[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks /17921-kanye-west-no-mor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 822x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 822x396
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/17921-kanye-west-no-more-parties-in-la-ft-kendrick-lamar/

he did it again
>>
got dickrode by p4k again?
>>
>>61844497
Can you copy paste the article senpai I don't want to give Bitchfork any clicks thanks and god bless
>>
>>61845732
"Someone track down his cousin: Any fan of Kanye knows his muse works in fits and starts, and his output can be as erratic as a mood swing. Choosing to follow the dour “Real Friends” with “No More Parties in L.A.” is yet another exercise in extremes, which suits him just fine: a self-described “38-year-old 8-year old,” Ye chases after what’s motivating him no matter how eccentric the inspiration. Here he mentions “I was uninspired since Lauryn Hill retired” and “I know some fans who thought I wouldn’t rap like this again” in the same way he delivers a hilarious anecdote about an assistant crashing his matted Maybach. He also references his memorable line from The College Dropout’s “Breathe in Breathe Out”—“first nigga with a Benz and a backpack”—with “a backpack nigga with luxury taste buds,” a great callback to how ably Ye can so easily identify with two different class of rappers.
Kanye still resonates after all these years by pulling you into his story, with vivid images about texting and driving and and Andre 3000's extended hiatus next to a line about “whole family getting money, thank god for E!” That ability to connect to listeners is what sells us on the problems and lifestyles of the very, very rich, to the extent where no matter how ridiculous some of his lines are (“any rumor you heard about me was true and legendary”) it feels like something we can relate to. Which is, of course, patently absurd.
And the fact that a six-minute song with a monster Kendrick verse and a painterly Madlib beat goes by in the blink of an eye reinforces how revitalized Kanye is after a spotty 2015, dropping these songs weekly (although this one was three days late) as if to prove he can still do it. Between “Real Friends” and this song is an air of the unfiltered rawness of “old Kanye” that makes you wonder if Swish will be as off-the-cuff, and, frankly, charming. We’re in for a doozy if it is".
>>
who would have thought
>>
>>61844497
it's not very good
>>
>>61845756
thanks bud
>>
>>61845756
something about white hipsters analyzing rap music is so cringey and disgusting.
>>
I thought his rapping sounded really bad compared to Kendrick's.
>>
swish is getting a solid 8.5 bnm
screencap this bitch.
>>
>>61845756
I like.this song but this comes across as extremely cucked. Like the writer of that article thinks kanye is god and wants to watch kanye fuck their entire family. Extreme cuckold
>>
>>61845858

it's getting a Brick/10
>>
>>61845756
Kind of makes you embaressed to be a ye fan for a second.

The car thing was just a funny anecdote, stop over thinking things.
>>
>>61845858
bullshit it won't be less than a nine
>>
>>61846221
nah it'll still get high enough to get BNM but it won't be trendy enough to justify a 9+ like mbdtf and yeezus. kanye is simply not as zeitgeisty with hipsters as he was 3 or 5 years ago. he still definitely is, but not as much. drake has filled that spot. 8.5 BNM to still hype it but not as much.
>>
>>61845835
even more so because these were the bandwagoning hipster cunts that said that kanye was going to drop a 'brick' not more than a year ago. don't know how anyone with 2 brain cells can take them seriously.
>>
So is this the part where everyone on /mu/ says the song is shit out of principal of hating things pitchfork likes?
>>
9.2 for swish
>>
>>61846560
Nah it's a good song but Pitchfork still sucks.
>>
>>61845835
How should it be analised then?

>Yo so this nigga Kayne dropping that fire beat yo. Dat flow make him sound like a real nigga. That nigga kendrik drop some fire lines yo.
>>
>>61846612
>analised
>>
>>61846612
see>>61846471

They're bandwagoners trying to justify their dickriding by being garrulous. Analyzing ever single aspect of a song under a microscope while trying to appear hip. It's like a nerd talking about how he likes something cool and failing because he really doesn't have an understanding, so he covers that lack of understanding with verbosity.
>>
>>61846471
They got bought out by Conde Nast. They are obliged to give top 40 artists good reviews now.
>>
>>61846706
How should it be spelted then?
>>
>>61846788
So what's actually wrong with the analysis though.

Do they pretty much say "this song is good" and not much else, but take a long ass time to say it.

Sorry for the spoonfeeding, I'm not overly acustumed to reviewing/analysisng music on this level.
>>
File: 1441940327344.jpg (32 KB, 592x247) Image search: [Google]
1441940327344.jpg
32 KB, 592x247
>>61846612
That would just as stupid because black people don't even listen to Kanye, only white guilt cucks do.
>>
>>61844497
>he did it again
Paid a music publication for a good review?
>>
>>61846894
"his output can be as erratic as a mood swing"
C
is yet another exercise in extremes, which suits him just fine: a self-described “38-year-old 8-year old,”
R
"hilarious anecdote about an assistant crashing his matted Maybach"
I
Kanye still resonates after all these years by pulling you into his story, with vivid images about texting and driving "
N
"it feels like something we can relate to Which is, of course, patently absurd."
G
a great callback to how ably Ye can so easily identify with two different class of rappers.
E

Do you not see how try-hard this is? They're grasping at straws trying to come up with reasons they like it. "Maybe if I describe what this quote is, it'll seem like I enjoy it"

"He's rich, but listeners connect with him!" Wow, you mean like every other artist that made it big? Just give up pitchfork. You have no place in the world.
>>
>>61846929
Because "real nigga music" either glorifies living in poverty or is your stereotypical "pussy, money, weed" hip hop

Kayne just writes music about living a comfortable life
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.