[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. So I have these early rehearsal recordings of Pand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Hey guys. So I have these early rehearsal recordings of Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper and I thought that some of you guys might be interested in hearing them. Sonic Boom shared the recordings on Collected Animals but the link stopped working after about two days or so.

I know there's already a set of demo recordings on YouTube, but this is an even earlier cut (also the actual quality is a bit better). I'm also choosing not to post this in a share thread as I think that these recordings deserve a discussion of their own, and because they may be appreciated by fans of Panda Bear that lurk /mu/.

I invite diehard fans of Panda Bear and even those who were maybe a bit disappointed with Grim Reaper to listen to these recordings. The mixing is quite different in a lot of the early versions and you really get a better picture of the true image that Noah Lennox had for his latest record release. There is a certain rawness, passion and quirkiness here that I think can only be heard in these versions.

>early panda bear meets the grim reaper recordings, enjoy

https://mega.nz/#F!lURBUTRS!tCUF9M5sR-VqGDlTq2YDKg
>>
File: olqeaalclita27frsddt.jpg (12 KB, 150x138) Image search: [Google]
olqeaalclita27frsddt.jpg
12 KB, 150x138
OP here, I posted this thread last night but it was pretty early so I think a few people missed it.

Here are the track name translations:

Papadum = 'No Man's Land'
Ms Pac Man = 'Faces In The Crowd'
Gyeah = 'Lisbon Zoo'
Nadir = 'Selfish Gene'
Mitosis Garage = 'Crosswords'
Chavvy Cosplay = 'Cosplay'

It's worth noting that the songs were done in one cut, with each song transitioning into one another. Also, Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker, Lonely Wanderer, Acid Wash, Come To Your Senses, and Sequential Circuits are all absent, but they clearly replaced tracks that were moved to EPs.

Here's a mega link for Lisbon Zoo, a bonus track on the Crosswords EP that was only given to those who purchased the physical copy.

>Lisbon Zoo link

https://mega.nz/#!ZMgCSaAZ!wxjMjFraAxWqHfMuLmDEJjXxcJsn3fU58cbaj4rHDkk
>>
>>61815882
thanks OP, what lisbon zoo about? gimme the low-down
>>
File: 1448772827679.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448772827679.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
>>61815930
I actually don't really know to be honest; it's kind of hard to find details on since there are few files on the internet and not a single YouTube video.

I remember someone on Collected Animals suggesting a sexual theme with the 'soiled towel' line, but that's all that I can remember. I don't really pay attention to lyrics much.

Here are the exact lyrics for the song if you want them though:

Spy little guys
Maybe emotions
Like a riverside has a way to glow, don't it?
Every living pile
Gives off a potion
Like a color wheel spinning slowly free, see it?

Spy little guys maybe emotions
Trip
But it's silly to trip when

Here say
Stay away
Come again another way

How now
Found a pal
Underneath soiled towel

Softly blast for me
Morals don't make remedies
Please don't, please don't cry
Give awake another try to give
>>
>>61816080
Also, here's a basic idea of what every song on PBVSGR means as told by Noah himself. Some of the information is juicy, some is kind of just there. I think a few people were confused by the words he chose on that record so this may help.

http://www.thefader.com/2015/01/07/panda-bear-tells-the-story-behind-the-songs-on-his-new-album
>>
bumping for a while
>>
link no work
>>
this is pretty important stuff from this era from ac. I'm honestly not a big fan of this stuff but it's cool to have
>>
>>61818087
Hmm, try this? I'm not really good at using MEGA

https://mega.nz/#F!9NoGzZDR!WMy__Hgxh5r0vA89gZ4vTA
>>
last bump
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.