[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Copypastas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Summertime-06.jpg (60 KB, 439x439) Image search: [Google]
Summertime-06.jpg
60 KB, 439x439
Can you all give me the best most detailed copypastas /mu/ has to offer. Hit them archives!
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
File: areyouserious.jpg (56 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
areyouserious.jpg
56 KB, 480x480
do it yourself?
>>
>>61619267
Holy shit you're such a fucking dumbass, you know that? You are the bottom of the Earth. The people nobody wants to talk to. You spend so much time listening to shitty music yet you think it's good. You spend your time obsessing about people and posting them on the internet to look cool yet in reality if people in real life saw that what would they think? They think you were a loser, you fucking loser. You aren't interested in starting a discussion with me? It's probably because you don't even know how. I'm not retarded, I'm telling the truth. Know what you're doing before you do it. The way you're acting now is so childish I can't even begin to explain. Listen to a mature record that isn't a totally exaggerated mess of emotions and poor musical merit. Which is what you listen to now. How about some avant-garde jazz? Try A Love Supreme, it's pretty entry level. You probably won't get it though because you're a worthless sack of shit. You will never amount to anything in life. Go outside, take a walk, don't think about your edgy so deep music for once. Once you've done that, come back and try to look at what you're doing right now. Maybe after a few times you'll see that you're a complete child and need to improve. Or maybe you have a serious mental issue. Maybe Autism? I'm guessing that's it. Seek a doctor or therapy to help that out. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you're just a close minded retard with no understanding of anything at all.

Don't even try to bring this argument anywhere else. I won't respond, or I'll think of something to get you mad since you're easily made upset. This discussion is over, sorry loser.
>>
I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
>>61619288
this is fucking incredible.
>>
I've been a huge Modest Mouse fan since I could remember, just wiped my iShit of all the pirated crap I had building up since highschool to start anew.
Downloaded a legit version of This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing to feel about and listening to it before class. QT3.14 walks in, im a big fucking beta peice of shit and she's the only female ive talked to in a good long time. We only chat before class but we seem to click so well. Im crushing on her hard and I decided to finally ask her out today.
This is a BIG fucking deal for me. I live alone, havent had a date in 4 years, usually dont make eye contact with wymen let alone try to relationship them.
Im listening to the album for confidence in one ear and chatting her up. i get to a point in the conversation try to start asking her but she gets a phone call.
Beta bitch in me patiently waits.
I patiently start ramping up the conversation and after a min i try asking her again but before I can get to it her fuckin phone rings again.
Beta bitch waits again.
She finally get off as Might stops playing.
"Sorry, Anon my boyfriend was just trying to get..."
All of a sudden her soul crushing words fade into the distance as I hear a chorus from god flood my left ear.
Such emotional gitaur rifts, the pained vocals of Issac, simple yet powerful drums beating into my soul.
Mfw i hear for the first time one of the most beautiful modest mouse songs from a album i literally worship.
Mfw i realize all these years I've been listening to a fucking bootleg rip thay mixed fucking Lounge for Lounge (closing time) and that I have failed as a devoted fan
Mfw i realize i will forever be a loveless beta fuck and that this is the perfect moment in my life to end it all.
Anyway, long story short what do you guys think is the best MM song to commit suicide to?
>>
You are everything that's wrong with this board. Just because you don't understand something, and it seems outlandish, you automatically brand it as a meme.
You fuckers absolutely sicken me, taking political issues and segregating them between memes and non-memes, like a fucking leper colony. Politics is politics, no meme about it. So shut the fuck up. When you label politics as a meme, you're taking away everything that the politics stands for and reducing it to dust. You should be ashamed of yourself.
When I came to this board, I was hoping for some great discussion regarding political issues and insight into different people’s ideals, but all I got was this "meme" bullshit. Just shut the fuck up about it, okay? People can believe whatever they want, so stop reducing it to a "meme" just because you're too pussy to realize that. I fucking hate you, just like I hate the rest of this board. I'm jumping off this gravy train, and it was your straw that broke the camel's back. Hope you're happy, fuckstick.
>>
>>61619388
CHECK /POL/ RIGHT NOW I POSTED A SPICY ONE!!!!!
>>
St. Vincent is a cunt.

>see st. vincent in 2008, some buzz around her but nothing huge at all
>really good show, felt intimate and she seemed shy
>wait outside to see her after show, she's out within like 10-15 minutes, pretty great
>talking to her with a few other people, make an offhand comment "haha, your feet looked so sweaty tonight, not complaining though!!!" and one guy laughed but she gave a kind of confused look and kept talking to some other girl
>literally like 20 seconds after some fucking gorilla looking security guard (with her, wasn't a venue guy) taps me on the back and says "i think its time for you to go home"
>keep saying "no, i'm a fan of annie? huh? i was just talking to her..."
>look at her for confirmation, she literally won't make eye contact with and refuses to acknowledge me
>tell the security guy "fine, i'm leaving" and walk off
>>
>>61619421
oh shit lol. I have a music one, and I adjusted it to work for pol, hold on.
>>
>>61619434
post the music one first pleeeease i want em ALL
>>
>>61619421
>>61619434
>here you go

You are everything that's wrong with this board. Just because you don't understand something, and it seems outlandish, you automatically brand it as a meme.

You fuckers absolutely sicken me, taking music and segregating it between memes and non-memes, like a fucking leper colony. Music is music. No meme about it. So shut the fuck up. When you label music as a meme, you're taking away everything that the music stands for and reducing it to dust. You should be ashamed of yourself.

When I came to the board, I was hoping for some great discussion regarding music and recommendations for new albums to listen to, but all I got was this "meme" bullshit. Just shut the fuck up about it, okay? People can like whatever they enjoy, so stop reducing it to a "meme" just because you're too pussy to realize that. I fucking hate you, just like I hate the rest of this board. I'm jumping off this gravy train, and it was your straw that broke the camel's back. Hope you're happy, fuckstick.
>>
>>61619225
>>61619267
>>61619288
>>61619323
>>61619327
>>61619339
>>61619388
>>61619421
>>61619432
>>61619434
>>61619446
>>61619450
>>61619554
don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread
>>
>>61619225
>>61619288
>>61619339
more like these please. ones that are inside jokes, like you had to have been there to know its a pasta...
>>
Can we get some more pls?
>>
I need the pasta of meeting x musician and them saying huh huh
Any musician is welcomed
>>
mc ride subway electrical no meat
>>
I saw Jeff Mangum a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw JeffMan trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>61621115
what a fucking dick
>>
>>61619217
God tier album. One of my favourites of 2015.
>>
>>61621286
>implying
GTFO
>>
>>61621304
Implying what? Huh?
>>
I've got 3 terabytes of 60's pre-ambient

800 gigs of live recordings of this local band called the fuckerfucks. They played only 2 shows before breaking up but I had 11 redundant recording rigs all recording flac which I then layered over one another for 25,000 kbps bitrate.

8 terabytes of the beatles. No not THOSE beatles, the new beatles. They haven't recorded an album yet and technically they're not really a band yet but they're indie-gospel-post-funk-punk style is going to be huge when you guys hear their stuff in about 5 years.

4 petabytes of the Ethiopian Free Jazz wave that occurred in 1973 in a town called Wenji Gefersi.

18 terabytes of sound check recordings from the mid 90's band LFO. They only scored a hit with "I like girls (who wear abercrombie and fitch)" but they were way ahead of their time.

That's just my C: drive. I have 41 drives.
>>
>>61621370
I wonder how true any of this was.
>>
>>61619288
this is fucking beautiful, the A Love Supreme part just seals the fucking deal
>>61619339
god damn
>>61619388
F U C K S T I C K
>>
>>61621409
none obviously

it's my favorite copypasta desu
>>
>>61621483
I've seen some better non music related ones. As for music pasta, this one is great.
>>
Someone remember the TMR one?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.