[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you go to concerts alone? Is it still fun without going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1343678321513.gif (284 KB, 498x411) Image search: [Google]
1343678321513.gif
284 KB, 498x411
Do any of you go to concerts alone?
Is it still fun without going with other people?
>>
The first concert I went to was by myself. I had a blast. In fact, I find it better to go by myself cuz then I don't have to worry about whether or not the attendees like the show and feel obligated to leave early if they absolutely hate it.
>>
i've been to dozens of concerts and i've never been to any in company
i really can't see how it would be superior or even worthwhile in any way
like i have to worry about other people and how they feel about the venue and the music and whatnot and i have to worry about what they think of me so i can't let go of myself and feel the music and the problems just go on and on
i don't think i'd ever go to a concert in company
people on here and friends i have irl talk about "i want to go and see such and such band but i have nobody to go with" and that shit is just funny to me
>>
I hung out with the dipshits from my high school for years and years, but realized the only thing we had in common was drugs. One friend from that group I've always been on the same level with. Liked the same music, movies, etc. We started a band right out of high school.

After playing in that band for a little while, I met hundreds and hundreds of people, all because of music. Through music and meeting these people some kids from bumfuck Tennessee were able to play in Montreal and Mexico City. Some of our best friends are there now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be afraid to get out there and meet people. Network. You're not going to find too many people you don't know. I've gone to concerts alone before, but once I get there, I find everyone in the room is one of my friends, even being that I've played music with half of them before.

It's not hard, guys. I just want you guys to try for me. It's worth it.
>>
>>61785205
Im just outta high school tryna start a band. Sounds even more fun now
>>
>>61785324
Do it, dude. Go out there and fucking get it. Don't be afraid of shit. People are nicer irl than /mu/ likes to think.
>>
you've convinced me
I'm so used to seeing concerts with my friends (they're into the same music) but this time everyone is busy
>>
>>61785110
I went to one Jazz festival alone, it was kinda boring in between the sets but hey, you are there because of music right?
>>
File: 1409393122476.png (52 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1409393122476.png
52 KB, 350x350
who /neverbeentoaconcertwithcompany/ here?
>>
>>61785205
>>61785338
This extremely triggers me and I'm not even sure why.
>>
>>61785444
Because you've let memes and an anonymous image board shit up that mind.
>>
The best gigs I'vebeen to were ones of "cult bands" like Neutral milk hotel and Andrew Jackson jihad, and went alone. The thing is that those type of bands tend to attract a non casual crowd at their gigs so it's pretty easy to make friends, since it's highly likely you all have the same memey taste in music. The atmosphere was just really friendly. it probably helps that I'm a conventionally attractive girl but I can't imagine it's hard to make conversation at smallish gigs unless you're seeing Swans or something
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.