[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>actually having /prod/ in the thread title edition

Post the tracks you're working on, discuss general music composition. Learn how to make leads and why your DAW of choice is crap.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WiPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks and getting called a turd burglar for not going to soundcloud threads

We're making an album! (or trying to).
Check the next post for info.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff:
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q (embed)

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki

Previous thread: >>53467044
>>
File: 1423197195884.jpg (231 KB, 885x886) Image search: [Google]
1423197195884.jpg
231 KB, 885x886
>>53505368

We're making an album! (or trying to).
How to join:
>Take a good look at this picture
>Be inspired by it
>that's it
Anything goes, feel free to find anons to collab and have fun with in any way you want. Or just work solo.
We're doing this for fun.
>>
Ok guys, thinking about calling it a day with this DNB track. I'm ready, give me your worst.

https://clyp.it/1hdkzkaw
>>
>>53505447
I'm not totally sure what I'm listening to here, mostly because I'm not learn-ed in EDM genres and subgenres and whatnot, but I think it's kinda neat. I like how the kick isn't overbearingly big or sidechainy. The thing is a good start but it can be more interesting... more little artifacts or interesting "distrations" could be added. I like a lot of the sounds you're using/made though.

Also
>tfw you almost never post anything
>you post some ancient track you did many years ago for funsies
>the thread was dead
repostin' >>53504702

https://clyp.it/vxxz0pix
>>
How do I go about showing people my music or at least getting people to listen to my music? I am a bedroom producer and have made a lot of songs but no one really hears them because I used to do it just for fun. Do I make a soundcloud and just hope that people like my stuff and get followers by posting in the shitty SC threads here on /mu/? This seems like a very cruel fate..
>>
>>53505734
tell your friends and family, if they like tell them to spread the word, or just spread the word in general
>>
>>53505734
Humans are social beings. Everything we have and do is reliant on others. Your house, your clothes, the food you eat, and so on and so forth -it's all been somehow built, invented, developed, or provided by others. This has basically always been true, and as such humans have always grouped together to create civilizations and societies. Progress and success is entirely at the whim of networking. First, you need to know people who want to hear your stuff, and second you need to make stuff that they want to hear. This means you have to create as best you can, but also cultivate that network and interconnectivity with people and within the framework of how they communicate. You need friends, Facebook, email, soundcloud threads, etc. You need to use it all, and you need to not be mediocre and then maybe, just maybe, you'll get your message out into an otherwise oversaturated postmodern world.
>>
>>53505734

get involved in less anonymous communities, there's always something going on, compilations, remix contests, be a nice person, make good music, etc.
>>
>>53505734
viciously beat and rape a chick then leave your mixtape next to her body and a note saying "my beats are hot as fuck hit me on sound cloud - [your soundcloud here]" then call the cops and ditch the fuck outta there and hid out for a couple years. your mixtape and note will be allover the news and people will visit your sound cloud. while your hiding out keep making and posting your songs so a record deal can find you. once they find you turn yourself in do a couple years in prison getting raped in the arse and come out of jail with a deal with a record label then live life as a rich man.
>>
>>53505382
who's trying to make an album? /mu/ ? eh? link me to some better info pls
>>
Does anyone know if I use the rock smith cable. Electric guitar to pc what amps I can use to simulate amps. Pedals. Etc and or how I can edit skirdrow.ini for rock smith 2014 to add more doc songs/packs?
>>
https://clyp.it/m5k1nk4h
Some short stuff I've started with a friend. Think we could go somewhere with this?
>>
>>53506683
I don't know what I just listened-to. why am i listening to this? why would people listen to this? it's not that it's bad, it just has no raison d'ĂȘtre
>>
>>53505769
>>53505830
I have no friends. I am fucked IRL.

>>53505914
This is a good option I guess. Never done remixes but if it will make me friends maybe I'll get into it.
>>
>>53506683
not at all
the music is boring and the samples are stupid
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.