[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Fleetwood Mac worth listening to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: jnjn.png (83 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
jnjn.png
83 KB, 300x300
Are Fleetwood Mac worth listening to?
>>
>>61921011
don't listen to Rumours at least
>>
>>61921011

yes. every album from about 1970 onwards. Before that its just a peter greene british blues rock band but not really the classic fleetwood mac sound that would come later with bob welch, danny kirwan, lindsay buckingham, stevie nicks and company.

I usually avoid rumours because its so overplayed on the radio but it's still really nice to listen too once in a while

IMO work from future games onwards.

woman of 1000 years is one of their greatest non buckingham/nicks songs. hypnotized (mystery to me) is also great.

The point is, they are one of only a handful of bands that have spanned several genres successfully and change their sound constantly without sounding like sellouts

10/10
>>
Self-titled and Rumours are essential.
>>
>>61921011
>>61921268

meant to add that peter greene's fleetwood mac is still great but not what i'm into (you may feel differently depending on musical taste)
>>
No. Avoid Fleetwood Mac like the plague. They are the worst thing ever to happen to modern music.
>>
File: bill-clinton.jpg (49 KB, 920x537) Image search: [Google]
bill-clinton.jpg
49 KB, 920x537
>>61921011
DON'T STOP THINKIN BOUT TOMORROW
>>
>>61921011
Dadrock.
>>
Does anyone know why "Silver Springs" has become kind of a "thing" in the last few years? I mentioned it to my dad and he was like "wait, really? That wasn't even on an album, just a random b-side I had forgotten about." All my female friends adore that song, the vids on youtube have millions of hits, and in the last year I've seen two bands live who did a cover of it, which seems odd for a random B-side. Don't get me wrong, the song is really good, but I just didn't know if it was used in a movie or TV show or something in the last few years that brought it back into light.
>>
>>61921392
it was a prominent part of the finale in american horror story: coven
>>
>>61921392

It was included on The Dance setlist so people heard it and automatically liked it. If i recall correctly it was supposed to make the Rumours album but was ulltimatly replaced with another song. Similar to You And I part1 released as the Bside to Big Love but never heard on the record, being replaced with You And I part2
>>
>>61921011
I really like their album tusk. You should check it out
>>
tusk is still their best tbqh
>>
>>61921513

also from Wikipedia, Stevie Nicks said "Silver springs exclusion from the album marked a growing tension in the band" so maybe putting it on the setlist for The Dance was their way of saying the past was forgiven idk

>>61921547
>>61921570

yes
>>
>>61921011
One of my favorite albums OP, give it a couple of runs
>>
>>61921011
Depends on what era you want. FM did a shit ton of albums in the 70s

I'd recommend Bare Trees, S/T 1975, Tusk and Rumours
>>
>>61921392
This
>>61921487
>>61921513

Also the song was fully completed and ready to go, but got scrapped, so its pseudo-famous like how Hang On to your Ego was finalized but replaced by I know there's an Answer
>>
>>61921268
>every album from about 1970 onwards.
>Peter Green is not worth listening to
kill yourself
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.