[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: PC Music General discussion, best tracks and ones yet to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: PC Music

General discussion, best tracks and ones yet to be discovered.
>>
>tfw bjork was at the most recent show
>>
>>50288762
>tfw could have gone but hospital
>>
seamlessly split the radio tank mix tracks

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/62035380/file.html
>>
yeah?
>>
hey qt
>>
Is this a thing now? I listened to Sophie TIME ago when Bipp ( i think) got featured on XLR8R, but fuck me I had no idea in the time between now and then this had become a thing. Fucking internet. We've just witnessed a meme genre go big(ger) - I've seen articles about this in the Guardian and Vice this month, does this mean by next month the genre will be dead?
>>
>>50290326
I fucking hope so. It's terrible trash.
The shallow satire behind it does nothing to distinguish it from what it is mimicking.
>>
>>50288762
>tfw Björk is leech
>>
Keri Baby > Bipp
Seriously, the rhythmic shifts in Keri Baby are amazing!
>>
>>50290326
it was never a genre
>>
>>50290400
You know what the fuck I mean nigga
>>
>>50290438
theyve been doing their thing for two years bruh bruh
but its been blowing up bigtime since this summer
world domination 2015
>>
>>50288747
i want to see her shiny bumcheeks :)
>>
>>50290507
Yeah I've been aware of this shit since XLR8R top 100 downloads of 2013 - Bipp was definitely one of the standout tracks for me from that list. Interesting to know anyway.

I never saw what Sophie was doing as a style unto it's own and I liked it, but I guess this is just what happens when internet and everyone and their fucking dog produces nowadays - a throw away and enjoyable sound from one artist over a couple of songs gets picked up and ran into the ground. It's like, to use an absurd example, in the early 80's after the release of pink floyd's the wall everyone started using alarm clocks in all of their songs because of Time. That's the vibe I get from micro genres like these picking up so quickly, if u get me.
>>
>>50290170
you da real mvp
>>
>>50290635
but it isnt a microgenre, it's basically the peeps on pc music and sophie that are doing their thing and they've all been doing it for basically just as long, and their isnt really a defining characteristic amongst them all.
>>
>>50290752
Their thing seems to be super striped down bubble-gum pop, it all sounds roughly similar
>>
>>50290822
dude no
what music do you normally listen to?
>>
File: win95sounds.png (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
win95sounds.png
9 KB, 640x480
Favorite PC music track?

Mine is "Critical Battery Alarm" off of the "Quirky" album
>>
>>50290822
>maximalist music
>super striped down
you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, right?
>>
>>50291028
>pc music
>not stripped down
soz i think u might be retarded
>>
>>50291044
hah

captcha: occupy Nymark
>>
>>50291028
What the fuck are you talking about, how the fuck does this NOT sound like "super striped down bubble-gum pop"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVc3Z-bG6Eo
>>
>>50291579
i can hear a lot of influences in it
>>
GET TO THE CLUB AT 2AM IM GONNA BANG LOADS OF MEN KNOW THE BOUNCER SKIP THE QUEUE FUCK THE LIST ITS ME AND YOU THE CLUB IS BANGING SO AM I BANGING BANGING BANGING BANGING BANGING BANGING LOADS OF GUYS UNZIP THE TROUSERS WET SURPRISE IN THE BATHROOM SUCKING DICK THANKS FOR COMING THAT WAS QUICK QUICKER THAN THE OTHER GUYS FRIDAY NIGHT WET SURPRISE WET SURPRISE WET SURPRISE
>>
>>50291579
>Bipp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Chwr7UAl_4
Literally just a ripoff of the GOAT bubblebass song
>>
>>50291579
im guessing ur a rockist and early 2000s was ur latest encounter with dance music?
>>
>>50291989
>im guessing ur a rockist and early 2000s was ur latest encounter with dance music?

im guessin u type like this cos ur an edgy teenage girl hu goes on tumblr lol

Also you're wrong on both counts :^)
>>
>>50292279
what do you listen to then?
so i can get some perspective on why you are trying to reduce this to something it's not
>>
>>50288747
trash
>>
>>50292325
I'm into metal, hip-hop, rock, electronic and indie, including:
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Noisia, P.O.S., A Tribe Called Quest, Aesop Rock, Deltron 3030, Immortal Technique, Anton Webern, Digable Planets, zeroh, Nas, LCD Soundsystem, Sage Francis, blink-182, Mr Explicit, Aphex Twin, Onyx, Voices from the Lake, scallops hotel, Pharoahe Monch, Das Racist, Wu-Tang Clan, RJD2, Jehst, Flying Lotus, DJ Krush, Sumochief, Amon Tobin, Dino Sabatini, After finding an eager online audience for his dense soundscapes and even more…, Ed Solo & Deekline, Boards of Canada, Bad Brains, Peanut Butter Wolf, Jeru the Damaja, Bladerunner, Alfred Schnittke, DJ Krush & Toshinori Kondo, Austin Peralta, De La Soul, Black Flag, Rush, Captain Murphy, Tycho, Bonobo, Hieroglyphics, Atmosphere, Pretty Lights, Mat Zo, The Notorious B.I.G..
>>
>>50292634
well i can see why it wouldnt be up your alley
>>
>>50292937
Hey woah there buddy I never once said I disliked it. Our conversation makes more sense to me now, I can now see why you called me a rockist if you thought "striped down bubble-gum pop" was supposed to be a description putting the music down.
>>
>>50293129
it is, there are so many more influences at play than just "stripping down bubblegum pop" and the only reason that connotation has stuck is bc of rym.
>>
>>50293208
>the only reason that connotation has stuck is bc of rym.
I honestly had no idea describing it like this was a thing, I just described it like that because that's what it sounds like to me.

Well if anything, that backs my independent opinion up more I guess.
>>
>>50291987
it sounds simlish
>>
>>50293208
And for the record, if I were to guess its influences I'd probs say it's closer to future garage, but it does sound closer to minimal bubblegum pop than future garage (I've got guys like girraffage, stwo, etc. in mind when I say future garage)
>>
>>50293286
listen to dux contents Lifestyle, it covers a much broader spectrum of genres
also kane wests output is very house oriented, with a toy casio/yamaha-sound
i mean most people seem to deem all of these guys very samey without having really listened to it much
>>
>>50293430
Thanks, I appreciate the recommendations.
>>
>>50293332
id guess kuedo and jam city played major role in their influences
>>
>>50291579
sounds like shit
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.