[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 14
File: space is only noise.jpg (82 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
space is only noise.jpg
82 KB, 319x319
What are your ultimate growers /mu/? Albums that either took a long ass time to click or you sorta liked them from the start slowly became all-time faves.

>pic related
Sat in my library for 3 years or so but recently discovered how fantastic it is. Similar thing happened with Public Strain last year.
>>
File: 61GO1XTx66L._SY355_.jpg (9 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
61GO1XTx66L._SY355_.jpg
9 KB, 355x355
>taylor swift - red

I always liked her for years, sort of a 'guilty pleasure' and this too when it came out, but this year I went from occasionally listening to it to being completely obsessed with it. Maybe the novelty of listening to girly pop wore off, because it doesn't give off that same feeling I once had whenever I listened to her, but I love it in a different way now, and made me relisten to all of her stuff again. It's tied with third album as my favourite from her.

>pink floyd - the dark side of the moon

I was a contrarian shithead and I hated it for being so popular, and I hated that album art. I hated the lyrics "oh yeah, 'run rabbit run/dig that hole/forget the sun' real deep", and for not actually being an album about the moon (I seriously thought it was going to be). I just wanted to keep loving Meddle, mostly because of it's relative obscurity.But now I'm a little bit older, the lyrics actually start to make sense (specifically Breathe), and for now it's my favourite PF album. I think I fell in love with the production, too, especially on the first track, which has like, seven layers of guitar and two lap steels.

>Portishead - Third
I got into this because Machine Gun was used on the Metro Last Light trailer, but that was the only track I could enjoy from it. Dunno, maybe just repeated listens changed my mind, but it's defiantly in my top ten now.
>>
>>61386341
I really hate saying this, I really do, but one time my and some friends were pretty stoned and decided fuck it we're gonna listen to DSOTM high as fuck and see what the hype is with the "lol 420 I listen to Marley and Floyd with dank kush". I already loved the record but that one night I was high it was a totally different experience. The production on album is 10/10, I could hear all the space between instruments and sounds, my mind was spinning out of control. But whatever you get the point, the production on dark side is truly unbelievable.

Haven't been blue pilled on portishead though, still waiting for the day they'll click for me.
>>
File: tg20jfg.jpg (81 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
tg20jfg.jpg
81 KB, 480x480
took me a year I think
>>
>>61386621
This honestly feels really stupid to say, but I think Darkside kind of needs to be listened high if you want to appreciate it fully. I know it happened with me too.
I've always loved the record, and especially the production like you mentioned, but a few years back after a long break from weed I decided I'd try listening to it again high for the first time after turning 16 or something & I was completely blown away.

I still listen to it occasionally, not as frequently as before but it definitely is one of my fav records of all time.
>>
File: unknown-pleasures-album-cover.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unknown-pleasures-album-cover.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
Pic related. For the longest time I couldn't understand how people listened to Joy Division, but at some point in the last six months I really started liking them for whatever reason.
>>
File: gybeinf.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
gybeinf.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
kind of obvious
>>
File: 624.jpg (44 KB, 573x564) Image search: [Google]
624.jpg
44 KB, 573x564
it's now my favourite metal album
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1200x1200
At first I thought she wasn't my cup of tea
But good god now she's my biggest guilty pleasure
>>
File: cover.jpg (118 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
118 KB, 1500x1500
never got the praise of this album when it first came out. but a friend of mine had "brutal" playing when I was at his house after my ex-gf left me and everything in that song just described how I felt. and after that it clicked
been a huge dean blunt ever since. still think it's his best album IMO.
>>
File: In-The-Absence-Of-Truth-cover.jpg (190 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
In-The-Absence-Of-Truth-cover.jpg
190 KB, 953x953
Started with this album, meh'ed, found out Oceanic(still my favourite), but listened more and more to this one too. Perfect drum sound and groove, PERFECT SNARE SOUND, perfect human-atomic-bomb-clip, almost flawless.
>>
File: spiderland.jpg (22 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
spiderland.jpg
22 KB, 600x600
I've had it for many years and always thought it sounded good or at least interesting, but really I didn't get it. I thought it was just a mostly subdued rock album with a dark atmosphere.

Then I got older and lonelier, and one day I was just in the right mood and goddamn.
>>
File: video brolo.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
video brolo.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>61387497
It's pretty good, though I like Under a Funeral Moon more. Pic related is the album I like the most atm.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 400x346
At first I thought it was just generic lo-fi rock.. But when I listened more carefully and payed attention to the lyrics I saw what people meant. And when I found out the context of when it was released and how influential they were, my mind was blown.
>>
File: eda2e860.jpg (307 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
eda2e860.jpg
307 KB, 1024x1024
>>
>>61386042
good on you for appreciating that gem. his discography is fucking great, but "space is only noise" is his best
>>
>>61389290
second this
>>
File: MI0002555457.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0002555457.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
Loved the first and second track immediately but I thought the rest was so boring for the longest time. Then, song by song, I uncovered its greatness.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.