[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comedian Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: PFT.jpg (66 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
PFT.jpg
66 KB, 500x331
Post favorite comedians

>Pic related
>David Cross
>Bill Burr
>Louis CK
>John Mulaney
>>
>>61342178
Also

>Stewart Lee
>Chris Morris
>Dylan Moran

>inb4 entry level Brit bongs
>>
>>61342178
I'm not a huge fan of stand-up comedy and absolutely loathe elder fedoragods whining on stage.
That being said.
>Dave Chappelle
>Eddie Murphy
That's it.
>>
File: DaveChappelle.jpg (51 KB, 378x414) Image search: [Google]
DaveChappelle.jpg
51 KB, 378x414
>>61342178
>Pic related
>Louis CK
>Doug Stanhope
>Billy Connolly
>Frankie Boyle
>George Carlin
>Pete Holmes
>Sean Lock
>Jimmy Carr
>Milton Jones
>Steve Coogan
>David Mitchell
>Russell Howard
>Lee Evans
>Brian Conley
>Dara O'Briain
>Michael McIntyre
>Patton Oswalt
>Conan O'Brien
>Katherine Ryan
>Reginald D. Hunter
>Iliza Shlesinger
>Adam Conover
>Diane Morgan
>Limmy

Also, while not technically considered a "Comedian" in the traditional sense, I'm also a big fan of Charlie Brooker.
>>
steven wright
>>
>>61342459
>Russell Howard
>Lee Evans
>Michael McIntyre

gross
>>
>>61342459
>Russell Howard
>>
>God Tier

Stewart Lee
Tom Scharpling

>Shit Tier

Everyone else.
>>
Bill Burr
Hot Saucerman
Doug Stanhope
John Mulaney
Louis C.K. during his Hilarious era. Season one of Louie is one of my favorite seasons of television ever. I don't like him that much anymore (his standup has gotten kind of predictable and the show is too artsy for my tastes)
>>
Stewart Lee and Louis CK are my #1s because I'm a faggot cuck

I don't really think Bill Hicks was all that great tho so maybe there's some hope

I like that one Dave Chapelle bit 'how old is 15 really', never really seen much else of him

I am brit and I do enjoy our general panel show fodder in that setting, but most of them are pretty poor at actual standup. Dara O'Briain is a cut above the rest, his shows are great

Oh yeah, Eddie Izzard was legendary until the early 00s. Around Sexie he just fucking lost it completely but I think Dress to Kill is one of the most legendary standup DVDs ever
>>
File: fedora.png (126 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
126 KB, 320x263
>>61342459
>George Carlin
>>
>>61342502
Sometimes a dumb laugh can just be a dumb laugh. Nothing wrong with that. It's pretty much the whole appeal of Lee Evans' whole "Sweaty Chimp Boy" persona. Though I really do have to be in a certain mood for it. More often than not my tastes lean a bit more towards the blunter, grimmer stuff that you'd get with the likes of Stanhope, Carlin, Boyle or CK, but again, it really just depends on my mood. It's why most of that list is so varied.

McIntyre is admittedly a bit of a pompous cunt who tries to do the goofy Lee Evans style to lesser effect but he's still had some strong moments for me. One that springs to mind instantly is his story about accidentally smashing a Wii controller off of his little kid's face.

>>61342516
I would recommend watching his stand-up that is just him rather than any of his stuff on Mock the Week or that Good News show where he's just overreacting to stupid news stories and YouTube clips. His material works far better when he's just given a longer format with which he can gain some momentum that isn't broken up by other comedians and videos.
>>
>>61342178
burr
louis
mark normand
joe list
ari shaffir
maron
joey diaz
cock blockerman
ron funches
moshe kasher
pete holmes
maria bamford
bobby lee
kurt metzger
>>
>>61342586
>Dress to Kill

My man. I knew about that when I was younger because my parents were really into Eddie when I was younger. Surprisingly I found a David Cross interview and he hated Eddie
>>
File: 9183279_sa.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9183279_sa.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
is it bad to listen to pop radio in 2015
>>
>>61343109
no

thanks for asking
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.