[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the worst concert you've ever been to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 599x466) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 599x466
What was the worst concert you've ever been to?
>>
primal scream
>>
foxygen
>>
either the worst or best depending on how you look at it, but there was this underground music festival who thought it would be a good idea to find some random "underrated genius" from some obscure period who's never publicly performed since then, which ended up being this guy called Bobby Brown. (the one who released The Enlightening Beam of Axonda)

basically the entire performance was a clusterfuck, he basically spent the entire time ranting about how he was going to vote for trump because of the overflow of mexicans (this was in europe, by the way) in between his songs, which pretty much ended up being him strumming mindlessly on a pretty sweet-looking hawaiian string instrument and wailing incoherent stuff over some really quiet background music, plus the entire audience wouldn't shut the hell up so you could barely hear anything in the first place. to top it off he had a bunch of slides in the back of the stage written in comic sans about how he's a chosen one of God and how he discovered the Higgs Boson by himself.

it was basically The Room in concert format.
>>
george clinton and parliament two years ago
>>
>>61445503
I dont go to concerts.
>>
Not necessarily the worst but definitely the most disappointing was pixies at shaky knees last year. It was like 85% indie Cindy shit.

>>61445558
saw foxygen at fun fun fun a couple years ago and they kinda sucked but not so badly that it was entertaining like I was hoping for
>>
>>61445503
Steam Powered Giraffe, I threw up in my friends car too
>>
>>61445897
yeah, i mean it's one thing to bomb, but at least bomb in an over the top fashion. it was just boring.
>>
>>61445503
>still forcing this meme

that's a pic of the soundcheck btw
>>
>>61445503
Volbeat
>>
VNV Nation

I ended up in the back talking to some old guy with a Mohawk about Coil.
>>
>>61445503
LMAO nobody showed up?? Career kill
>>
>>61445503
Audioslave
>>
File: trumpsupporters.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
trumpsupporters.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Donald Trump rally.

And I had these sperglord faggots behind me screaming DESU DESU DESU
>>
Beck

The performance was great and he had a great set list but the sound quality was so shit that I could barely tell what the songs were sometimes. The guitars were too prominent and everything was mixed too loud. I hope the sound guy got fired
>>
File: 1310429527116.jpg (15 KB, 376x368) Image search: [Google]
1310429527116.jpg
15 KB, 376x368
>>61445812
Well, that's his prerogative.
>>
Out of all the bands I saw at Psycho California, I thought Electric Citizen was the worst. The Bedemon reunion wasn't that good either (the guitarist was playing through a Line 6). I'm still angry at myself for missing Elder's set.
>>
>>61445503

deadmau5 in DC in 2010

the idiot passed out midway through the show
>>
>>61445812
>The Room in concert format
sounds fucking amazing
>>
Iron and Wine. I fell asleep. Also I went to Gilead fest a couple of years ago and every single USBM band that played was fucking awful in terms of performance and sound. Thou fucking killed it tho so it was worth it in the end
>>
>>61445980
Sound check forced memer.

How many times do we have to go over this?
>>
>>61445897
I saw them in May of last year (2015) and they only played like 10% new songs. They were pretty great, but they fucked up halfway through Monkey Gone To Heaven and moved on.
>>
MIA in like 2009. Just some shitty visual background projection screens, two dancers, a DJ table, and MIA standing there rapping or whatever.

I got a free ticket, so whatever.
>>
>>61445503
I got roped into going to the warped tour by a few of my friends when I was younger. Shitty bands, atmosphere, audience, etc. Never again.
>>
I've been dragged to two concerts in my life: Kiss and Kid Rock
>>
when i saw kamasi washington
>>
>>61446207

Warped tour is just a place for kids to get away from their parents and drop acid. Adults don't go there, the ones that do are manchildren.
>>
>>61445503
Holy shit that audience is cringe. Whos are these losers playing a gig this big if they cant haul a crowd?
>>
File: STREETS LIKE A JUNGLE.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
STREETS LIKE A JUNGLE.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
FUCK BLUR

I got forced to go Blur by one of my friends. We got their at about 15:00. The atmosphere was total shite. When I walked through the gate, I got harassed / puked on repeatedly by some drunk 30 year old chav. There was no food, the toilets were broken, and the only drink available was £10 pints of beer. People were getting mad after the band didn't show up and various acts of hooliganism were comitted by some drunk 16-35 year old males until the cops showed up (eg. throwing beer bottles filled with piss at people and groping random women) The band came on late (about an hour late) and played mainly songs from Parklife (the only Blur album I've ever heard). The singer sounded like he was a constipated 80 year old, the guitar was all out of tune and I couldn't even hear the bass. None of the band members seemed to be enjoying themselves and they repeatedly made mistakes. The only songs I recognized were Song 2, Girls and Boys, and Parklife, all of which were butchered miserably. The rest of the songs were very boring and sounded the same. The sound was far too quiet for the gig and most people around us began having a conversation. A lot of the crowd left after Parklife and even more so after Song 2, it seemed like there were probably less than 1000 hardcore fans in an audience of about 80,000. Once the band finished the main set, there was a stampede of the remaining audience members to the exit and my friend and I got knocked down. Only about 5,0000 people stayed until the end of the show and only that small hardcore few really cared about the band at that point. The show closer was an anti-climax and singer walked off the second the show was done and the rest of the band shortly followed suit, no acknowledgement of the fans, whatsoever. Plus, my friend and I got robbed on the way to our car by a schizo, knife-wielding scaghead wearing a "Parklife" shirt. Fuck Blur.
>>
>>61446332
>>61446337
How much IS Liam Gallagher paying you guys?
>>
>>61446332
see >>61445954

>>61446337
just fuck off already, noel
>>
>>61446337
Damn lol
>>
I saw a dj set once that consisted of one guy playing obscure new wave/synth music with spats of noise in between and another guy who was under the influence of god knows what dancing. The dancer had a guitar but he didn't play it he just kind of presented it to the audience.
>>
>>61446337
well Blur are shite, so this was expected
>>
>>61446452
Sounds awesome
>Not knowing their name
>>
some drone/noise artist who's name I can't remember that opened for Swans when I saw them in London. One of his instruments was another guy swinging a microphone around above his head, like just straight up twirling it around at full speed.
>>
drake, idek y
>>
Some metalcore looking band doing an acoustic set way back in '06 or so.
>>
>>61446582
Was that Xiu Xiu
>>
not too long ago kanye at glastonbury
>>
File: 1392757304845.png (195 KB, 704x537) Image search: [Google]
1392757304845.png
195 KB, 704x537
Of Monsters and Men. They were competent enough performers but fucking hell their music was terrible and it was a miserable experience. It was also terrible because I dropped £60/70 for tickets for my gf's birthday and we broke up less than a week later.
>>
hands down it was torres at the basement in nashville. was one of her first times playing live and it was immediately before she dropped her first album. hipsters were shooting in their pants, i wanted to shoot myself
>>
>>61446337
nice pasta
>>
>>61445503
first concert i ever went to, dragged to Jonas Brothers halftime show in atlanta for my sister's birthday (she was about 13 at the time). surrounded by pissed off hockey fans and screaming toddlers in the negro capital of the world
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 400x400
It was actually neutral milk hotel about a year ago. The crowd was absolutely horrible. Tumblr hipsters on the crowd, fat girls with dyed hair, glasses wearing faggots with Mac plus and death grips t shirts on and the smell of weed smoke
The whole fucking time they were playing slow parts some faggot in the crowd would yell "ITS A POTATO" or "I LOVE YOU JEFF"! You could tell mangum was losing his shit too, he didn't even thank the crowd they just played and left
>>
>>61448151
Date and place?
>>
>>61445503
The amity affliction. Went for my girlfriend and swear to christ it almost made me puke
>>
Best Coast, lead singer could barely even stand from how drunk she was. Their music is absolute dogshit but I liked them at the time.
>>
>>61448268
I saw saw them about five years ago with an ex who loved them. They were a fucking shambles
>>
>>61445503
The Wailers
surrounded by moronic "bob marley is best reggae" types and the band themselves were pretty much phoning in the performance and obviously were just there to make money off of a dead guy. I don't even know why the fuck I even went to that concert.
>>
>>61446452
>I saw a dj set once that consisted of one guy playing obscure new wave/synth music with spats of noise in between

this sounds sweet dude, what are you talkin about
>>
>>61445521
please elaborate
>inb4 that ancient copypasta taken from an old concert review
>>
Escape The Fate
>>
>>61446452
boiler room live streams do not count as going to a show.
>>
>>61448578
you set yourself up for that bud
>>
File: 1336786127283.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1336786127283.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
Never really been to a bad concert, but the only somewhat bad time I had at one was at Mac DeMarco in October. He had 2 opening acts. Mac and opening acts were actually really great, only thing that was annoying was for one of the openings they had a fuckton of people around me talking which was really killing the vibe and making focusing on the music more difficult.
>>
>>61448648
Thought I had nothing better to do that night.
Turned out I was wrong.
>>
>>61446337
EPIC POST BROTHER
OASIS FOR LYFE
>>
File: iAPp8.gif (61 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
iAPp8.gif
61 KB, 650x500
>>61446582
>>
only bad concert I ever went to was all of Beach Goth 2014

Atlas Sound was great, but holy shit that was the worst crowd I have ever fucking seen. Burger kids are the worst people ever. I was only 20 and I felt like the oldest person there.
>>
>>61448738
>no no I like weird music i am pretty sure

This is the official /mu/ slogan ain't it?
>>
I stopped by the Interpol show when I was at ACL 2014 and holy god they're boring as fuck. Like everything just sounded so generic and lifeless. Crowd wasn't even moving an inch.
>>
Chameleons Vox, though it was my own fault.

I always try and get as close to the barriers as possible at every gig I go to. I actually was right at the barriers during the support band, but I thought I'd try it from the very back where the mixing desk was, since everyone says that's where the best sound quality usually is. It was just a never ending sea of people going back and forth to the bar. It pissed me off so much. I don't understand the mentality. I like to have a few drinks beforehand to get tipsy, buy another drink or two when doors open and then just focus on watching the band (i.e. the thing I paid money to see). If people wanted to get drunk, why don't they just go to the fucking pub? It's like paying to see a movie, and then you're on your phone throughout and going to the toilet all the time.

I realise I could have moved forward a bit, but I was also bootlegging the show, and needed something to prop my arm against to keep it high without tiring my arm out.
>>
>>61448857
how does some one not get something so hard?
>>
flaming lips\tame impala.

tame impala were really good but I missed half their set. Flaming lips took like an hour to set up and then were really boring all night. I left early and so were a lot of other people. It was kind of sad because I saw them on the embryonic tour and it was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to.
>>
Father John misty. I practically fell asleep and I was right in front of the speaker
>>
Eagles of Death Metal was pretty bad
>>
Mobb Deep
>>
>>61445812
oh my fucking god i'd love that

sounds hilarious
>>
>>61448963
>>61448868
>way go to a concert if u aren't going to party hard
fuck off back to your metal threads or what have you
>>
>>61448959
I saw both of the bands because of an ex gf

Tame Impala were pretty whatever. However, the singer smacked his head on some pillar next to the stage and spent awhile looking at it in bewilderment.

I saw Flaming Lips at some shitty festival. All I remember was them doing what they do and some drunk girl yelling "PARKLIFE" in my face.

Fuck both bands and fuck you Annie.
>>
>>61448959
Really? What was boring about it? Haven't gone to a Lips show yet but I always hear they have spectacular performances.
>>
>>61448971
lmao did u get shot ?
>>
File: metallica2.jpg (151 KB, 878x1000) Image search: [Google]
metallica2.jpg
151 KB, 878x1000
Metallica's packaged Summer Sanitarium Tour, the year 2000.

>System of a Down
>Powerman 5000
>Kid Rock
>Ko®n

The bands were shit, the sound was shit, the crowd was übershit. Even right in the middle of Metallica's set you could have a conversation with the person next to you. Sound was shit. Puking wifebeater-adorned rednecks were shit. Show as absolute shit. And it cost me like $80 or some bullbollocks which was a lot of money in those days, especially for a kid like me.

I hate all of these bands to this day. With maybe an occasional exception for Ko®n because I like the way the Ko®n man sings.
>>
>>61449078
fucking parklife
>>
>>61448781
Sometimes, I fucking hate Orange County so I hear you.
>>
>>61449085
idk it was like a different band. Maybe it had to do with Wayne getting divorced and the tension with kliph. They did a lot of stuff from the terror which isnt exactly a fun album. They played near me this summer and I heard it was really good so maybe things are better now.
>>
>>61449009
K
>>
>>61446050
Never mind, it was actually when I was dragged to watch MercyMe. It was at Angels Stadium after a game and my friend wanted to stay afterwards for that band. I know there are great bands with Christians, but god damn, I hate contemporary Christian music.
>>
>>61449245
I caught that show in Denver. It was terrible. Me and my buddy managed to sneak onto the floor and got to fourth row for Metallica. We had fun groping chicks and getting slapped. Good times. I've never been able to take Kid Rock seriously since.
>>
>>61446337
>mfw I lived in London for a year and this pasta summarises the british lifestyle in a extraordinary way

10/10 saved
>>
>>61445503
I saw Sonata Arctica at the Palladium in Worcester, MA.

It was the second time I'd seen them. The band was great, as they were when I saw them in Hartford, but the venue was small, we all got rained on on the way in so everyone was wet, it was about 80 degrees with no AC, so I'm surrounded by sweaty neckbeards listening to power metal through the worst PA I've ever heard. 4/10.
>>
>>61445503
Coal Chamber. Me and my friend only went because Combichrist was opening for them for some reason. But holy fuck was Coal chamber bad. They couldn't play their fucking instruments for shit, and the singer was complete garbage too. I have no idea how they managed to be the main act.
>>
>>61448151
I don't blame them to be honest.
>>
>>61449564
>Palladium
>Worcester, MA
shit nigger you from around here? ever been to The Raven? It's a small dive place but WAY better vibes than the fucking Palladium.
>>
>>61449455
Sounds pretty much exactly how I remember it.
>>
Weezer. $6 concert. Fat mexicans and drunk chads everywhere. Uninspired 60 minute set with no one singing along or really paying attention until Beverly Hills and Back to the Shack were played.
>>
Death Grips in Chicago a couple years ago where they intentionally didn't show up as some stunt and made us all stand around for hours and bear a terrible opening act. Their gear got smashed afterwards.
>>
>>61449661
They're trash anyway. I wouldn't even get dragged to one of their scam
>>
>>61449661
Why I refuse to bother with them to this day.
>>
>>61445812
kek
>>
John Maus at The Echoplex in 2011. Screaming, fist clenching in the air.. was horrible.

Best in the worst way was last summer, Geneva Jacuzzi at Ace Hotel. She was singing and actually climbed out of the window while singing, standing on a ledge .. would've been a six story fall. Security had to grab her.
>>
>>61449652
worth $6
>>
>>61450350
exactly. wasnt expecting much but it was still the worst concert ive been to.
>>
Arctic Monkeys
>>
>>61450350
>go to strip club
>not whicked high hopes because only $6 cover
>order a lapdance and instead get your face pissed on by a fat diabetic man
>the ticket was only $6 anon, still worth it for $6
you know, some things people shouldn't be paying for, they should be PAID to do
>>
Xiu Xiu

He shot ball bearings at a gong with a slingshot and insulted the sound guy after every song
>>
>>61448566
post it
>>
First (and only) swans concert I've ever been to.
Audience was shit and half of them were headbanging, and I could see Gira progressively getting madder and madder, going from thanking us after every song and calling us Kings and Queens, to clicking his tongue and making grimaces
>>
>>61449661
Dude you're fucking kidding me right? Who the fuck does this kind of shit?
>>
>>61452232
they pull that type of shit all the time. it's why everyone was surprised that they managed to keep it together the last tour.
>>
>Death from Above 1979
pre physical world, that guy cant drum and sing
>passion pit
gear never showed up so they did a pathetically bad dj set from a macbook, same festival as DFA1979
>Keith Ape
wasn't worth the 20
>all local rappers (calgary)
its not worth while showing up early to rap shows in my city
>>
File: file.png (261 KB, 607x314) Image search: [Google]
file.png
261 KB, 607x314
>>61452232
Meme grips of course.
It's real btw, they also had a suicide letter some fan sent them projecting on the wall
>>
File: velvetqt.jpg (20 KB, 264x464) Image search: [Google]
velvetqt.jpg
20 KB, 264x464
I saw the velvets in the 60's. They were all so gone they couldnt play excpet for Moe.
>>
Fun. in 2013

Teagan and Sara, the opener, played more songs. Fun. was terrible...poor vocals, shitty music, pricy tickets
>>
MGMT in 2010
they seemed bored out of their minds
>>
>>61452309
>and Ryan Hemsworth
I like his music and hes Canadian but he just had a laptop and hid at the back of a dark stage behind spinning led things in a shitty bar, the opener was amazing tho (Tennyson)
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.