[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come from an alternate universe where Pet Sounds was released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1445554967612.png (2 MB, 936x913) Image search: [Google]
1445554967612.png
2 MB, 936x913
I come from an alternate universe where Pet Sounds was released in 1926 AMA
>>
Did they put out Smile as their follow up in 1927? If so, how was it received?
>>
>>61424230
Indeed they did.

Pet Sounds obviously totally shocked the hell out of everyone considering literally nothing like it had been heard before, but quite a few people liked it (including George Gershwin!) and it's production and sound quality was unanimously praised.

SMiLE was released the year after, pretty much as it appeared on Disc 1 of the SMiLE Sessioss but with the additons from the Brian Wilson version included. Reactions were a lot more mixed but in the time since, it's been considered but almost everybody to be the greatest album ever made.

After this their releases go in a completely different order. Love You was their next album followed by Surf's Up, then Sunflower, followed by Wild Honey, then Smiley Smile, then Friends, then Carl And The Passions, then Today, then 20/20, then Adult/Child, then Holland, and finally years later, That's Why God Made The Radio. Summer Days was also released before Pet Sounds, but as sort of a demo tape to show record companies
>>
File: 516DZMQ1MGL.jpg (35 KB, 293x300) Image search: [Google]
516DZMQ1MGL.jpg
35 KB, 293x300
>>61424353
Does the greatest album of all time (pic related) still exist in your timeline? If so when/how did it come about?
>>
>>61424668
Bumping for this even though it's only been 4 minutes.
>>
>>61424668
Yes, but it came out in 1998.

Basically imagine the current music scene only the Beach Boys were always a 10/10 band but they existed from the mid 20's-early 50's then reunited 78 for one last album/concert, and every influential musical artist since the 40's has cited The Beach Boys as a major influence

Also, Good Vibrations is about Zelda Fitzgerald and Surf's Up is about Ernest Hemingway
>>
>>61424831
>every influential musical artist since the 40's has cited The Beach Boys as a major influence
In what way were the greatest band of all time, Neutral Milk Hotel, influenced by the Beach Boys in your timeline?
>>
>>61424198
What happened to the Beatles?
>>
these threads are fucking retarded
>>
>>61424929

>>61424940
Still regarded as one of the greatest bands ever, only now they cite Beach Boys as their biggest influence

>>61424956
I am only here to educate

>>61424929
Jeff Mangum was inspired by the trials and tribulations of Brian Wilson and company and based his unbashed style of lyric writing on the very personal and down to earth lyrics seen in Pet Sounds and the vague metaphorical lyrics of SMiLE
>>
With Pet Sounds released in 20's that must've changed how all music after it sounded back then too, right? You've mentioned The Beatles, but I can't believe what they did (in our universe) wasn't done quickly after the Beach Boys were doing their things. Were The Beatles also a 20's band? Was the music timeline just shoved forward? Did you have Elvis Prestley in your universe?

Also, are there any genres not yet developed here that you guys have? What's on the radio in your universe?
>>
>>61424353
What did James Joyce think of it
>>
>>61425386
See while The Beach Boys did attain some measure of popularity, they were just so different that nobody else really could do what they were doing, and for the most part it was mostly the really really artsy crowd that appreciated them, it wasn't until the 40's that music with clear Beach Boys influences came around and then in the 60's all the artists like The Beatles were inspired by them and such, so basically music has progressed pretty much the same way except for the obvious Beach Boys being a 20's band thing

>>61425413
Finnigan's Wake was his attempt to make a book the same way SMiLE was made
>>
Beaches weren't even invented in 1928 you idiot
>>
>>61424198
Does the Velvet Underground exist?
>>
>>61425537
Yes, but Pink Floyd doesn't

>>61425522
I know they were invented in 1925
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.