[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
get a lot of money put your main bitch on the sideline put your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: future27_0-1024x742.jpg (142 KB, 1023x742) Image search: [Google]
future27_0-1024x742.jpg
142 KB, 1023x742
get a lot of money put your main bitch on the sideline

put your main bitch on the sideline
>>
>>61910358
>I listen to hip hop AND serious art music.
>I ironically am smart and know about good music, but still find beauty and strength in mainstream pop.
Sorry it doesn't work like that. Listening to hip hop poisons your taste and prevents you from being mentally capable of enjoying the greatest heights of Western art music. By admitting you enjoy this, you're closing yourself off to elite music and embracing trash instead.

There's no way to straddle both sides of the cultural gap. It's a dichotomy and you're on the bottom end
>>
>>61910408

HAHAHA "enjoying Future is a dichotomy"

Have fun for once in your life man.
>>
>>61910893
Just switch off ur brain. XD
>>
>>61910408
Nothing is that black and white anon.
>>
>>61910358
Future is seriously one of the most interesting rappers in the game right now, dog.

And that DS2 was bangin'.
>>
Future is the supervillain of modern hip hop and is perhaps the most enigmatic figure in the genre

Prove me wrong
>>
>>61910968
thugger
>>
>>61910968
I'm pretty sure I know exactly what your going for here, bubby.
>>
>>61910968
i can't, i read that stereogum article yesterday too
>>
>>61910968
MF DOOM is more of a supervillain and more enigmatic

>inb4 backpacker
>>
>>61911015

supervillain yes
enigmatic no
relevant anymore no
>>
>>61911015
yea he also hasn't really released music since 2005
>>
>>61910358
I really genuinely don't get the future love, and this is coming from someone who loves young thug
I mean he's atleast a natural talent when it comes to melody despite being a literal retard, but future just sounds too fucking trashy and sloppy for me to get any enjoyment out of it past his production. I mean his voice is truly awful
>>61910893
The simple fact that Future is not the only artist ever you can have fun to makes this argument meaningless
>>61910968
I see shit like this about future and other 'trashrappers' all the time but I have never even once seen anyone go in depth about it. Not saying your wrong, it would be great if someone convinced me you're right or at least provided some reasoning for it

I have nothing against enjoying dumb and ignorant music (as I said I love young thug) but why do people always claim it's anything deeper and never explain why
>>
>>61911109
>I mean he's atleast a natural talent when it comes to melody despite being a literal retard
this was in reference to thug btw
>>
>>61910993
Thugger is top-tier

>>61911109
I can understand what you mean about Future's voice, but there is a quality to it that I love, but can't quite describe.

On a different note, Captcha told me to select all the pictures with milkshakes. After getting it wrong the first time, I selected the picture with the smoothies, and it was correct. How the fuck can someone confuse a smoothie for a milkshake.
>>
>>61911109

supervillain persona is because of his rise in hip hop compared to his status in pop culture, he was the "power couple" baby daddy to Ciara, cheated on her and turned into a literal monster - spawning one the most fitting mixtape names (2014 Monster) and memorable runs in 2000's hip hop and the mixtape era.

it was also on Monster where with Metro Boomin/Southside Future took trap into a whole new, dark and dank level, creating anthems for millenium drug abusers, juxtaposing Future to supervillain territory

You don't have to like Future, his voice, or his music. But the "HURR DURR FUTURE IS A TARD" argument is pleb as fuck.
>>
>>61908683

Go back to your containment thread.
>>
>>61911294
Hearing the conflict between his darker impulses and his conscience in his albums/mixtapes (sometimes within the same song), is one of the most interesting things about him.
>>
>>61911335

if death grips routinely gets their own thread, Future deserves a couple
>>
>>61911191
Yeah, the voice thing is completely a taste thing
>>61911294
alright, this gave me some insight
what are some of future's greatest songs in your opinion? I actually really like Karate chop, Move that dope and Look ahead (mostly for the beats) but that's about it

>the "HURR DURR FUTURE IS A TARD" argument is pleb as fuck.
see >>61911141
>>
>>61911401

Throw Away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-3yT-FqIw
>>
>>61911398
Just because they have a lot of threads doesn't mean they deserve that.

There's a rule on /mu/ that clearly states to check for duplicates before you make a thread. Any time someone makes a second DG thread, it should get deleted.
>>
>>61911401
If you want some straight bangers, listen to "I Serve The Base" or "Groupies".

One of his more poignant songs is "Blood On The Money". It isn't a wholly original idea for a song, but it's done pretty well.
>>
>>61910408

They don't actually like it though, it's just an attempt to be cool by relating to blackness.

It's an embarrassing white social behaviour.
>>
>>61911401

IMO Future's best songs

Codeine Crazy
Throw Away
Just Like Bruddas
Trap Niggas
The Percocet & Stripper Joint
Kno The Meaning
Inside The Mattress
>>
>>61911514
Trap Niggas is top tier my boy
>>
>>61911514
Wait, these are actual song titles?

How come people still take this genre seriously?
>>
>>61911619
cucks
>>
>>61911619

>can't respect subjectivity in music
>wants others to take music seriously
>>
Yo for real though, discrediting an entire genre of music is one of my least favorite things that people can do
>>
>>61911619
Wait, people take music seriously?

How come people don't listen to music for fun?
>>
>>61911754
"Fun" does not have to imply anti-intellectualism. e.g. Trout Mask Replica
>>
Future is one of the best musicians out right now, hate all you want, it's true, DS2 is a masterpiece it has been recognized even by magazines like Rolling Stone
>>
>>61911799
ok
does it have to imply intellectualism?

do you even think before you type?
your arguments are terrible
spend less time on /mu/ and more time paying attention in school
>>
>>61911840
Future and Young Thug are the reason I even got back into listening to rap
>>
>>61911799

just give up man you're the worst
>>
>>61911925
>Says I'm the worst
>When I'm actually the best

For what reason?
>>
>>61911627

This.
>>
A C T A V I S
C
T
A
V
I
S
>>
>>61910408
this board is fucking toxic. No one acts or thinks like this you lonely delusional autist.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.