[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who thinks this is amazingly good on first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 3134794838_10.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
3134794838_10.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
Am I the only one who thinks this is amazingly good on first listen?

I was expecting some big Lil B-tier joke because of you guys but this is great. It seriously reminds me of ITAOTS.
>>
i'm scared to listen to it because of its meme status on /mu/
>>
>>47929125
>not listening to an album because some people on an image board crack jokes about it
>>
yeah it really is a beautiful album.
>>
I thought the highs on this album were really great (wild dogs, racehorse, avalanches) but there were several tracks I just didn't find interesting at all.
>>
>>47929044

i like it a lot tbh
>>
>>47929044
10/10 easily
>>
>>47929577

>2014
>reviewing albums on a track-by-track basis
>>
i saw him live a few days ago, it was cool
>>
>>47930911
>2014
>splitting your albums into separate tracks
>>
>>47929044
>big Lil B-tier joke

lil b isn't a joke
>>
>>47930480

I don't know about 10, but at least an 8.
>>
I'm on my third listen now, I don't know what it is, it kind of makes me uncomfortable but in a good way, if that makes sense. I was already in a shitty mood, so maybe the somewhat depressing, almost desperate tone of the album is really suiting me right now.
>>
why doesn't anyone ever discuss pic related which inspired it?

it's A Kali Yuga Opera by Holy Haunted Head and it's pretty damn good, especially the intro, the outro, and "Oh Skeleton!"
>>
File: 4970925.png (134 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
4970925.png
134 KB, 300x284
>>47932397
whoops. duh
>>
Can't stand it. Sounds like a whiny NMH without the songwriting talent or charm.

I also have a feeling that it is being virally marketed. For an album so mediocre, it doesn't make sense for there to be so many threads about it.
>>
>>47933022

But NMH already sounds pretty whiny.

I tried listening to the album on my brother's Xbox 360 Turtle Beach headset and holy shit it sounded awful. I tried adjusting the bass all the way up and down and it was insufferable.
>>
The way I see it it's basically if the lead singer from Andrew Jackson Jihad went and collaborated with NMH
>>
>>47933022
Honestly I love the whiny vocals
>>
>>47930967
exactly what I was thinking
>>
>>47933022
I agree. Also I find the avant garde lyrics are trying too hard to be out there.
>>
GGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY
>>
>>47929044
really decent album, really interesting all the way through, especially on the first listen.
>>
>>47929044
Its a shameless imitation of an already over rated album. It makes me embarassed to listen to this album, embarassed for whoever made it and their lack of creative thinking.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x435
>>47930967
Not a joke but he's clinging to relevancy.
>>
>>47933022
I think it was heavily shilled by the band on here when it was "released". Everyone just disregard it and please, move on.
>>
>an album thats referred to as "meme-status or "viral-marketed" automatically makes it bad

the record has been out for what now? 5 years almost?
i ordered the CD years back and Jordaan actually wrote me a nice note saying how beautiful the area im from is and all that
it was p delightful
>>
Listening to it makes me uncomfortable as hell. I don't listen to it much for that reason. Maybe I should give it another chance.
>>
Great album, I haven't listened to it in months though to due bad memories associated with it. Maybe I'll give it a try again later tonight.
>>
>>47934331
*due to

sryy me a bit drunk
>>
>>47934033
he seems like such a genuinely nice guy
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.