[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grindcore deserves more recognition for its groundbreaking achievement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Enlsavement.jpg (92 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Enlsavement.jpg
92 KB, 500x500
Grindcore deserves more recognition for its groundbreaking achievement in emotional expression through music. This is the best example of it.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>61441323
>groundbreaking achievement in emotional expression through music
How?
>>
>>61441323
I love the album Scum, every song is like a little game where you try to guess exactly when each song will devolve into blastbeats and screaming. I think the novelty wears off pretty quick though, and most artists in the genre are not very innovative or listenable. There are more things that could be done with it, and I like music with grindcore influences (Naked City, Melt Banana, etc.)
>>
>>61441352
Napalm Death (and the bands that followed their lead) are clearly frustrated.Their lyrical content focuses mostly on the ills of society and their own failure. Much like jazz (from which they also took the blast beat), they abandoned many common notions of what constitutes music in order to more clearly express themselves. The chaotic, atonal, visceral sound of their music perfectly captures their frustration and conveys it to the listener. They're rebelling against society by rebelling against music.

While they're obviously not the first to experiment with these ideas, they used them to their advantage better than anybody before them.
>>
>>61441434
Most artists in grindcore are pretty bad. I enjoy Pig Destroyer and Discordance Axis. Naked City does some cool shit.
>>
>>61441323
completely agreed m8
the best example of that is pic related though
>>
>>61441996
This is a great example of it. I just think Napalm Death did it better on their second album.
>>
>>61441968
I'd also recommend Agoraphobic Nosebleed. Grindcore with drum machine and sampling is alright with me!
>>
>>61442032
Agoraphobic Nosebleed was always too gimmicky for me. Scott Hull is a good guitarist though.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>61441323
Pic related is 2nd best
>>
>>61441323
FETO is the GOAT grindcore album.
>>
MULTI
>>
>>61444723
NATIONAL
>>
File: shinji.png (164 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
shinji.png
164 KB, 450x300
>>61441996
>when the Evangelion tracks come in
>>
File: a2914793633_10.jpg (104 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
a2914793633_10.jpg
104 KB, 612x612
i like grind
>>
>>61444704

Wrong. I present you with the the real GOAT
>>
>>61444950

forgot the picture
>>
>>61444973
8/10 album, FETO is 9/10 for me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.