[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far and away the most overrated release in rock history. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Front.jpg (49 KB, 1635x1485) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
49 KB, 1635x1485
Far and away the most overrated release in rock history. How this overbloated, indulgent, meandering mess gets so many 9s and 10s I will never understand.

Name more than 6 good songs on this album, I fucking dare you.
>>
What did you kill?
>>
File: 1449445993358.jpg (113 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1449445993358.jpg
113 KB, 768x768
>How this overbloated, indulgent, meandering mess gets so many 9s and 10s I will never understand.

Because it says "The Beatles" on the cover.
>>
>>61354315
>Happiness is a Warm Gun
>Dear Prudence
>Back in the USSR
>Julia
>Martha My Dear
>While My Guitar Gently Weeps
>Blackbird
>Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
>Mother Nature's Son
>Sexy Sadie
>Helter Skelter
>Long, Long, Long
>Cry Baby Cry
>>
>>61354612
>uses an anime image
>thinks his opinion matters
>>
Not even the most overrated Beatles album
>>
Haha nice try fag
>>
>>61354315
You can say exactly the same for Trout Mask Replica. If you just can't appreciate it, you should listen to other music

White Album is the most hard-to-get-into album by the beatles
>>
>>61355345
> complains about anime image
> on an anime image board
>>
>>61355303

these exactly actually

well done anon
>>
>>61355303
Half of that is an alright list but a lot of those tracks are filler garbage
>>
>>61355459

which ones do you think are "filler garbage"?
>>
>>61355362
What is? Don't say Sgt. Pepper's because that's wrong.

>>61355363
S-sorry George.

>>61355381
Don't even imply that any Beatles album is hard to get into, let alone compare them to fucking TMR. The technicality of TMR blows out anything the Beatles ever wrote, barring harmonic structure (which both Paul and John had an extremely powerful natural grasp of).

>>61355303
I can agree with maybe half of this, but you can't be fucking serious with Back in the USSR and Why Don't We Do It in the Road.
>>
>>61355499
I was going to say Abbey Road but Sgt. Pepper's is up there too
>>
THE
>>
fact
>>
>>61355499
Why Don't We Do It in the Road is based tho. USSR isn't amazing but it's a nice throwback rock n roll track
>>
I'm great
Paul sucks btw
>>
>>61355499
>muh technics

>I'll play completely coordinated notes that will end up sounding totally random, so I must be considered a genius for that

>haha guys, you totally thought it was random, but it's not! it was all planned!!!

>Captain Beefheart was a misunderstood genius!!!!

literal autism, I do recognise there are songs that helped to create genres like MANY bands, and that's it.

Trout Mask Replica is overrated
>>
>>61355530
At least Abbey Road is cohesive, and the medley on side B is mint. Side A is spotty as fuck but it's got one of Paul and George's best, plus Because.

I'd call it the 2nd most overrated late Beatles album, and Sgt. Pepper's the third.

>>61355652
You are an idiot if you think that just because it sounds weird means it isn't hard as fuck to play.

I don't even care about complexity or technicality that much and barely spin TMR, but comparing anything in the Beatles' discography is outright fucking stupid. It's fucking pop music.
>>
>>61355700
Yeah like I want to put a underwear on my head and play that nonsense bullshit so bad, so i can be the most avant-garde artist ever, right?

put Revolution 9 and She Loves You on the table. do these two sound the same? I'm afraid not
>>
>>61355875
Kid, are you fucking serious?

Blatantly inaccurate disparaging comment on TMR aside, the fact that you're sitting here pulling the "MUH REVOLUTION 9" card tells me you need to go right the fuck back to reddit. Musique concrete wasn't a new thing in popular music at the time; it wasn't even a new thing to the Beatles by 1968. Revolution 9 is meaningless noodling and John's experimental side at its absolute worst.
>>
>>61355927
I picked up Rev 9 cause we're talking about the white album, right?

>"the fact"
>"back to reddit"

this is why I can't take /mu/ people seriously
>>
>>61355927
Disagree with the idea it's meaningless noodling. It's pretty interesting in its execution and actually has a concept to it.It's actually one of the strongest examples of Musique Concrete for its time
>>
>>61355996
>>"the fact"

What the fuck is wrong with this? Because scaruffi said it? Holy shit, grow a brain dude.
>>
File: what the actual fuck.jpg (74 KB, 335x478) Image search: [Google]
what the actual fuck.jpg
74 KB, 335x478
>>61355927
>>
>>61355489

>Dear Prudence
>Julia
>Martha My Dear
>Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
>Sexy Sadie
>Long, Long, Long
>>
>>61356095
>this drooling image macro response

Reddit took over this topic pretty quickly. Guess I should have expected this since it's a Beatles thread. Such an engaging band to talk about until you try talking to idiots about them.
>>
File: uh.gif (1 MB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
uh.gif
1 MB, 256x325
>>61356107
The only filler, that is also a damn good filler, is why don't we do it in the road

long, long, long filler?

>>61356135
When no words can describe other people's bullshit, Paul's face can do it perfectly
>>
File: bjlp2cyt.jpg (225 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
bjlp2cyt.jpg
225 KB, 600x591
>>61356107
What the fuck I hope this is a joke
>>
>>61356187
>When no words can describe other people's bullshit, Paul's face can do it perfectly

Translation: when I don't have an argument, my collection of saved images of a musician will suffice (or so I tell myself).
>>
>>61354315
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I Will
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
Everybody's Got Something To Hide...
Dear Prudence
Martha My Dear
Julia
>>
>>61356230
I do recommend you to have yours eyes checked, someone had already replied to you, see >>61356004
>>
File: 1449201414182.jpg (14 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
1449201414182.jpg
14 KB, 250x272
>>61356107
>filler garbage
>starts with Dear Prudence
>>
>>61355927
>"I don't have an argument so I'm going to tell him to go back to reddit, it's foolproof!"
>>
>>61356314
>someone argued for me ,check it out!

>>61356345
Maybe if it wasn't so brazenly obvious that you were reddit.
>>
>>61355652
>>Captain Beefheart was a misunderstood genius!!!!
TMR was praised in its time...
>>
>>61356686

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_Mask_Replica
>>
>>61356728
>misunderstanding what he was saying
>getting a screenshot of one line from wikipedia rather than just copypasting it

Now this is autism.
>>
>>61356360
>"ok it'll work this time, I guarantee it"
>>
>>61356230
It's a fucking imageboard who even cares
Also calling the Beatles overrated has been done a million times, you aren't special
>>
>>61356827
>bro who even cares lol

And who ever said I want to be special? People call the Beatles overrated because they are.
>>
>>61355381
Did you seriously just suggest that the white album is 2deep4u?
>>
>>61356860
Yes they are, and they're still good, so again, who cares?
If you care that much go jack off to Scaruffi's Beatles rant
>>
>>61356937
>being this dismissive of discussion

Why are you even fucking here, reddit?
>>
>>61355303
>Revolution 9
>>
>>61356728
uhh I don't think you know what "praised" means anon
>>
The double album The Beatles (November 1968), very similar in spirit to the Byrds' Notorious Byrd Brothers (June 1968), is a disorganized heap of incongruous ideas. No other Beatles album had ever been so varied and eclectic. Their new "progressive" libido found an outlet in blues-rock (Rocky Raccoon, Why Don't We Do It In The Road), and especially the giddy hyper-boogies (Birthday and Helter Skelter). As a consequence of this fragmented inspiration, the record includes a cornucopia of genres: classical (Piggies, a rare moment of genius from Harrison, a baroque sonata performed with the sarcastic humour of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, with a melody borrowed from Stephane Grappelli's Eveline), acoustic folk (Blackbird), the campfire sing-a-long (Bungalow Bill), ballads (Cry Baby Cry - one of their best piano progressions), the usual vaudeville-style parade (Don't Pass Me By, Martha My Dear, Obladi Oblada), and melodic rock (While My Guitar Gently Weeps, the jewel of their tunefulness). The album wraps up with a long jam, more or less avantgarde, (Revolution No. 9, co-written by John Lennon and Yoko Ono) two years after everybody else, and three years after the eleven minutes of Goin' Home, by the Stones.

The so called White Album sampled the mood change of rock music toward a simpler and more traditional way to make music. It was released three months after Sweetheart Of The Rodeo by the Byrds, which in turn had followed Dylan's John Wesley Harding. It is also an album that reflects the passing of Brian Epstein.
>>
>>61357070
I may be wrong, but I think you're suggesting that The Beatles are supposed to be the masterband that creates everything with absolutely no influences and can't be influenced by other people's music because that'd be a flaw for them
>>
>>61354315
Name more than 6 bad songs on this album
>>
>>61355433
>claims it's an anime board
>actually a music board
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.