[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concert General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: 1427307219221.jpg (119 KB, 695x463) Image search: [Google]
1427307219221.jpg
119 KB, 695x463
You know the drill, /mu/.

>Recent concerts + reviews
>Upcoming concerts + recs
>General concert discussion
>>
DEATH GRIPS PRESALE HYPE

Just bought my tix for the Detroit show. Check Live Nation's Twitter for the pw for your show (they're probably all the same though).

Nothing recent, but my upcoming schedule:
>March
27 - Tycho
30 - Benjamin Booker
>April
18 - Lightning Bolt
>May
6 - Toro y Moi
18 - Tame Impala w/ Mini Mansions
>June
3 - Alabama Shakes w/ Father John Misty
4 - Temples (?)
7 - Purity Ring
>July
1 - McRide & The Deaf Grapes
>August
1 - The Kills
>>
>Going to
Magma (got an extra ticket if any anon maybe wants to go in the Portland area)
Iceage
Death Grips
Liturgy
>Maybe
Father John Misty
Antlers
Steve Wilson
Lightning Bolt (They are opening for Liturgy as well so I am pry gonna pass on this)
Melt Banana w/ Torche
>>
You're better off starting these threads in the evenings when people are out of work/class
>>
>>54633600
Nice lineup. Don't pass on seeing Lightning Bolt headline in favor of seeing them support.
>>54633620
>implying people don't browse regardless
>implying I didn't start this thread last night at prime time and had the same problems
>>
Just got back from sxsw
saw
>pc music!!
>heems and kool ad perform at someones house
>pharmakon, ukiah drag, and uniform play on a bridge at 3 in the morning
>MIGOS
>will butler
>dj windows 98 (win butler)
>ex-breathers
>caddywhompus
>earl
>skepta
>vince staples
>denzel curry

going to see
>neutral milk hotel
>death grips
>clark & nosaj thing
>anamanaguchi
>>
>>54633686
To be completely honest I'm not familiar with Lightning Bolt too much, but their show is after the Liturgy show, so if I enjoy their set enough I will definitely attend their show.
>>
>>54633700
That's all you saw at SXSW? Damn dude you fucked up
>>
>>54632784
i don't see it? link for toronto pls? or at least link to the tweet
>>
>>54633700
Nice Anon. Hope I can go to SXSW someday.
Also:
>DJ Windows 98
Do people even try anymore?
>>
I really enjoy these threads because everyone has been going to the same concert events for over six years apparently. I have had the misfortune of going to a /mu/ approved recital and it was all nerds in death grips shirts talking about NMH
>>
>>54633700
did u get a QT energy elixir? apparently they were giving them out at the showcase
>>
>>54633718
Trust me, you will.
>>54633724
Maybe he only went for a limited time.
>>54633777
You gotta search for it.
>>54633797
That's on you m8.
>>
>>54633797
i've honestly never heard anyone talking about nuetral milk hotel other than on 4chan
>>
I'm going to Pitchfork this year

It's not the most amazing lineup, but I'm excited to see Iceage, Ought, and Vietcong. I'll probably see a bunch of shows, depends on what my friends are going to
>>
File: cover.jpg (818 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
818 KB, 1500x1500
>>54632712
Seeing Dad's tonight, Columbus. Any /mu/tants going?
>>
>>54633896
where at
>>
File: 1413409960638.jpg (5 KB, 207x229) Image search: [Google]
1413409960638.jpg
5 KB, 207x229
>tfw I only go to concerts so I can grope on all the qt butts undetected in crowds
Don't even like half the bands.
Cheap & crowded? I'll be there regardless.
>>
>>54633918
I said Columbus nighuh.. Ohio
>>
>>54633932
I meant the venue
>>
>>54633872
Get out and meet some people then.
>>54633923
Hello upstanding member of society.
>>
File: Snapchat--977033595028695221.jpg (222 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--977033595028695221.jpg
222 KB, 1080x1920
>>54633724
i drove over from florida/not 21/excluding acts I didn't care about/had to leave saturday to make it back in time for work/organized it a week before/first sxsw

I only paid for one show tho and had a really good time. This was kind of a spur of the moment thing with friends. Now that I know how it works, next year I will be way more prepared and maximize my time there : )

>>54633803
nope I fucking wish, I really could have gotten one but I hung around and was trying to meet some of the artists and by the time i got there they were out
>>
>>54633944
oh right, Skully's Music Diner. They're playing with Fieldmouse
>>
>>54633891
go see sophie and ag cook

I can't make it this year I realized, I'd rather save to buy a car so I'm waiting til 3 day passes sell out so I can sell mine. Its a cool fest and chicago is a cool city if you haven't been before. Had a great time last year.
>>
>>54633979
That's tempting, I definitely wouldn't be going if it was farther away from campus

Actually apparently it's an early show and I'm busy until like 7, so I don't think I'll go
>>
>>54634031
Damn man. They'll play last yah know, but I understand. Ohio State?
>>
>>54634082
Yeah, sophomore. It'd probably be a bad idea anyway, I've got a midterm tomorrow and a bunch of other stuff I should work on

I haven't been a show to a while, the last one honestly might have been The Pizza Underground, and that was back in December
>>
I'm seeing AJJ and The Smith Street Band in Detroit tonight, anyone else going?
>>
>>54633850
i know the password, but i can't find the "promotion" tab. are you doing this through ticketmaster?
>>
>>54634116
No, but shouts to Detroit anon.
>>54634120
Nah Live Nation. There's a section for "Live Nation presale."
>>
>>54633979
No because dad's new album sucked asshole.
>>
File: O6DTZBi.jpg (147 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
O6DTZBi.jpg
147 KB, 640x960
I hope danny brown tours again soon. If there is one artist I will never get tired of seeing, its that man. I've seen him like 5 times already and I can't wait to see him again goddammit.
>>
>>54634116
Yo, Smith Street Band sucks. Saw AJJ in Baltimore last week on Wednesday. SSB's tunes fucking blew. I have no idea why AJJ would tour with them. Garbage group.
>>
Went to South By So What in Grand Prairie, Texas.
>DAY 1
Awesome as fuck. Title Fight, Circa Survive, La Dispute, Chon, and Self Defense Family were the shit. Frank Iero's solo project was cool, and I got to see Hawthorne Heights play Ohio is For Lovers (which was really the only song I cared about). They had tasty gyros, everyone was gettin high, life was great.
>DAY 2
The absolute worst. The only bands I was into were Enter Shikari, Chiodos, and Dance Gavin Dance. There were a bunch of metalcore fuckboys and I got punched by one while Enter Shikari played. The three headlining bands were Atilla, Memphis May Fire, and Motionless in White, and they were so bad that me and my friend just sat on the bleachers eating funnel cake while they played.
>DAY 3
Way better than day 2, not quite as good as day 1. Norma Jean was fucking sick, but I rolled my ankle in the middle of their set and couldn't really dance the rest of the day, but luckily a merch guy hooked me up with a pain pill. Code Orange and Power Trip were fucking awesome, After the Burial was fun, Suicide Silence was okay, Emmure was shit, but Hatebreed was a LOT more fun than I anticipated.
>NEXT SHOWS
Sufjan Stevens with my sis
Rush with my dad
Death Grips on sale for Trees tomorrow, getting those ASAP
Might be seeing Yellowcard and Finch, but prolly not
>>
>>54634307
Reminds me as well. First time I saw AJJ they had two bands called either Cheap Girls or Hard Girls and Dogbreath. Dogbreath wasn't terrible, just kinda boring, but the whatever girls fucking blew. It was like they were trying to sound like Dinosaur Jr except without any of the energy.
>>
>>54632784
Michigan?
>>
Seeing Flying Lotus ft MF DOOM
1st May @ Brixton Academy

Anyone else?
>>
>>54634555
>Dogbreath
haha I just met someone the other day who was talking about how they saw Dogbreath Opening for AJJ.
We then listened to one of their records and reminded me of old school emo, but a bit poppier. Wasn't too bad.
>>
>>54634598
hopefully yes

I live quite far from London and it's dangerously close to my uni exam period but i'm seeing Ben Frost/Laurel Halo in London the night before, an extra day can't hurt
>>
>>54634587
Detroit. Based in Toledo though, but no one fucking comes to Toledo ever.
>>54634612
Yeah they weren't bad, just kinda boring for me. I remember them getting better as the show went on. They seemed pretty nervous, especially the bassist. I was rooting for them though, and the crowd did come around in support.
>>
are there any worthwhile fests happening in the uk this summer?
>>
File: AJJtix.jpg (495 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
AJJtix.jpg
495 KB, 1275x1650
The hype is real
>>
>>54633923
Mah nigga.
That's half the fun
>>
Haven't had much time to go to shows this year but at the same time there isn't much happening.

>April
Drive Like Jehu
(Maybe) Swans

>May
Neutral Milk Hotel

>July
Death Grips

>August
FYF Fest, depends but most likely I'll go since they usually have a pretty good lineup
>>
>>54634821
nice, i had the chance to see them in Boston last a week or so ago, but couldn't get a ride their. Have a great time.
>>
>>54633923
you gay? that's hot if you're gay.
>>
>>54635095
>implying only one gender goes to concerts
>>
Going to see Primus in a few months.
If they play a lot of tunes from the Chocolate Factory, it's probably less energetic than the previous time, but gonna the mood will still be great. Good time guaranteed.
Might have moved my ass for GY!BE but it's already sold out. Not much good stuff that I know of will pass through my city in the next months, dunno what I'll do.
>>
>>54635144
i wasn't impying that i was just saying that nudging your dick on straight boys' butts is hotter than girl's bums is all
>>
>Neutral Milk Hotel is coming to my college
>mfw
>>
Machinedrum tomorrow lets go. I hope I make it. People are saying it'll sell out real fast.
>>
>>54634821
that was a shit way to erase the barcodes.
hope you get there first, thicko.
>>
>>54633923
i fucking hate you so much please don't be that guy you fucking weirdo jesus christ

i can only take so much honesty on 4chan don't fucking grab girls asses at shows you fucking loser

shows are supposed to be a special place where people can forget about their bullshit for 45 minutes but some creeps like you want to spoil that

girls get fucking casually raped at festivals and shit and its really fucking shitty please don't do it man :-/
>>
>>54635468
how come?
>>
>>54635067
Thanks man!

>>54635468
see
>>54635523
>>
Gonna be seeing Swans tonight! Too hyped.
>>
>>54635514
Oh man is this now a meme?
>>
>>54635514
Who's the real wierdo..
The person squeezing butts, or the one who's freaking out cause there ass got touched for less then a second?

Exactly.
>>
>>54635784
The person paying to go to live events for the specific purpose of groping women is the weirdo. Btw this is an 18+ board
>>
>>54635784
i hope your sister/girlfriend/female friend gets fisted at a show
>>
Recent: Circa Survive, Balance and Composure, CHON
Review:
I had never heard of CHON before, but they had a pretty good set. Crowd really dug it.
Balance and Composure is kinda boring live, but the crowd goes crazy for them, so it was fun.
Circa Survive was really great. One of the best performances I've seen. It was a sold out show, so the venue was packed and the crowd was really into it, which always makes the show better.

Upcoming: nothing, because my city sucks balls.
>>
>>54634262
Everyone says he's really good live but when I saw him he was fucking terrible. He came out super shitfaced and stumbling. He just about walked off stage after his mic was unplugged from all his jumping around and shit. There was also zero crowd interaction unless you had a vagina and no shirt on. I'll probably see him in the future and hope that that show was a fluke but if not then I'm going to quit wasting my money.
>>
>>54637813
>General reviews say he's great live
>One bad experience
>Never again ugh he sucks
You remind me of those people who review restaurants negatively because the first time they went it was less than stellar.
Sounds like you caught him on a really off night. Is that indicative of the whole? I'd say absolutely not. Go to another show.
>>
>>54638116
I might sound snobbish but if I pay to see an artist I'm putting faith in them that they'll give me a good show. I'm certainly not entitled to that but I don't think it's wrong for me to be upset when I get a shitshow of a performance.

>never again ugh he sucks
I didn't say that. In fact, I said almost the exact opposite (read: "I'll probably see him in the future"). If he's shit again though, then I'd throw in the towel.
>>
>>54638309
Yeah I went back and read it closer and I agree. You didn't totally come off like that.
And while I agree that when you pay to see an artist you should receive adequate compensation, sometimes people just have off nights. This one sounded like it was way more than an off night though, so that sucks. Hopefully he's up to par next time you see him.
>>
Recent: Jordaan Mason, Zammuto, Told Slant, St. Vincent
Upcoming: Laura Marling

I really want to see Parquet Courts and Frankie Cosmos but they're never playing when I'm home :<
>>
>>54638543
Also if Joanna Newsom starts touring again I will shit myself.
>>
>>54633891
Same anon I'm also seeing Iceage and Viet Cong, also Mac Demarco, Ariel Pink, Panda Bear and Mourn are on my must see list
>>
>>54633891
>>54638745
P4k accidentally leaked the schedule on their site when they posted the lineup and a few people grabbed it. Here it is, but be aware that it will probably change:
http://clashfinder.com/s/pitchfork2015/
>>
File: meal.png (112 KB, 348x1323) Image search: [Google]
meal.png
112 KB, 348x1323
>meal
>>
Aight bouta take a couple tabs of the good stuff before seeing my hero Michael Gira perform. It'll be amazing.
>>
>>54639007
>Full of Hell//The Body show
holy fuck I am jealous.
>>
>>54640154

I missed Full of Hell in November. Glad they're back so soon and they're actually bringing a decent act with them.
>>
Going to see Swans next week. I'm kinda nervous. Are they louder than MBV?
>>
>>54640312
Based off of what 2 people have told me, I would assume not. I haven't seen MBV, but I saw Swans and it was the loudest show I've ever been to, but it still wasn't as loud as they described MBV to me.
>>
Someone from Tallahassee, Florida be my concert buddy please
>>
>>54640336
I didn't think MBV was as loud as advertised, but it's the only time I've ever felt disoriented after a show. That holocaust section, no matter how much I expected it/anticipated it, broke me. I thought I was hearing voices coming from the PA that clearly weren't there, and once the music came back to rhythm to end the song, it felt like being punched in the face.

Also, rate my concert history. Going to see Ride, Wire, Primal Scream, Jesus and Mary Chain, Nothing, and Spiritualized by the end of summer.
>>
File: concert chronology.png (92 KB, 507x1205) Image search: [Google]
concert chronology.png
92 KB, 507x1205
>>54640516
whoops here it is.
>>
>>54640550

Hello, fellow South Floridian.
>>
File: florida hurricane.jpg (39 KB, 913x386) Image search: [Google]
florida hurricane.jpg
39 KB, 913x386
>>54640584
Whats up bro
>>
>>54640312
I personally wouldnt have wanted to stand through any of their previous gigs i've been to without earplugs. It would be uncomftable to say the least. Even if you found MBV fine, for the sake of your ears, I would get some ear plugs for gigs in general.

>Monday 20 April 2015
>Godspeed You! Black Emperor
>O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, UK

>Monday 27 April 2015
>Iceage
>Village Underground, London, UK

>Thursday 21 May 2015
>Swans
>Roundhouse, London, UK

The current bands I am currently thinking about seeing, will probably buy tickets closer to the time.
#Gigging alone L O N D O N
>>
>>54632712
is that fantano? am I new to this pic?
>>
Upcoming shows:
Wreck & Reference + So Stressed in a basement
Ben Frost
Weedeater + King Parrot
Lightning Bolt
Death Grips
Torche + Melt Banana

Otherwise just went to Deerhoof + of Montreal a week or two ago. Deerhoof was goddang amazing, but of Montreal was kinda boring.

Saw Father Murphy (Flenser artist) a couple nights ago in a basement, it was pretty cool. I wish they would've used a better PA, the one at the house was pretty 'eehhh'.
>>
>>54640644
Floridabro here too. Any reason in particular for the big difference in that picture or is it just coincidence?
>>
>>54640700
Where you at brah? I might be going to see lightning bolt as well as melt banana
>>
>>54640762
Coincidence. The mid 20th century was insanely active, by the same token, the last ten years have been insanely inactive in terms of threats to Florida. Longest hurricane drought (ten years) in recorded state history.

Hope it continues so it doesn't interfere with my shows :^)
>>
>>54640786

Des Moines. Gotta travel up to Minneapolis for Lightning Bolt, but it'll be worth it. Melt Banana is coming straight to Des Moines though, so that's cool.
>>
>>54640872
Ah. Portland here. I used to live in Sioux Falls SD and if I still did I'd be going to the Minneapolis shows.
Have fun man.
>>
Anyone else seeing Swans in ABQ?
>>
Just took two tabs of the good stuff. Swans in an hour. Hype levels are going crazy.

GODDAMIT I AM FINALLY SEEING MY FAVORITE BAND LIVE!
>>
>>54640312
I'm debating whether I should go to the Dallas show. I got tickets but I don't know if I want to take a 5 hour drive there.
>>
Went to see Earl and Vince Staples the other day. Really great concert, high energy. They both also played some songs that nobody ever heard before.
>>
>>54635514
:-\
>>
>>54635200
They'll play a set of originals and a set of Chocolate Factory. But they have Tim behind the drums again so it'll be stellar regardless
>>
Anyone going to see Death Grips in Salt Lake City? Just bought my ticket
>>
Anything good in london on the weekends?
>>
Lol

Calling them 'concerts'. Stay fat Americunts, while Im off to my sik gigs.
>>
>>54641645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG5Zzxo8v3E
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.