[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retrowave thread, my retroniggas! or neo-80s synthwave, out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_ly781dy5CB1qgapm9o1_1280.jpg (931 KB, 831x1158) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ly781dy5CB1qgapm9o1_1280.jpg
931 KB, 831x1158
Retrowave thread, my retroniggas!

or neo-80s synthwave, outrun, neon noir, newretro, or whatever the fuck you want to call it. No vaporwave allowed.

So far Perturbator and Lazerhawk wee my favorite artists in that scene but I must say I'm really impressed by Mega Drive's latest output.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NoYyNKSXQ
>>
File: tumblr_mgfru8SAHU1qgapm9o1_500.jpg (122 KB, 491x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgfru8SAHU1qgapm9o1_500.jpg
122 KB, 491x750
>inb4 "hurr durr you weren't even born in the 80s so obviously you have no right to enjoy that music you're a poser and that's not even what synthwave sounded like in the 80s"
>>
bump fagets
>>
>>48444511

My own, I'm just starting out with this genre, so feedback is welcome

https://soundcloud.com/katanavirtual/neurorage
>>
I really want to listen to more of this genre. I like it, but it's so hard to find GOOD artists. Perturbator is not that great honestly, there were much better artists in the Hotline Miami soundtrack, Kavinsky is utter shit and I hope nobody listens to his godawful album seriously, Miami Nights 1984 is boring as fuck...
>>
Vogel is a good one, I think he's relatively unknown, but check him out
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJmdrAgdvvA

This is good. Dynatron. The guy's relatively unknown but somehow managed to get this song on the Cold In July trailer. Pretty cool i think
>>
>>48445676
Kavinsky is a bore.

Retrowave is better when it's fast-paced, intense and somewhat edgy.
>>
>>48445769
A bit too soft for my tastes but he's got a cool concept going on.
>>
>>48445637
Solid 7. You certainly have the basics down. The beginning is just a little weak but it gets better and better as it goes on.
>>
>>48444587
Aww yeah high bikini underwear never looked any better
>>
>>48445951

cheers
>>
Lay bac- stay out tonight
>>
>>48445956
I'm not too sure, I mean I have about two thousand pictures of women in high-cut bikinis on my harddrive, I'm pretty sure there must be a few that look even better.
>>
File: tumblr_mhrgcsffDW1rqdjkzo1_500.jpg (25 KB, 413x234) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhrgcsffDW1rqdjkzo1_500.jpg
25 KB, 413x234
You're walking down the street on a sunny, cloudless day, and you suddenly hear a loud bang behind you, as if a thunderbolt just struck the ground; the smell of burning asphalt fills the air and a flash of pink light illuminates your surroundings.
As you turn around, you see this garishly-painted van bolt down the street, veer and brake right in front of you. The door slides open and this music starts playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIuM8-pMyaQ
"We need you to save the future of the 80s, get in the van right now!"
You stutter out
"Wh-where's the driver?"
"We'll explain later when we get back to 1989, now get in!"

what do you do?
>>
>>48446406
I mumble "p-pls b in london" and pass out in a puddle of spaghettis and bolognese sauce.
>>
>>48446406
nice thumbnail brah
>>
>>48444511
Just listen to some Sly Fox.
>>
>>48446406
This music is officially approved for time tourist use between the years of 1982 and 1985.

We would like to remind you to to leave all cassettes unlabeled. Earbud-type headphones are strictly prohibited in this era so please use the in-flight headphones provided in the seatback pocket in front of you.

Enjoy your trip!
>>
>>48445676
Betamaxx, Lazerhawk, Nightcrawler, Arcade High
>>
>>48445676
also, if you don't like Perturbator, it sounds like this genre just isn't for you. Perturbator is one of the best and most consistent out. If he's not that good in your eyes you're going to have a hell of a time finding someone who IS good enough for you.

captcha: dancie very
>>
>>48447388
duuuude
>>
>>48445676
Com Truise?
>>
>>48448008
he's leaning a little towards the vaporwave side of the spectrum
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.