[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this album? I didn't like it that much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 41F5E4BR2HL.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41F5E4BR2HL.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
What do you think of this album? I didn't like it that much since it didn't have the same dark and melancholic sound that TOBTL did.
>>
>>61996984
I haven't heard it, but considering their previous album boiled down to being a Joy Division/Chameleons cover-band with shitty lyrics I doubt I'm missing much.
>>
File: paul banks.jpg (41 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
paul banks.jpg
41 KB, 736x490
>>61997011
I get why they are compared to Joy Division due to the similarity of the vocals. Never got how they similar to the Chameleons.
>>
>>61997011
Lmao you're talking out of your ass. They sound nothing like Joy Division. Their bass isn't as minimal and they feature a lot of dual guitar work. They also sound nothing like The Chameleons, who had a strong dream pop sound. TOTBL focus a lot on atmosphere, but that's it. You'd have a case if you said they sound like My Dad Is Dead, and even then it's just the vocals.

>>61996984
More rockier than the debut with less focus on atmosphere. It's fine as a collection of songs, but as an album it doesn't flow as well. Still pretty good, it has some of their best tracks.
>>
>>61997354
Interpol fans denying the incredibly derivative nature of this shitty band never fails to get a few laughs.
>>
>>61997354

Gonna agree with this anon, Take You On a Cruise and A Time to Be So Small ranks up their with anything on TOTBL.
>>
File: 1363741887520.jpg (34 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
1363741887520.jpg
34 KB, 383x383
I love that album so much, TOBL is perfect but Antics is close to me.

Next Exit is a hell of an opener and Not Even Jail is my favorite song by them I think.
>>
>>61997393
Nice argument fagtron, you sure convinced me with those hot opinions. It's so much easier to latch on memes, right?
>>
>>61997433
Antics used to be my favorite, one of the first albums I've ever bought. Take You On A Cruise is so fucking good. Our Love To Admire is also underrated as hell.
>>
Absolutely love it. Though I absolutely love everything they make.
>>
>>61996984
Not Even Jail is the best song Interpol has ever made, and perhaps the best post-punk revival song ever.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.