man!

The plan is to get 40-50 bands
30 international (15 can be from all the continents the other 15 from America)
20 Mexican Bands
10 Regional Bands

they will play in 3 dif stages
headliners and runner ups would play full set while the other bands would play 30 - 50 mins approx
>>
>>50297943
This is fake as fuck.

I'm from Mexico and Tyler, Paramore, Arcade Fire and Steve Aoki (He comes every 3 months to Mexico) already came this year.

Swans will go to a festival in mONTERREY IN 2015
>>
>>50298281
Which city is the gonna be in?
>>
>>50298301
Nunca dije que fueran las bandas oficiales bro, son bandas que estoy escribiendo y juntando, ocupo buscar en todos lados para armar el festival perfecto.
>>
>>50298311
Monterrey, 3 hours away from USA-Mexico Border
>>
get ratking so i can come through
>>
Rey Pila is a very small post-punky band from Mexico City that would probably work well with your festival
>>
>>50297943
>Headliners
>>Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Muse,Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator, Frank Ocean, Steve Aoki, Skrillex
>Runner Ups
>>Cage the Elephant,Rizzle Kicks Shinedown, Frank Turner, Fiona Apple, Interpol, The Kooks,Yellow Card, Paramore, The Offspring, Three Days Grace, Chromeo, Swans, Schoolboy Q, Rancid, Disturbed.
>More bands I thought of
>Ash, Riverboat Gamblers, Witchcraft, OK GO, Portugal. The Man, Amberlin, Dumbfoundead, Black Stone Cherry, Battles, The Antlers, Canada, FlyLo
this sounds pretty dire I'm sorry man

don't plan festivals for people in your city, plan them for people in the REGION. People travel for that shit.
>>
>>50298432
I thought they disbanded, heard them on Spotify like 3 days ago and searched bout them
>>
>>50298507
why does it sound disasterous?
>>
>>50298553
the lineup how so much outright terrible music
>>
>>50298432
other small acts you should look into:

Amazing Snakeheads

Ben Frost

The Blood Brothers

Blueneck

Braids

The Bug

Caribou

Chad VanGaalen

Christopher Willits

Clipping.

Dappled Cities

Doldrums

Efterklang

Elm

EMA

Fidlar

Frightened Rabbits

Goat

Inventions

Julia Holter

Lanterns on the Lake

Lumerians

Mission of Burma

Nils Frahm

Northern Arms

Nothing

Ought

Perfume Genius

Polica

Prawn

Sharon van Etten

Tim Hecker

Tulsa

Ty Segall

Warpaint

Xiu Xiu

Zola Jesus

honestly these are just some bands I like ranging from small-time to mid-level, it would be way more helpful if you told us about what kind of a crowd you wanted to draw

>>50298512
they havent, saw em open for interpol 3 days ago

>>50298507
i agree with him. Arcade Fire and Radiohead are your best bet IMO
>>
>>50298574

What bands would you bring good music lord?
>>
merzbow
>>
>>50298574
>not realizing that a shit ton of people actually enjoy listening to those bands

it's not a fucking /mu/ festival
>>
>>50298703
>>50298574

Taking randomly any of those headliners i could easily sell more than 80% of the tickets and bring normal bands.

My city is kinda new with festivals, greatest band to ever come to play in a festival here is QoTSA and Travis, just check that out.

Almost any genre, the ideas is to have a big variety but we need to hook and make people come with big acts
>>
jon hopkins
>>
>>50297943
get the strokes instead of kings of leon/muse
>>
>>50298835
for sure. I would try one headliner of a different style then, I know I think Foo Fighters suck but if that's what it takes to put on the festival you obviously need to do it.

I would say maybe try and get one headliner that appeals to everyone, i.e. what Riotfest did. They had Wu Tang and The Cure and The National and Weezer and Slayer. it appeals to so many people.

maybe like Foo Fighters and Radiohead and Kendrick, or something along those lines. I definitely think variety and quality helps bring a crowd - try to get the best of the best that will appeal to the widest range of people.

i would only suggest staying away from EDM, because fuck EDM. dont have Steve Aoki or Skrillex bc then you need the other shitty EDM artist to keep those people and then your festival ends up sucking ass
>>
>>50298930
What I was thinking was making a day of pure electronic dance music
>>
No Les Tigres Del Notre? No Alejandra Guzman?
>>
>>50298994
>50298994
Los Tigres del Norte come every year ,and fuck that crazy bitch
>>
>>50298986
possibly. I dunno, you need to be careful with your electronic music because the festivals like TomorroWorld didn't even sell out. I think a full electronic stage would be a better idea. 1 truly main act, 1 smaller main act, 1 main EDM act, and maybe one more smaller main act that fulfills some other niche for those that dont like the other 3.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.