[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guitar Center Horror Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 14
File: mt-2_top_gal.jpg (135 KB, 593x1050) Image search: [Google]
mt-2_top_gal.jpg
135 KB, 593x1050
Been a while since I saw one of these threads.
Post some GC cringe
>>
>>61547049

Didn't know we ever had these. I went to GC the other day to try out a JU-06 and went I asked the worker for a midi controller to connect it too he ran around the store trying to figure out what it was
>>
>>61547049

People still visit Guitar Center unironically
>>
>>61547049
I brought my broken Line 6 DL 4 just asking them to have a look to see if was even fixable. The workers got really weird because they said they are not allowed to look at used pedals, a music store that can't help me with a guitar pedal issue... I was really pissed. One guy offered to look at it when his shift was over, I left the store.

Also I like Guitar Center because of the massive power and recourses they have but I also hate that they are everywhere. I live in Chattanooga TN and we only have 1, maybe 2 local music shops because Guitar Center ran them all out of business.
>>
>>61547358

Guitar Center is cool, you can steal guitars because they're too busy irgnoring you.
>>
>Play some drone doom on an Orange stack since I can't afford one for myself
>They tell me to turn it down or I'll have to leave
>Meanwhile a 12 year old is butchering Sweet Child O Mine at an obscene volume and continues doing so for several minutes
>>
>>61547312
It's the lowest prices you can get if you know in advance what you need.
As bad as I feel for muh mom and pop businesses, you're retarded if you think I'm going to pay more than I have to for gear.
>>
>>61548313

>ever breathe a frequency stepfam
>>
>>61547358
Go to carter vintage in Nashville
>>
>>61547358
>>61548340
They'll be going out of business soon, probably mid year or so. Unfortunately they'll probably take Fender with them.
>>
File: 45745647564.jpg (376 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
45745647564.jpg
376 KB, 819x1024
>>61548313
They just don't understand
>>
>>61547312
Guitar center is the only store around me with electronic instruments, and when small stores get them the price is ridiculous. IE $750 for a gigged mackie mixer, $700 for a beat up Korg Delta with a questionable keybed, ect.
>>
File: fhfxghdgh.jpg (17 KB, 422x317) Image search: [Google]
fhfxghdgh.jpg
17 KB, 422x317
>need new strings
>don't feel like waiting so i guess i can go to GC
>ask what flats they have
>GC employee - "they only make those for bass"
>mfw
>>
>>61548440
oooh explain
>>
>>61547049
>be 15
>go to guitar center to buy strings
>go to guitar section and play Metallica, Iron Maiden, the list goes on

I fucking cringe right now t.b.h. f.a.m.
>>
>>61548873
>Google
>Guitar Center bankruptcy
It'll probably happen sometime this year, Fender has tied too much of it's business to GC, and GC hasn't been paying Fender. If GC folds Fender will probably fold with them.
>>
>>61548967
no way will fender completely fold. they are sold through so many online retailers. also doesnt guitar center own musicians friend? that isnt going anywhere
>>
File: 6563463456456.png (157 KB, 611x464) Image search: [Google]
6563463456456.png
157 KB, 611x464
>be me
>go to guitar center
>no shoes
>get kicked out
what the fucking fuck
i was sitting down too, not like i was going anywhere but no "y-you could step on a nail"
Nigger, why would there be fucking nails in Guitar Center
It's a damn carpet rug, there is no reason it shouldn't be ok to not have shoes on
>>
>>61549075
carpet flooring*
>>
>>61548967
>fender
>going out of buisness

My sides are in orbit.
>>
>>61549008
>no way will fender completely fold
>that isnt going anywhere
Wrong. You need to read up on what's coming down the pipe. Best case scenario Fender files chapter 11 if GC folds.
>>
>>61549181
Even if that does happen, american fender guitars will never stop being made.
>>
>>61549075
why the hell would you wear no shoes when you're going to a guitar store? it's not the beach m8.
>>
>>61549181
so why would fender stop doing business with all the other stores and online retailers that they currently do business with?
>>
>>61549177
>>61549299
Once again, wrong. Fender is about $280 million in debt, and pulled it's IPO in 2012 because it's highly leveraged, and therefor investors saw it as a bad investment. The reason they were making a public offering in the first place was to get out from under the crushing debt situation they're in right now.

Sorry, it's only a matter of time. GC being the only domino that needs to fall.
>>61549347
Fender put all it's eggs into GC's basket (so to speak).

Seriously, Google. Find out for yourselves.
>>
>>61549347
Yeah, I live in Australia, We don't even have a guitar center store overhere but tonnes of Aussie stores and online retailers are licenced fender dealers.
>>
telletubby bye bye, fender
>>
>>61549376
So you really think fender america will stop making guitars? I just cannot see that ever happening.
>>
>>61549376
still, even if they took a hit that bad, a company would for sure buy the brand and it would still continue to exist. fender is a world wide brand. this isnt going to happen
>>
>>61549404
>Blockbuster Video, Radio Shack, Boarders Books, etc.
Happens all the time.
>>61549434
>a company would for sure buy the brand
It's a possibility, yes. Not certain by any means, see above.
>>
File: 1452055111967.gif (1 MB, 170x180) Image search: [Google]
1452055111967.gif
1 MB, 170x180
>play bass through orange guitar tube amp at very low volume. Bass knob cut, treble and mids boosted
>several employees rush over
>"woah dude!" "watch out!" "careful! You'll blow those speakers sky high!"

Why are people who are so clueless about gear working there?
>>
>>61549545
Are you serious?

>listening to some tracks to test monitors at GC
>employee comes over
>blasts the volume super loud
>>
>>61549463
those three died because who the fuck buys books these days

is fender really struggling to move product?
>>
>>61549463
all of those are examples of stores going under because of what they sold. its not like all guitar stores and online vendors are gonna vanish. theres no way a company (and the companies they own) as popular as fender would go under. people want them. no one wants to rent a DVD in this day and age. if anything GC will owe fender money.
>>
>>61549545
well what would blow the speaker would not be the bass knob amount but the fact that theres a chance the low pitch would push the guitar speaker past its +/- . but yea, you were not gonna blow the speaker.
>>
>>61549566
>hose three died because who the fuck buys books these days
>>61549578
>because of what they sold
What year do you guys think this is? Electric guitars might as well be accordions in 2016. Rock music is dead.

Why am I even replying to you fucking retards? ALL THIS INFO IS ONE GOOGLE SEARCH AWAY.
>>
File: The_Doctor_Came_At_Dawn.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
The_Doctor_Came_At_Dawn.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
i once dropped a guitar and fucking ran. employee chased me and my friend. my friend got hit by a car and fucking died ;_;
>>
>>61549560
Yeah, these days I probably would have just laughed and left but it happened when I was about 16 so I was pretty embarrassed
>>
>>61549642
it is on google. its says that fender will probably go to direct sales. also plenty of people still play guitar. we can shit GG threads everyday. there are tons of shows in cities everyday.
>>
>>61548967
Did anybody ever doubt this? The very fact that guitars became so huge is actually baffling to me now. Don't get me wrong, I have 4 guitars behind me right now and I love the rock spectrum, but over time It's become perplexing what gave this instrument so much credence to begin with. It's still the instrument I play best but I rarely pick it up anymore, I'd rather compose my pieces on the piano now.
>>
>let us grown men gather to smugly tell stories amongst ourselves of highschoolers playing "dadrock" in guitar stores and giggle about how superior we are to them because of this

pathetic thread, get over yourselves. guitar is an obsolete instrument anyway.
>>
>>61549699
>direct sales
Haaa haa haa, yeah, go ask /co/ how that worked out for the comic book industry. Disney owns Marvel for a reason, senpai. Marvel is in the movie business now, not the comic book business.
>genuine Fender kitchenware
>>
>>61549651
lel
>>
>>61549778
comics spiked harder than guitars. also marvel still makes comics. im not saying it wont effect fender but its not gonna wipe them off the planet. no way. i know guitars arn't as big as they once were but its not like they're VHS tier yet.
>>
>>61549778
>>61549851
i should also add that in the 80s everyone though guitars were gonna go out. then the 90s happened...
>>
>>61549871
Ehh hair metal was thriving, so was stuff like Metallica and guns and roses in the 80s. Nobody was thinking that, retard
>>
>>61549940
oh, i forgot. there are literally no bands in existence today. and yes, a lot of synth bands thought that.
>>
>>61549986
Of course synth bands thought that dum dum. Guitars will never ever fade out
>>
>>61549851
>>61549871
>be Fender
>be $280 million in dept
>in a shrinking marketplace (rock is dead, people aren't buying guitars. sales are declining)
>investors see company as a toxic investment because of the shrinking marketplace and the its massive dept forcing the company to pull it's IPO
>Guitar Center counts for a large number of Fender guitar sales
>owes Fender huge sums of $$$ (???) way past due
>Guitar Center on the verge of bankruptcy
>Guitar Center will most likely go bankrupt this year
Yeah, it's all gonna work out great.
>>
>>61550039
well i dont know about ever but yes, its not happening tomorrow. but thats what i was getting at. EDM and the way top 40 music is made is not guitar-centric these days but whos to say if it will flip around again.
>>
>>61550039
>215 years old
>Still widely played today

The'll be fine
>>
>>61550070
>$280
thats not as insane of a number as it sounds in big business. im not saying fender is not gonna take a hit but you guys make it seem like bands and casual players dont exist at all and the only person that buys a guitar is a 90 year old grandpa that can handle how a synth works
>>
>>61550137
>thats not as insane of a number as it sounds in big business
Ok, so you admit don't know what you're talking about. Guitar Center's outstanding dept was confirmed to be somewhere around $1.50 Billion, a good chunk of that owed to Fender. Fender *might* pull in $500-650 million annually in sales. After operating expenses (overhead, etc.) how much of that do you think is left? I'd love to hear your answer.
>>
>>61550376
yea, like i said theyll take a hit. you're forgetting the 84 other countries they still sell guitars in as well as other USA retailers. they are not going to stop existing.
>>
itt: autism
>>
>>61550451
Yeah, and like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. They're looking at their dept at least doubling (maybe even tripling) if GC folds. Do you know what will happen if they have to file for chapter 11 with $900 million in dept?
>I'd love to hear your answer.
>>
>>61550583
see
>>61550565
>>
>>61547049
>All the 13 year old kids playing really bad pentatonic runs on the 170 dollar guitars they have in stock through a shitty overly distorted line 6
>all the old 40 year old guys playing really bad "blooz" through a fender tweed thats way too bright through the ugliest telecaster you've ever seen
>ringing up a pack of strings and these fuckers try to sell you the 3 grand guitar they just got and keep telling you about its "killer tones"
>when they try to convince you the crybaby is actually better than the vox even though its like 50 dollars more and have shit quality control
>out of tune guitars everywhere
>guitar says "new" but its got more dents and scratches than a white girls self esteem
>>
>>61550607
Ah, I see. No answer for either one of my questions, just buzzwords. Ok.
>>
>>61550641
im a different poster dude
>>
>>61550583
Dude fuck off, you just want to seem hip and modern "le nobdy plays guitars anymooore they're for grampas and dad rockers" guitars are never going to die, especially not fender, they will take a hit, but the american strat and tele will never stop being manufactured. Session musicians use them, the majority of "indie" bands use fender guitars in the studios, even oneohtrix point never have guitar on their latest album, they will always be in use, even musicians who mainly use synths and other types of equipment have jangly fender guitars in parts of their music. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>61550712
The guitars on the OPN album were synths senpai...
>>
>>61550712
This
>>
>>61550712
**on his latest album
>>
>>61550688
Ah, of course you are.
>>61550712
Ok, so can see you're upset.... but I'm noticing you still haven't answered either one of my questions though. Care to at least give it a shot or.... ?
>>61550756
>This
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>61550776
I agree on his points of fender never dying, even if they did whats to stop any other guitar manufacturer to get licensing rights and distributing them? Fenders been around decades and while yes the company is doing shitty right now it doesnt mean they wont adjust, i mean really come on now
>>
>>61550776
fender will survive or be bought out and continue.
>>
>>61550776
Dude, you literally have aspergers. They will reorganize and liquidate parts of the buisness, but they will never stop manufacturing American fenders. You're also deluded if you think guitars aren't used anymore, they are used in almost every type of music, they just aren't as prominent, Annie by Neon Indian is a great example of how a guitar is used in contemporary indie music. I could list hundreds of tracks that use guitars, specifically guitars with single coil pickups, but I just do not have the time.
>>
>>61550776
you have autism :-)
>>
>>61550815
So you think just because something has been around for a few years it means it can never die (or be discontinued)?
>>61550842
Probably.
>>61550844
>they will never stop manufacturing American fenders
They won't? And what exactly are you basing this assumption on (still waiting for those answers btw)?
>>61550868
XP
>>
>>61550902
>Literally Austism: The post.

Everybody just stop responding to this guy.
>>
>>61550902
>Probably.
and that was all my initial point was. fender won't completely go away even if they take a huge hit
>>
File: 5882299_700b.jpg (57 KB, 505x600) Image search: [Google]
5882299_700b.jpg
57 KB, 505x600
>>61550844
>Neon Indian
hello reddit
>>
>>61550902
>been around for a few years.

Fender is like 70 years old you fucking Autist, it's a brand that is so ingrained in American culture and consciousness, it's not going away. It's like nike just stopping production of their runners or Apple not making macbooks anymore.
>>
>>61550902
Fender, no matter how bad they are doing will always have a large foothold in the market: you're a musician, you want a quality guitar at a reasonable price that you can customize and change over the years to suit your playing styles, a guitar that will last your entire life if you take care of it, a guitar you can get parts for easily if need be, what guitar do you buy? A fender. Fuck off.
>>
>>61550924
>>61550969
>>61551010
More buzzwords, but no answers to any of my questions? *tisk*tisk*tisk* How disappointing. Also, top kek at you describing Apple as a brand "that could never end". You might want to take a gander at that wiki page, my friend.
>>61550925
Maybe. Or they could fold forever, there's no guarantee either way.
>>
>guitar center stories thread derailed by a fender hating autist
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 768x1024
>come into this thread expecting autism
>get super autism
Surprise surprise
>>
>>61551033
Autist detected.
>>
>>61547049
You can replace GC/Guitar Center with Radio Shack and this thread it would still be relevant....sheesh....
>>
>>61551036
This.
>>
>>61551036
>>61551038
>>61551039
*buzz*buzz*buzz*
>>
>>61551033
>there's no guarantee either way
true but their sales in places like china are up and they can always sell gretsch and shit like that. i would be super surprised if they disappeared.
>>
>>61551052
>AUTISM INTENSIFIES
>>
I know you fags are busy arguing but wont GC just fold and reopen under a different name like how most businesses are nowadays? I mean if the stores are doing that bad then just close em all and leave a few of them open in big cities like LA,NYC.

[spoiler]Pls dont close the Vegas stores theres no other place to check out gear[/spoiler]
>>
>>61551100
>wont GC just fold and reopen under a different name
>what is MARS Music
Nope.
>>
>>61551056
>i would be super surprised if they disappeared
I would too, but it could easily happen.
>>
>>61551100
>living in or near vegas
gross

also google tells me there are several other guitar stores there
>>
>>61550070
>rock is the only type of music that uses guitars
lol
>>
GC will probably switch to being an online only retailer

The age of physical stores has come to an end.
>>
File: DEATH.jpg (26 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
DEATH.jpg
26 KB, 400x265
>>61551119
In 2000, Mars expected to gross $300 million in sales and was planning for a future initial public offering. In April of that year, Mars launched their e-commerce website, marsmusic.com. But as expansion costs exceeded shrinking venture capital markets following the dot-com bubble and subsequent stock market downturn of 2002, Mars Music was forced to attempt reorganization under Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and eventually filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy in November 2002.
>IT'S HABBENING
>>
>>61548279
Downloading illegally is one thing.
This is on a whole 'nother level.
>>
>>61551131
Dont remind me but Im studying at UNLV. Theres a Ed Roman Guitars, Mum & Pop spots, and Sam Ash here but all are way out of my way not even worth the drive.

I play bass and most places have shit selections. Trying to sell bby entry basses or rusted vintage shit that barely works.
>>
I bought a Novation Launchkey from them, the service was nice, they were asking me if I needed any help every 3-5 minutes or so and they were pretty nice, I looked around the store since it was my first time going in to a Guitar Center.
The one thing I found weird though, was the fact that they sold USED Maschines which are basically useless because you need the original unused code to use it with the software
>>
>>61547245
JU-06 is kind of crap unfortunately. I was really disappointed by how bad it was.

>>61548313
No GC in this country, but the equivalent store here has some ridiculous employees. I went in a few years ago to try a Mark V with cash in my pocket to buy it if I liked it. I played for maybe twenty seconds and an employee came out and ripped the power cord out the back said, "I don't want to hear any fucking metal today", and walked off.

Amusingly he lost his job over it for willfully damaging store property, and the chain went backrupt shortly lately.
>>
>>61551187
>thinking any of the new music people listen to is guitar based
lol
>>
>>61551210
i thought sam ash was a big store. thats too bad though.
>>
>>61548939
>Be 14
>Go to GC with father, all the way out in Raleigh
>(military family, live in Fayetteville with family while father works on base in Bragg. No stores around except pawn).
>Drive out two hours
>Play weird, orange Gretsch bass that's as tall as I am
>Play Bogner and Ampeg amps
>USA Fenders
>Only know Gmaj chord because bassist
>See Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto Elite IV
>In love with everything but the price tag (saved everything and bought it two years later)
>Go home empty handed, still happy
>Pawn shop
>$140 pink Glen Burton strat copy, still use the brand-name gig bag

Five years later and I've realized that Univox basses and Intermark guitars are the only things I'll put my hands on anymore
>MIJ died too soon
>Fuck you Ibanez
>>
>>61549177
Fender isn't even that good
>>
>>61549642
>Electric guitars might as well be accordions in 2016. Rock music is dead.
Are you kidding me? Have you never been to a show at your local town? Have you never met college students? Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
>>61551330
tell that to a shit ton of people
>>
File: 1445308448361.png (173 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1445308448361.png
173 KB, 640x400
>>61549642
>Electric guitars might as well be accordions in 2016.
Good god, haven't seen autism like this in a while.
>>
>>61551358
I do
>>
>>61551355
>>61551372
>my bubble just burst!
sucks for you i guess
>>
>>61551381
ok. good luck with having sway on the world. i bet you could also get people to stop wearing levi's jeans too if you tried
>>
>>61551395
i know man. it's like no bands exist at all. /GG/ is just one guy too eh?
>>
>>61551397
>MUH BRANDS
oh wow. nobody tell this guy bout mcdonalds
>>61551418
>MUH CONTAINMENT THREADS
lel
>>
>>61551052
>>61551084
Kek, good one.

ITT: Idiot doesn't understand basic principles of supply and demand.
>>
>>61551439
>MUH BRANDS
you said fender is bad right?

>lel
seriously. bands don't exist. just try and find one post 2007
>>
>>61551443
Wait, you're that idiot though, right?
>>
>>61551439
>oh wow. nobody tell this guy bout mcdonalds
mcdonalds is shit but it sure as hell isn't going anywhere. shit comeback friend
>>
>>61551439
>>61551461
Not the same guy as me, broseph.
>>
>>61551397
I only wear Levi's 505 straight-fit jeans.
>>
>>61551491
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=mcdonald%27s+financial+problems
Wrong. The restaurant chain is in serious financial trouble. How do you not know this?
>>
>>61551533
fatty
>>
>>61551559
Lmfao holy shit almost every fucking company is in "serious financial trouble" it doesn't mean they are going to stop manufacturing their products you raging autist.
>>
>>61551559
>How do you not know this?
cuz I'm not a fat fuck that eats at McDonald's. also they will be fine. Calm down. You'll still be able to get your salt fat.
>>
>>61551355
>>61551395
>>61551418
Friend of mine is a promoter who runs one of the larger metal festivals in this country. Tickets for 2015 sold out in just under two hours with ~75% of the tickets going to international attendees.
>>
Hi, /pol/ here.

I told my friend /mu/ had a collective IQ below 70, and I'd be able to find somebody well below that if we looked around for a few minutes. She asked how long you losers would keep responding, and at this point I'd have to guess forever? I don't really care "desu".

I proved my point and we had fun, guys. Thanks.
>>
>>61551657
no problem friend. you should do this test on /pol/. i suspect you will have similar results. you are a nice person and probably very happy with you life. can you tell us what sex feels like?
>>
>>61551678
Hi, /biz/ here.

I told my friend /mu/ had a collective IQ below 70, and I'd be able to find somebody well below that if we looked around for a few minutes. She asked how long you losers would keep responding, and at this point I'd have to guess forever? I don't really care "desu".

>>
>>61551691
yea you guys are smarter. I'm sorry
>>
>>61551697
Hi, /4chan/ here.

>>
>>61548967
you realize Fender is essentially the bread & butter of mom & pop musuc shops right

they're the only big company that actually prices so small stores can stock them and don't force bullshit-ass bulk orders

fender ain't going nowhere
>>
>>61549545
playing a bass through a fucking guitar amp will kill the speakers retard
>>
>>61550943
"reddit" is not a synonym for "thing autismus does not like"
>>
>>61551491
I agree this nigga is straight retarded but McD's hasn't recorded a positive quarter in like a decade m8
>>
How is Fender going to go bankrupt when Gibson charges like 3x the price
>>
>>61547358
What is the problem with you DL4?
>>
>>61551286
yeah i need to save up for a univox bass they are pretty great
>>
>>61551395
Stop sperging
>>
>>61553011
fuck gibson AND fender dude
most people who buy new go for ibanez now, fender is the ultimate "vintage/used gear" guitar so it makes sense they dont get much money
>>
>>61554674

Ibanez are fucking trash they make guitars for teenagers and shred autists, how is highschool going?
>>
>>61554753
dude...... fckng epic...
yeah, no one uses ibanez! xD
I'll go back to high school now grandpa and leave you to playing your jazz music on your guitar :) im sorry i interrupted your jam session!
>>
>>61548674
>>61547049
my guitar center always managed to overprice their synthesizers anyway

they had an RS09 in beat-up "some keys do not produce sound" tier condition, for $600.

that's some how more expensive than ebay. who the hell runs this store that thinks being more expensive than ebay is going to get ANYTHING sold
>>
>>61548440

People say this shit every year.
>>
I've never had a bad experience at guitar center

theres lot of tards riffing away poorly but thats kinda fun to be around if you don't go there everyday

staff is sometimes not super knowledgable but usually pretty chill and they recognize that you probably know more about the gear you're interested in than they do so they don't bother you about it much, no super intense sales tactics

tons of shit to look at opposed to mom and pop stores which 99% are the most depressing sites these days

i like guitar center

the used section on their website actually has cool old gear on it for bargains (occasionally) too instead of gear flipping faggots

coolest big box guitar store was a chain called daddys junky music

if you were around the Boston area in the 90s-00s you know them
they were like a really filthy guitar center but had so much esoteric weird shit in there sometimes for super cheap
>>
I had never been in a guitar center before, all I ever knew was reading posts from whiny faggots on shit like harmony central and tgp and they made it out like it was Satans asshole...then I finally went into one and was like "wtf, this is actually pretty cool."

I've also been reading 'guitar center is going out of business' for the past 10 years.

They did some bankruptcy thing for shifty big corporation financial shit, but all big corps do that restructuring stuff. You can tell when a large chain store is in trouble when you go in them and you start noticing stuff like dirty floors, messy shelves, shelves with not a lot of stuff on them, like Best Buy these days. Every time I go in a guitar center they're really clean and packed with shit.
>>
>go in to buy a new keyboard
>sales rep tries for a solid 5 minutes to convince me to buy the warranty
>>
>>61550637
>guitar says "new" but its got more dents and scratches than a white girls self esteem
For fucks sake this. I go to my local store to test shit out and then I order it from Thomann. I feel shitty for doing it (actually no, the employees here are assholes so who cares) but I'm not paying more for a guitar that is objectively worse than the one I order online. Even if my fucking postman drops it 5 times it'll still be in better shape.
>>
>>61549075
get your stinky ass feet the fuck outta here
>>
>>61552720
he said he played on low volume so that probably wont do shit
>>
>>61551191
I can't imagine buying a guitar I haven't played...
>>
>>61558867
>buy guitar from online store
>test it out for 30 days and send it back if you don't like it
>100% money back guarantee
And it's still cheaper than operating a bunch of stores. Brick and mortar stores are D E A D.
>>
>>61555823
they'll be fine.
>>
>>61557322
You are buying a new keyboard, why the hell wouldn't you?
>>
>>61558954
Didn't think about getting a trial. That's actually a pretty cool idea, and I might have to try that sometime. It is kinda sad to lose the experience of walking into a Walmart of guitar stuff.
>>
>call local guitar center asking if they have any orchestra model acoustic guitars as I live 30 minutes away from it and I want to make sure they have some before I drive all the way over there
>the phone gets handed over to three different employees who have no clue what I'm talking about before I can finally talk to the dude in charge of the acoustic department
>he also has no clue what I'm talking about and suggests that I purchase a child's guitar if I want a smaller bodied acoustic
This whole thing took 30 minutes.

also can any houstonfags rec me a good guitar store to go to? I'm sick of going to rockin robin, every time I've gone there the employees act like elitist pricks.
>>
>>61559274
That's how Thomann operates here in Europe, and it's pretty cool. They even point out on their own store that you can "try" out stuff by ordering and then just send it back, no questions asked.
>>
File: 1380712453431_crop.jpg (38 KB, 723x769) Image search: [Google]
1380712453431_crop.jpg
38 KB, 723x769
>buying new instruments
>paying huge retail markup
>for the same items that could be had for 1/3 of the price newly used
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>61559616
>buying newly used
>not buying amazing guitars that originally cost 1000+$ in the 90s or 80s for 100 bucks
>>
File: 1375206453693.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1375206453693.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>61559670
this was obviously implied
>>
>>61559699
No.
>>
>>61559754
yes
>>
>>61559780
See: >>61559754
>>
>>61559815
see
>>61559780
>>
>>61559616
>>61559670
>>61559699
>>61559754
>>61559780
>>61559815
>>61559842
>shitposting intensifies
>>
>>61559878
>shitposts about shitposting
dam senpai. meta
>>
>>61559901
No, u :>
>>
>>61551286
Fellow NCer :) I too have been to a certain Guitar Center in Raleigh. It's okay.
>>
GC is great if you aren't a retard.

>walk in
>do you price match xxx from yyy?
>walk out with half price gear
>>
File: 1425853351040.jpg (6 KB, 153x199) Image search: [Google]
1425853351040.jpg
6 KB, 153x199
>>61549651
is this real?
>>
This one time, I went into a Guitar Center
>>
luckily i live in memphis and there is NOT a shortage of music shops here. there's 5 i can think of off the top of my head that arent GC
>>
>>61559670
not everyone wants to go around various pawn shops looking for shit
>>
>>61547049
just bought a used one of these for 30 bucks at a guitar center
not a bad pedal t b h

i once brought in a gibson rd artist that my uncle gave me because the nut was broken and the guitar was, for the most part fucked. it has a little variable resistor thing in the back and theres a rubber stopper that fills in the hole where you access the variable resistor. i get it back with the nut fixed, but the rubber stopper is gone. the guy told me that his assistant dropped it in a jar of turpentine they use for cleaning the fretboard overnight and that it was pretty much a soupy mess
i asked for a discount and the guy refused because he fixed the problems with the guitar that i had (except he didnt even, because there was a relay that wasnt connected properly that he only connected 2/3 of the right parameters)

never gotten anything repaired at a guitar center again
>>
>>61559670
you're gonna pay are 300 for something decent but ok
>>
>want to buy something
>stand at the counter for a long time waiting for service
>have to go to another department for some one to check me out
>don't feel valued as a customer

True horror
>>
>>61551038
i'd buy one just to smash it
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.