[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let's talk about krautrock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: amondu-yeti.jpg (292 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
amondu-yeti.jpg
292 KB, 600x600
giving this album a fair chance for the first time tonight. those improvisations on the second platter are super cool.

what're some krautrock albums that /mu/ likes
>>
>>61828862
all of them
>>
Yeti's probably my favorite due to the sheer ambition present in songwriting and arrangement.

There's a bunch of stuff worth checking out with krautrock

You got your big three:

Can (Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, Future Days)
Faust (Faust I and Faust IV)
Neu! (Neu! and Neu! 75)

^get back to Can and Faust for their unreleased and live stuff once you start caring enough about the genre

You got something more psychedelic:

Amon Duul II (Phallus Dei and Yeti)
Xhol Caravan (Electrip, Altena 1969)

You got something more jazzy:

Eiliff (s/t and Girls)
To Be (s/t)

You got more electronic stuff like:

Tangerine Dream (Zeit, Atem, Phaedra, Rubycon)
Harmonia (Musik Von Harmonia)

There's even more modern attempts at krautrock that aren't even necessarily German!

Radiohead - Kid A
Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun
Aluk Todolo - Occult Rock
>>
>>61829082
Not this guy, but

More electronic stuff:
Klaus Schulze (Irrlicht, Cyborg, Timewind, X, many more)

Modern Kraut:
Tortoise (TNT, Millions Living)
>>
>>61829188
Oh shit yeah I forgot a lot of the earlier post-rock is krautrock, too.

I am so on the line about post Klaus Schulze since he goes into directions that are just electronic not even krautrock. Amazing discography either way.

I also forgot: check out Popol Vuh.

In Den Garten Pharao
Hosianna Mantra
Einsjäger und Siebenjäger
Letzte Tage Letzte Nachte
Nosferatu OST
Die Nacht Der Seele: Tantric Songs

each of these albums has its own way of approaching Popul Vuh's ambient-like krautrock
>>
>>61829082
Tangerine Dream are Krautrock how?
>>
>>61828862
this album is a legit 10/10 senpai
>>
File: 71Rs-mwxsrL._SL1389_.jpg (216 KB, 1389x1261) Image search: [Google]
71Rs-mwxsrL._SL1389_.jpg
216 KB, 1389x1261
this is a very beautiful album
>>
>>61829298
Everything pre-Phaedra is more similar to krautrock with an electronic touch. Like their shit they did when they were on Ohr (of the albums I recced him that's Zeit and Atem.) After that they went full Berlin School Of Electronic Music, which itself is also an offshoot of krautrock.
>>
cluster ii
>>
>>61829414
Yeah but how the fuck is Rubycon rock in the slightest sense? It's a fantatic record but not even close to krautrock.
>>
>>61829566
i like cluster ii better than zuckerzeit
>>
>>61829607
I never said Rubycon was...it came out after Phaedra you do know that right so it doesn't come under pre-Phaedra and is again like everything Phaedra and after part of Berlin School. That's bullshit if you say it's not close to krautrock as that's ignorant to the roots in krautrock Berlin School had.
>>
File: folder.jpg (202 KB, 597x538) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
202 KB, 597x538
Agitation Free is nice. Also, Ash Ra Tempel (And Ashra), and Can.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.