[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did it come to be that albums like this are being listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: young-thug-barter-6.jpg (412 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
young-thug-barter-6.jpg
412 KB, 1200x1200
How did it come to be that albums like this are being listened to primarily by white, liberal arts college hipsters?
>>
>>61762307
they got sick of being ignored for listening to art music and indie

but trap is dying anyway 2015 was its peak liberal art kids are moving towards pc music crap and edm now.
just watch after coachella
>>
because they're the ones who write stupid articles about how young thug is "post-lyrical"
>>
>>61762307
Near the pinnacle of modern music, Thug's repertoire is so unfairly glazed over in the overly white sophisticate as to make me sick, but to make such beautiful, inspiring works into mere trap anthems (though that they are, in part) would be to reduce one of the most amazing careers in music ever to nothing more than that of a typical "Lean sippin' nigga", and that treatment may be a fate even worse than public ignorance.

The works on display on Barter 6 are titanic. "Constantly Hating" opens the set, and immediately, it is revealed that there is such a thing as a populist minimalist. But that is the name of the game for Thug - a shatterer of preconceived notions, and one of the very few in the avant-garde to make John fucking Cage seem conservative by comparison. I could go on for days about how "With That" though the worst of the set, far outstrips the careers of most modern composers entirely; how "Check" is a more "classical" approach for Thug, and it succeeds endlessly; how his highly political "OD" could easily be called the greatest triptych ever conceived in music; and how the "Just Might Be" separates the most impactful bars of music I've yet heard.

But I won't.
>>
File: neato.gif (196 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
neato.gif
196 KB, 267x200
>>61762307
Niggers are just so infectious. They are able to give us STD's (sounds that're dance-able)
>>
i am not being hyperbolic when i say that all young thug fans deserve to die
>>
It appeals to a lot of people based on how accessible it is. But it has the bonus of memes and obscurity.
>>
>>61762355
what do you listen to
>>
>>61762307
White people music is corny as fuck and stale. Black people music is straight up fire.
>>
>>61762394
wagner and bob wills
>>
>>61762331

>pc music
already peaked in 2014

>edm
already peaked in 2012
>>
>>61762416
>wagner
literally the most overrated composer of the romantic period

i am not being hyperbolic when i say that young thug is much more talented
>>
>>61762335
crine tim buckley was doing this in the 70s
>>
>>61762426
for us maybe. but the kids op is referring to are gonna jump on that bandwagon

dude fucking trap music itself peaked with flockaveli
>>
because black people are homophobic
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.