[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old were you when you finally understood that he's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: brain will sun.jpg (140 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
brain will sun.jpg
140 KB, 1401x788
How old were you when you finally understood that he's the greatest songwriter of all time, never to be eclipsed again?
>>
>Listens to pet Sounds once
>>
File: phil_spector_based.jpg (202 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
phil_spector_based.jpg
202 KB, 1200x720
>'You have to conquer yourself,' he said (he being Spector), 'and take control of yourself. I make fun of a lot of people, like Brian Wilson, because they don't have control over themselves. I think they're largely phonies. They use their illness as an excuse. I have no mercy for that.' But Wilson, I said, idolized him ('I said', being the author Mick Brown) 'I know. He does interviews; he writes his autobiography about me. I know, I know, I know.' He shrugged. 'It's sad, you know, but I don't know whether you can feel sorry for untalented people. Maybe he's not that talented. Maybe he's overrated. Maybe. Jimi Hendrix was not overrated. Janis Joplin was not overrated. I feel sorry that they died, because they shouldn't have. They should have been a little smarter. Brian Wilson outlived his brothers for God's fucking sake. How do you figure that? Carl Wilson - pretty bright guy. Dennis - pretty silly guy; y'know, a muppet. And Brian outlives them? But maybe Brian wasn't that talented to begin with, and we're burdening him with that. We make these people more than they are. I don't feel sorry for Brian Wilson; I never thought he was that talented to begin with. I'm glad he idolizes; I wish that Jimi Hendrix idolized me. I heard he did. I'd be more impressed if somebody with a brain idolized me.' I told him that when I had met Brian Wilson he had talked of perhaps wanting to be produced by Spector. He smiled. The idea was clearly preposterous.
>>
>>61391294
Surf's Up is better, so get fucked nerd
>>
>>61391314
Phil mad how Brian was not only a better producer but could also actually write and perform the music
>>
>>61391314
Based Phil, he knew Brian was an untalented hack.
>>
>>61391283
MAMA'S LITTLE BABY LOVES SHORTNIN SHORTNIN
>>
>Who is George Gershwin?
>Who is Robert Schumann?
>Who is Francis Poulenc?
>Who is Cole Porter?
>Who is Richard Rodgers?
>Who is Gabriel Faure?
>Who is Harry Warren?

Until Brian Wilson writes a song as good as Someone to Watch Over Me, Dichterliebe or Apres un reve he will always be scraping for the top 10
>>
>>61391315
>listens to Surf's Up once
>>
>>61391314
>is a murderer
>>
File: 1318036463823.jpg (143 KB, 1030x1020) Image search: [Google]
1318036463823.jpg
143 KB, 1030x1020
>>61391314

>it's a real quote
>>
>>61391681
I can't remember if Brian changed them but the lyrics to the original tune are frickin scary
Basically little kids die unless they eat that shortenin bread
>>
>>61391314
brian wilson blown the FUCK out
>>
>>61392120
Are there more music pepes?
>>
>>61391283
>who is Irving Berlin, Duke Ellington, Burt Bacharach and Neil Diamon
get lost pleb
>>
>>61391314
No one outside of Phil and his cult believe this
>>
He's not. Stop memeing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.