[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SYNTH GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x196
The one yesterday went well so I'm starting up another one.

All modes and eras of synthesis are welcome.
>>
Currently just own a Minibrute, but I've got a shopping list.

>Arturia Beatstep
>Korg Volcabeats
>Digiverb
>Digidelay

Plus I might be able to by my uncle's DX-7 for a couple hundred, he sold me his old drum kit too so fingers crossed.
>>
>>50153340
My Roland SH-201 is supposed to be delivered today, I'm really excited for the supersaws.
>>
>>50153707

Are the oscillators in the SH-201 anything like the DCOs in a Juno or is it a completely different system?
>>
>>50153340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq51qxXN40g

Nosferatu by Nekrodamus. amazing Darkwave track.
>>
>>50153340
>tfw when lazy fuckup
>have synths, don't use them
>barely know how to, probably not going to learn
why am I so lazy?
>>
Recently got a Roland a49 midi keyboard, pretty run of the mill but the quality of the keys is fantastic. I downloaded ableton and have messed around with it but I have yet to really delve into all the functions at my disposal. Any tips for beginners before I just jump in? I mean I'm gonna just fuck around until I figure it out regardless but I figured I'd ask anyway, I'm extremely new to this shit.
>>
>>50153787
>oscillators in the SH-201
Analog Modeling oscillators; the synth is same as a JP-8000, but with different filters, more osc options and effects but no chorus.
>>
>>50153970

So..

DCOs?
Or is the whole thing digital?
>>
I'd like to make some acid-goa-bubble trance, where do I start?

t-thanks

(as in, hardware under 300-350$? vsti?)
>>
>>50154150
DSPs, so digital. Same as the 8000 series.
>>
>>50154150
It's not DCO's. DCO's are fully analog sound, it's just the controlling of the waves that's digital. Makes everything cleaner and easier to keep in sync.

Analog modelling is just replicated analog circuitry made in 1's and 0's. It's fully digital.
>>
>>50154193

Microbrute costs $300 (you can find them lightly used for way under)(I got a Minibrute for $375 and those cost $500).

So start there, it has MIDI, CV, and USB, so you use it with VSTs.
>>
>>50154208
>>50154253

Okay, I read somewhere the sound of the 201 was a lot like a Juno.
>>
Korg Volca Keys just shipped.
Also, I bought an electric piano from around 70's or 80's for 50€. Fully functional with flute harmonics, different sound and a shit load of buttons and pedals I haven't gotten to use yet. Picking it up this weekend.
>>
>>50154307
Not really. They are great for older techno though.
>>
>>50154268
I already have a midi keyboard btw
>>
>>50154307
>electric piano
Stop right there m80, that there sounds like an electronic piano. I know the semantics between electric and electronic seem petty, but electric means amplified acoustic, like a Rhodes or a Wurlitzer, and electronic means it's all circuits like a synth or combo organ.
>>
>>50154468
yeah m8 thats what i ment sry br8
>>
>>50154497
What kind is it? A kimball or a crumar?
>>
>>50154507
Neighter it's some weird eko shit,which is actually probably a toy. Sounds great.

Something like pic related, but a different version. Has a speaker on the bottom.
>>
>>50154542
looks really cute
>>
>>50154542
>eko
That's right, you're yuropeen. They're pretty good for when you want very specific sounds, but can sound cheesy as fuck too. I recommend plugging it into a filter when you get the chance
>>
So /synth/

The MS-20 mini was a success

Which Korgs, Rolands, Yamaha's or whatever else do you want to have produced again with original circuit and maybe midi and other of todays standards?

For me i'd say Juno-60 and SH-2

Or even better. A new analog juno with patch saving and dedicated vst like the sub phatty. I'd be set forever with that.
>>
>>50154684
Korg PS-3200
ARP/Rhodes Chroma
Roland System 100m
Nord Modular
The return of polyphonic aftertouch.
>>
>>50154684
I just want a DX-7 with USB MIDI and Audio and more filter options
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.