[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ confessions. I'll start This is up there in my top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Tapestry.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tapestry.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
/mu/ confessions. I'll start

This is up there in my top three favorite albums of all time
>>
I discovered a majority of my favorite artists through Grand Theft Auto 5
>>
I own a record player but it isn't an AT-LP120
>>
i like the grateful dead's studio material a lot, but can't stand half an album of their live stuff

i think that sublime's first two LPs are great music

tom waits is one of my favorite musicians but his later stuff tends to be too experimental for me and i wish i liked it a lot more than i actually do

i only like one prince song but still like to imagine that i'm a fan

i have so much contemporary classical music downloaded, yet i find near-impossible to motivate myself to listen to it

i think that modern radio-pop is literally disgusting and have no issues thinking significantly less of people for enjoying something like Taylor Swift even though it's "fedora" to care or something
>>
>>61273723
OP here, I own a record player to that isn't a AT-LP120. Mine is a Rotel-RP500 that my dad used to own when he was my age
>>
Taylor Swift is probably in my top ten maybe even five, and one of the oldest artists in my library.

For the longest time I really thought that Swans were a country music band

Sometimes I just buy albums because they're cheap, or have cool artwork.

I don't know why I keep coming back to /mu/. I don't like you people and I really only listen to the same ten bands/artists/albums over and over again.
>>
I boast I saw my favourite band live when I was a teenager but in reality, I wasn't into them back then and I stayed home.

I did see my THEN favourite band live, but I lie about the other one all the time because it's so believable. I could and should have went to any number of shows given they were from my home town, but I guess I was just into twee and alternative then and that's that.
>>
>>61273784
OP here again, I do the same thing with buying albums if they're cheap or have cool artwork

I can get them for a dollar each though through my aunt's business though so it doesn't really hurt my wallet any
>>
One of my top 5 albums of all time is the Lilo & Stitch soundtrack. I also fucking love Taylor Swift's music especially her past few albums.
>>
I don't listen to any music I rate on RYM.

I don't listen to any music I scrobble on last.fm

I think classical and jazz are actually shit genres but tell people I listen to it anyways.

I shitpost under 3 different trips on this board.
>>
>>61273925
I like you anon
>>
>>61273723
>>61273760
I don't own a record player
>>
most of the music I identify with is videogame music & chiptune even though I listen to a shit ton of regular music as well

shut up and dance is honestly one of the greatest songs love songs I've ever heard
>>
my top scrobbled artist is kanye west by a large margin
>>
>>61274080
>shut up and dance

One of the greatest songs created, period.
>>
>>61273724
>i like the grateful dead's studio material a lot, but can't stand half an album of their live stuff
That's perfectly fine, I do too
>>
>>61274094
What's your favorite of his albums?
>>
I don't understand the hype around carrie & lowell, it's just a depressed guy singing about his dead mom with a lot of extremely pretentious lyrics
>>
>>61273987
I hope you die
>>
>>61274102
late registration, probably. it's just the natural evolution of college dropout.

college dropout has the nostalgia factor, graduation is decent pop, i really respect 808s even though i don't like it that much, and MBDTF is MBDTF
>>
>>61274125
you forgot yeezus
>>
I love 3rd-wave Post Rock
>>
>>61274133
I know
>>
I've never purchased any music in my life. I like music sung by cute Korean girls
>>
I've listened to one /mu/core album and I fucking despise 90% of "indie" music
>>
>>61273700
I'm not a huge fan of pet sounds. I appreciate it as a well written album and for its immense contribution to recorded music, but I just don't dig it that much. I prefer Sgt. Peppers.
>>
I think The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin are shit.
>>
>>61274440
Zeppelin? Really? The others i can understand.
>>61273700
My top 3 favorite albums are all Tool albums.
>Lateralus, 10,000 Days and Aenima.
I dont like the Beatles.
I cant really listen to anything besides Tool anymore.
>>
>>61274649
>Zeppelin? Really? The others i can understand.
Not him but Zeppelin is easily the shittiest out of those
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.