[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was every member of the B52's gay except Cindy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: cindywilsonthennow.png (816 KB, 922x622) Image search: [Google]
cindywilsonthennow.png
816 KB, 922x622
Why was every member of the B52's gay except Cindy?
>>
File: The_B-52's_cover.jpg (94 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
The_B-52's_cover.jpg
94 KB, 350x350
>>61881115
The B-52's are one of those bands where I can actually say "I prefer their earlier stuff"

Listen to the first album, then listen to Bouncing off the Satellites back-to-back, and you'll be shocked how quickly they turned into Anypopband, USA - Cyndi Lauper, Madonna - that kinda padiddly. Totally keyboard. Totally faceless pop.

God, what the hell happened, dammit? Their later work is NOTHING like their first two records. How quickly they degenerated from an exciting amalgamation of 60s kitsch and surf rock into.... generic pop music '86. Disappointing. Very, very disappointing.
>>
especially cindy
>>
>>61881115
Cindy is mai waifu
>>
SIX OH SIX OH EIGHT FOUR TWOOOOO
>>
>>61881168
Wild Planet was their peak

Mesopotemia was interesting because Byrne was involved but it lost that surf sound for new-wave general.

Whammy was hit and miss

Satellites was garbage

Cosmic was generic 80s twangy guitar pop, like what REM and other bands were doing already.
>>
LOVE
>>
Kate used to be straight, I always thought Cindy looked much dykier than her
>>
>i've seen horrors you could only imagine
>>
Anyone here from Athens GA?

Whats the music scene like now, Sterile and shitty? Is it even that gay of a place?
>>
>>61881208
Completely agree with this

People say Satellites is "their best" and I don't understand that. There's nothing weird or interesting about it, unlike the earlier records
>>
>tfw one of the only two presents I got this past Christmas is a B-52s Best of album

ffffuck you Robert
>>
>>61881251
>>61881168
In honesty though, what were they supposed to do? By the time of Satellites, new-wave was pretty much phased out. Debut album was 1978 and the other was 1985..

I suppose they could've called it quits after wild planet.
>>
>>61881246
it went downhill as soon as people found out it was a cool place to live
>>
>>61881246
>>61881285
>you will never see REM live playing their first record on some shitty Athens GA bar

fuck
>>
>>61881304
>all the dive bars like CBGB in NY where most bands got their start are long gone and replaced with a chain bar/botique bar
>>
>>61881232
kek
>>
>>61881285
this continues to happen to every interesting city across the country.
>>
It all went to shit when Cindy's brother Ricky, their guitarist who died in 1985
>>
>>61881168
Have you heard that recent live recording from '79? Shit was GOAT
>>
>>61881168
post links not in archive
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.