[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: untitled.png (57 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
57 KB, 260x194
IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD?
>>
Hopefully
>>
>>61788577
stop this meme facking faggot
>>
File: 1449936503776.jpg (125 KB, 1600x867) Image search: [Google]
1449936503776.jpg
125 KB, 1600x867
garage rock sucked so bad. I remember hearing this shit in the early 2000's as a kid and hating them because they were hipster faggots before "hipster" was a mainstream word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rJnIS5JWHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3mc0yvRNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuK6n2Lkza0

I only learned about the proto hipster garage rock scene and seeing a bunch of "le retro xDD" faggots making shit music.

I hated this stuff cause it's the junk you'd hear in car commercials and shit and in shitty games like ATV OFfroad Fury or Forza Motorsport..

such a shitty and forgotten scene, good fucking riddance. people will forget indie rock and emo just the same.
>>
>>61788577
no
>>
>>61788900
Yeah..A very derivative scene. Although I don't think you can say the same about indie rock and emo. While they're just as bad I think they're way more popular and might have nostalgic in the future. All the nostalgic value of garage rock is dead since technically it already went through a revival.
>>
>>61788900
Is that stuff what people mean when they say garage rock?
>>
Yeah, but I eagerly await garage rock-revival-revival.
>>
>>61789081
yeah. garage rock was a word used to describe the punkier sounding 60's bands but eventually it just became a word to describe the sound of bands emulating that particular sound and style like The White Stripes or The Strokes.

Garage Rock was just another pathetic faded memory of a bygone era (the 2000s) of slightly-less-acceptable-yet-still-mainstream alt-rock music like shoegaze and emo hipster faggots and other scum listen to to feel elite.
>>
There is garage rock that is good for its pure fun, messiness, and simplicity, and then there is the boring ass rebranded indie rock that most of this board knows as "garage rock". It's all derivative of course, but there were/are some enjoyable bands in garage rock.
>>
>>61789081
yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1Jwyxd4tE

if you grew up in the early 2000's you know who these kinds of people are/were but you never knew because the internet wasn't accessible enough to learn about them to hate them.
>>
>>61788900
>people will forget indie rock and emo just the same.
i will never forget emo
>>
>>61789360
because you're a faggot
>>
>>61788577
haven't seen this meme in awhile
>>
i like the idea batman is really concerned about garage rock
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.