[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you meet a girl that you used to appreciate and like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11
File: d9f36f89.jpg (91 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
d9f36f89.jpg
91 KB, 658x658
>tfw you meet a girl that you used to appreciate and like from afar and you find out she's into generic pleb shit like real estate

sigh.... :/
>>
>>50166386
didn't they play at p4k fest? kek
>>
>>50166386
>tfw you can't even meet girls who like Real Estate, but only plebs who like shit like Nicki Minaj and whatever other pop is manufactured for girls in their 20s.
Hell, I'd be happy with a girl who likes Real Estate, does that make me a pleb?
>>
:( I really like Real Estate... they put on a killer
show or maybe I was just super fucked up.
>>
Fuck you I like em haha.
>>
>>50166386
it's says they have some dream pop on Wikipedia. maybe you can get her interested in other stuff
>>
Congratulations, you're more shallow than her.
>>
File: 139968953351.png (310 KB, 1214x1380) Image search: [Google]
139968953351.png
310 KB, 1214x1380
>>50166386
Go back to kpop threads faggot
>>
>>50166386
>Real Estate

This is pretty much the best possible music you can really expect a girl you know to be into.

I'd date her.
>>
>>50166418
Maybe they like Drake?

Drake is good.
>>
>2014
>basing your love quest on a girls music taste

None of my friends have the same taste I do, and we all get along great.
>>
>tfw every gril you're ever interested in either listens to tumblrcore or hottopic-core shite
>>
>>50166449
how so?

real estate are bland, boring, dull, uninspired, flat, etc...

every song feels so insipid and uncreative, its like theyre playing the same song over and over again
>>
>>50166563
Not to mention that they stole their name from Sunny Day Real Estate.

>>50166561
Same.

I know plenty of girls who love tumblcore shit like La Dispute and Bat For Lashes.
>>
>>50166418
ya, same situation for me.
>>
File: e466ip6.jpg (505 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
e466ip6.jpg
505 KB, 3264x1836
Fuck you OP Real Estate fucking rule, they are making the best music out there right now. And they did not steal their name, Martin worked in Real Estate, his family's business, when he started the band
>>
>>50166518
Yeah it's not a good requirement to base finding a partner on. Although, if you listen to music excessively and obsess over it like some of us here do (I know I certainly take music more seriously than most 'normal' people), it would be ideal to find a girl who shares that passion. At this point in my life, I'll take the plebbiest girl ever, because something is better than nothing at all :(
>>
>>50166786
They've had three LPs get bmn, and as far as I'm concerned that robs them of all credibility
>>
File: The Flower Lane.jpg (142 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The Flower Lane.jpg
142 KB, 600x600
>>50166842
Have you ever heard The Flower Lane by Ducktails it is fucking amazing, by Real Estate's guitarist
>>
>>50166386
This album is amazing bruh, whatchatalkinbout
>>
Alex Bleeker's solo is really good too, very Neil Young-ey
>>
>>50166842
The anti-Pitchfork reactionary bullshit like that is as annoying as people that only listen to BNMs.

>ITT: times Pitchfork fucked up
300 posts and 158 image replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>50166786
holy fuck

im jealous
>>
File: DY7MOsH.jpg (425 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DY7MOsH.jpg
425 KB, 3264x1836
>>50167111
Be jelly... Martin Courtney's first solo recordings 25 made... I have 2
>>
I listened to their last two albums a lot the past couple weeks. I -mainly- listened to them because I needed some innocuous music played in the background while I studied and I -really- can't listen to music that distracts me.

I'll talk about Days because I haven't listened to the new album closely but I really think Real Estate are really economical with their playing. As in, their playing is very strict and the way in which each component seems to serve a purpose is admirable (closer All The Same really demonstrates this imo). Because of that, their music is really easy to enjoy because it's all ostensibly very simple and straightforward. So when I had Days playing in the background it was awesome because their aesthetic is very one-note (which isn't bad if you can nail that aesthetic) and there were still bits of really melodic vocals that were extremely satisfying (e.g. the chorus in Municipality). You throw in the guy from Ducktails who knows how to interpolate his guitar playing with the other instruments (esp. vocals) effectively + a super appropriate tone and it's nice music for relaxing.

It's all very enjoyable in how unassuming it is, which I think is not too dissimilar to why I like MPB. Obviously a lot of MPB has grandiose compositions and the vocalizing can follow suit but a lot of the simple stuff really hits the spot. There's also a lot of cultural curiosities to MPB but what Real Estate have instead is this perfect depiction of being disenchanted by life and the world. People often associate them with suburban living, which may be true, but I can't really say anything about that because I've only lived in the suburbs my entire life. Even more, I think they represent a lot of what I feel w/r/t approaching life.
>>
>>50167212
To be specific, I think a lot of people glamorize the "extreme", excruciating, or stereotypically HUGE aspects of life such that they measure their value of it to these things specifically. This seems to extend to musical philosophies where a lot of artists (including experimental or avant-garde musicians) seem to capture these large moments in life since they're "what matters" and "defines us". I think all of that is silly and it's something that made me really appreciate Boyhood, which is flawed in multiple ways but I enjoyed a lot for a lot of reasons that had less to do with the movie and how it affected me and the people I watched it with (which is similar to how I felt about Her).

Real Estate's only upbeat song on Days (and maybe in general) is It's Real but it's funny because it's the song that seems to define who they are in the best way possible. It's an affirmation of life through an embrace of the banal and mundane, understanding that the human condition is -enough- to be, well, "human". He does this by interjecting these everyday things with falling in love --- "I carved our names into a tree / I walked on decomposing leaves / I skated on the frozen sea / It's real as far as I can see". What does it mean to have lived a satisfying life? I have had talks about this exact thing in the past year a few times because I just graduated undergrad and I think it's silly and maybe even unhealthy to strive towards milestones as a means to feel appreciative of your life and how you've lived it. Not to say that one shouldn't feel motivated, be optimistic, and strive for big things but it's just the notion that life isn't and shouldn't be defined strictly by them.
>>
i wonder if the dudes from real estate are as nice and innocent as their music is
>>
>>50166434
I think their shows are much stronger than their records. I always had a great time at their concerts, but I can only listen to a couple of tracks on any one of their albums before changing it to something else.
>>
>tfw you will never ever find a woman who likes jazz as much as you do.

pls hold me m
>>
>>50167212
>MPB
who is MPV
>>
>>50167299
>tfw you will never ever find a woman who has a good taste in anything

i dont care anymore though
>>
>>50166386

there's nothing wrong with real estate
>>
>>50167396
MPB* I mean what does that stand
>>
>>50167515
Real Estate make shitty, girl-safe indie pop music. It's boring, conventional and accessible.
>>
>>50166386

I live in PA where everything is about country pop. Real Estate is cool, I'd be happy with that. OP what's it like being above us regular people on that pedestal of yours? Fag
>>
>>50167276
They are the nicest guys I have seen them 7 times and each time I hang out after the show. Alex Bleeker saw me on the street and gave me a hug. They are the greatest people and band imo
>>
File: 4.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
4.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>50167583

>accessibility is something I quantify when judging something I like
>>
>>50167583
im sorry did you just use "accessible" as a pejorative
>>
>>50167633
I like my music more challenging.
>>
i know a girl thats into iceage, but i dont like them
>>
Is their first album worth listening to?
>>
>>50167720
Uhhhh yes it is perfect lo fi pop beach comber fake blues perfection
>>
>>50167720
No, if you listened to Days or Atlas, then you've already heard it all.

Hell, if you listened to only one song off Days or Atlas, then you've heard it all.

Absolutely nothing ever happens, all the songs lack emotion, depth and creativity.

I guess you could listen to it if you want some background noise?
>>
>>50166418
yeah, I would love a girl who was into Real Estate. Not because they're good (they fucking aren't), but because there is stuff that I like that she would probably like
>>
>>50167720
listen to wavves instead
>>
>>50167177
can you mega them please?
>>
>>50167177
i cant find this on the internet
>>
>>50167177
pls anon
>>
>>50167177
>last 36 seconds of TR1 by Brian Wilson

must hear
>>
>>50167177
fuck you you stupid fucking shit dont post it if you dont wanna share
>>
>>50166386
>girl that you used to appreciate and like from afar
How does this work?
>>
>>50168483
>>50168513
>>50168648
>>50168681
I was uploading this, but after reading >>50168821 I don't feel like being good on the internet anymore.
>>
>>50168983
>>50167177
>>50166786

I'm pretty sure this is someone from Real Estate.

Fuck off with your viral marketing, no one cares.
>>
>>50168983
No ;_;
>>
File: pario.jpg (462 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
pario.jpg
462 KB, 500x502
>>50168983
This is not me, here is track 1 the one with Beach boys cover :) You will have to wait for more....

https://mega.co.nz/#!X1UyDZTI!JtHYp0vafho5YI51QjxUf010JPUAyCitW4iX7l1ZLrs
>>
>>50169932
oh shit, thank you based anon
>>
>>50169967
Would you like more?
>>
>>50170196
yes please!
>>
>>50166418
Are you in high school? haha
>>
>>50170209
Ok, let me get you one song Idk how to record well off of my tapedeck, that song was emailed to me by the guy who put the tape out let me see what I can do tho. In the meantime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXO33PGFcs
>>
>>50170282
thank you!
>>
Here is the original version of Dumb Luck my personal fave. Actually Brief Return may be my favorite https://mega.co.nz/#!TpFCCYqK!S7hfC2YE4mqi1Vj1YcLSr8QTNpikVJns1FMbNbR9jKI
>>
File: unnamed-1.jpg (23 KB, 972x547) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1.jpg
23 KB, 972x547
You into Alex Bleeker? I have some of his really early stuff too. It is really good
>>
>>50170566
I've never listened to his solo stuff but sure!
>>
>>50170566
Just out of curiosity how do you have all this great obscure stuff?
>>
>>50170829
I have an obsessive personality and real estate is my favorite band so I went out of my way to get every single thing they have ever put out. I am friends with Alex so he gave me all of the titles for the things that aren't easy to find online and then I jusst tracked them all down. But Pario Marty is my best one I don't even think Martin has a copy. Took 4 years to track down a copyRecording another song now
>>
>>50171049
That's fucking sweet. I'm a huge fan of real estate but have only heard their albums, EP, and singles. And some of ducktail's stuff. What are your favorite songs?
>>
File: unnamed-2.jpg (110 KB, 972x547) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-2.jpg
110 KB, 972x547
>>50171107
Easily Municipality, Had To Hear, and Suburban Dogs Assistant Director is my fave Ducktails

Here are my tapes. Still missing a couple Ducktails
>>
>>50171186
That's pretty awesome. Good picks. How are Bleeker's albums? I saw his latest at the record store for like three bucks (cd) and am kinda kicking myself for not picking it up
>>
>>50169932

Thanks so much anon! Please upload more!
>>
>>50171222
Very different, his first is REALLY good in my opinion. the second is good if you like country. Start with Summer > Epilogue and Animal Tracks by him first
>>
uploading a couple more now. FYI they will be very rough hopefully soon I can get a better way to record to mp3. Also maybe can make some tape copies :)
>>
>>50167396
main point being
>>
Glad this thread turned into Real Estate appreciation haha
>>
Seeing these next month with Alvvays, should be good. Cassette guy, how'd you get your hands on the early Martin Courtney stuff? Just curious
>>
>>50171294
Is his first similar to Ducktails?
>>
https://mega.co.nz/#!H4FwRJTA!WNyQofBeFZZjE_nredQfHjRlas6DMCizeywP_c-dS4Y

>>50171437
Martin gave me the guy who released it's email back in 2012 and he didn't respond for a long ass time then sent me his last two copies got them on monday.
>>
>>50166842
i bet your favorite band has more than 3 bnm
>>
>>50171553
That's awesome! So you've met them all before? I'm hoping it'll be easy to meet them when I see them
>>
File: alex.png (610 KB, 581x620) Image search: [Google]
alex.png
610 KB, 581x620
>>50171535
Not at all here's a link way more jammy
https://mega.co.nz/#!ytU3haYR!GTJvGbTy6oS9COjEuASMyCqHRbDEMmi-e25Fpreilnw

>>50171592
Sure have really nice guys this is about a year and a half old pic
>>
Here is another Pario Marty called The Zoo, LOVE this one https://mega.co.nz/#!Co8wjDBR!Q35Emw4z4-e5ueQblTjvbwAoU-aR-ry-utweVNKwd6s
>>
>>50171655

Man that guy has lost some serious weight, that bass looks huge on him now
>>
Sorry again about the quality just really glad I can share it. Really a lost Real Estate Gem. Definitely shows where they were gonna go
>>
>>50171705
Yeah I saw them in Athens this past Saturday and it kind of concerned me seeing how skinny he is now
>>
based anon are you uploading anymore? you're a hero
>>
I'm going to bed based anon. Inc ass this thread is dead by the morning, just gonna say thank you now, this shit was pretty sweet
>>
>>50171394
i don't even really like real estate but i love that this nigger's thread got derailed so hard.
social elitism is for deluded pussies
>>
one more tonight!
>>
>>50167248
damn niggy. that's some solid analysis.
>>
File: unnamed-3.jpg (19 KB, 308x547) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-3.jpg
19 KB, 308x547
Last song I can post tonight caled Look Outside. Also Here is my favorite Real Estate Artifact. The setlist to the greatest concert, tied with Yeezus, i have been to

https://mega.co.nz/#!np82TZIK!yGy-igwxISPk9h0FeaBCXxap_JY6VF5ZyvIuPv7DeBg
>>
>>50171799
>>50171799

BASED
>>
>>50166418
idk, look harder man. i guess girls that like Real Estate is a start.
>>
>>50171874

Thanks so much man, this has been great!

Nice setlist too, but AC BC 2P ? Its like 5am where I am and I can't be bothered to figure them out
>>
Hope Everyone enjoys the old/new Real Estate songs glad I could share. There are still two more I can share. Probably this weekend sometime I will make a thread dedicated to Real Estate and post everything again
>>
>>50171947
Ac = Atlantic city
2P = TOTAL shit new song he just keeps saying I go walkin, really glad it was not on atlas
BC = Beach Comber
>>
>>50171655
>>50171655
sure is goyim in here
>>
>>50171999
2P is actually the only Real Estate song I dislike, but boy oh boy do I hate it
>>
>>50166934
yes yes yes this album is pretty solid!
>>
Actually I have 2 more you might not know I will upload for those still here and interested
>>
https://mega.co.nz/#!TgU2lCQZ!bIGwBBiEt256wTyQajq7mgmk6iEVq9zKGhERduw14kI

This is the Chancellor they performed it as an encore in Athens
>>
https://mega.co.nz/#!GtVHBYiI!Gd8RL_cNeOg5vsRg6-Okuu74PridmIXWAO13xwjyS8w

Recreation The Chancellor's B-Side
>>
Fuck it here is the original version of Primitive

https://mega.co.nz/#!GtVHBYiI!Gd8RL_cNeOg5vsRg6-Okuu74PridmIXWAO13xwjyS8w
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.