[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THIS KIND OF POST HARDCORE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 619x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 619x600
post shit like pic related

also best japanese band ever
>>
>>61883626
> obscure reissue on Pitchfork
> oh hey guys check out the best Japanese band ever, I've loved them for years
> Not even a patch on Fishmans, Boredoms, Boris or The Pillows.

Fuck off.
>>
>>61883866
desu I didn't even know they were getting reissued until you posted that and I looked on p4k, I've just been listening to this record all week. Number Girl is really fucking good and you're just a dick, anon.

Boris is overrated boring garbage, sludge with no hate, doom with bland riffs, drone that's not heavy, etc. Everything they try they do "just ok" at.

Fishmans are a meme

Boredoms are ok

Haven't heard The Pillows.

Melt-Banana and Number Girl are better than all of those (that I've heard).
>>
Not even as good as Bloodthirsty Butchers. At least listen to the superior group.
>>
up
>>
>>61884213
Bloodthirsty Butchers are ok but I always liked the grittier sound of Number Girl better

more raw + better somgwriting imo
>>
>>61883866
if they review the fishmans reissues i'll send them anthrax in the mail desu lad
>>
Romantic gorilla

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSYZG6pDpo
>>
>>61883866
>The Pillows
get the fuck out of here
>>
assfort

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NpEiFoghVac
>>
Monsula
Car Vs. Driver
Jawbreaker
early Hot Water Music
And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead

Just trying to capture their melodicism while maintaining their heaviness/loudness. But this is my first time listening to them and I don't really listen to this style of music. They (Number Girl) have this "wall of noise" kind of sound and the melody is buried in it a little, not out front, so I don't know. Maybe you'll like some of those.
>>
Part Chimp

they're a little heavier but another gr8 example of that early-mid 00s "indie rock but through a noise rock filter" thing
>>
>>61884379
just imagine all the influx of meme talk on the fishmans
>>
bunp
>>
File: 1397924558943.jpg (72 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1397924558943.jpg
72 KB, 500x375
>>61883866
>the pillows
>the most bland 4 min mid-tempo poprock band ever to come out of Japan
>xddd anime soundtrack
>comparable to the single most important japanese posthardcore band of the early 00's

Dude just get out.

You're embarassing yourself.

Out.
>>
>>61883943
>Boris garbage
>Boredoms "just ok"
>hasn't heard the most plebeian "look at me mom I'm 12 and I have great music taste" japanese band in a japanese pop culture-centric board

Please destroy yourself.
>>
>>61886083
Boris is mediocre
Boredoms are good but not AMAZING
I'm not a weeb and don't give two shits about "j rock" as a genre
>>
>>61883626
Check out Weed.
>>
>>61886267
MY MAN

Weed are one of my favorite bands. They're like if "Little Fury Things" by Dino Jr was expanded to album length
>>
>>61883626
jagatara

like a punk / j-funk group

cool shit

tricot is a great band that takes influence from number girl

are you familiar with zazen boys

how about number girl influences like pixies and other classic american post-hardcore bands (fugazi, mission of burma, minutemen, jesus lizard, etc)

I hate boris but I really dig their albums rainbow and attention please
>>
>SCHOOL GIRL SEVENTEEN
>SEXUALLY KNOWING
>>
File: debut.jpg (21 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
debut.jpg
21 KB, 450x450
>>61886728
>Jagatara

Oh shit son. Now that's what i'm talking about.

Listen to Friction's "Atsureki" and INU's "Meshi Kuuna" if you haven't given them a chance yet.
>>
>>61886871
friction is the shit, never heard of inu, will check it out.
>>
>>61886871
jagatara sounds like japanese shellac
>>
>>61887570
fuck me I meant Friction
>>
>>61883943
HOGWASH

this post was not by coincidence you p4k dickrider
>>
>>61887666
nice trips but no, I did not find out about a fucking seminal post hardcore band because p4k for some reason decided to review their new reissues. Shit I'm fairly certain I've posted about them in the past if your retard ass isn't too new to know how to search the archive.
>>
>>61887666
I found out about number girl from my ex gf's ex fuck buddy

does that make me a cuck
>>
vhejt
>>
asobi seksu, spangle call lilli line, kinoko teikoku...
>>
They're more punk but Going Steady/Ging Nang Boyz are great. Wish i could have seen them during their time as a group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kly0_40hxas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2MGtwB-oFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsKkwad2KKU
>>
>>61883626
betty good mate danks for the rec
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
eastern youth is alright, jagatara is alright, the first asian kung-fu generation record takes a lot of number girl influence, zazen boys is perfect, bear vs. shark is from michigan but they're worth checking out

here's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-CJgD-nd2U
>>
Mono anyone
>>
So this thread isn't at all about OP's question. You're all just measuring your Japanese musical knowledge e-penii, right?
>>
>>61884213

Someone else mentioning butchers on /mu/. I'm so happy I could cry.

Someone introduced them to me on /mu/ also about a year and a half ago or something, they're now my joint favourite band of all time. I never used to actually listen to that much music before, but one day decided to get some recommendations and butchers pretty much kicked off my entire "musical journey" as it were, so they'll always be the one band I adore. Fuck I wish I could have seen them live.
>>
>Pitchfork gave SGDA a higher score than Num-Heavymetallic

What the actual fuck.
>>
>>61885257
>Part Chimp

Wow thought no one had ever heard of them. Saw them live, they were fucking dreadful.
>>
Number Girl's live albums are god tier. Mukai was clever in recording so many of their shows (I assume it was Mukai).
>>
Lostage is pretty damn good. Not quite as hardcore as NG, but I'm still enjoying them a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4N_G78Wsvk
>>
>>61890492
op here

I thought I was the only person who liked 100TOJ

>>61890983
I saw them on their final US Tour and they were amazing. I Am Come is without flaw.

>>61891069
I wish their music wasn't such a bitch to get in the states.
>>
>>61890810
also yeah y'all kinda focused on the wrong part of my post but s'all goid cuz some awesome shit has been posted
>>
>>61891069
also their live shit is even harder to track down because it's all in fucking Japanese on yt

IIRC What doesn't even have all of the studio albums
>>
>>61890810
looks like it
there is some good recs in here still desu
>>
>>61891464

I forgot I made a mega folder a while back. There's a few rips I made from the live DVDs NG have released over the years, as well as the recent Japan 2-disc re-releases of their last 3 studio albums albums. There are also some other stuff related to bloodthirsty butchers and Hisako Tabuchi too.

https://mega.nz/#F!JxgHkIqL!UU-QtD2RC4Ubk-BuvoPasw
>>
>>61891715

I should say audio rips. I always said I'd reencode and upload the DVDs I have, but I'm too lazy to do so, so you'll have to settle for the audio only.
>>
>>61891715
ty anon, god's work

how are the two disc remasters anyway?
>>
>>61891820

Can't say I noticed a big difference on the studio album side to be honest. The second disc on each is a live performance of the album in full, which is cool.
>>
I can't believe Mass of the Fermenting Dregs hasn't been mentioned yet. Great post-hardcore band.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.