[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DEV GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 23
File: 2345234523.png (566 KB, 642x709) Image search: [Google]
2345234523.png
566 KB, 642x709
http://pitchfork.com/news/57845-diiv-issue-statement-on-bassists-inexcusable-4chan-posts-discussing-his-future-in-the-band/

>Devin's Twitter
https://twitter.com/sserpent/with_replies

>Marcel's Alternate Twitter
https://twitter.com/samantha_s_1278/with_replies

>Zachary Cole's Twitter
https://twitter.com/DIIV/with_replies
>>
I'm just so happy this is happening.
>>
devin is so based
>>
>>52150610 (other thread)
It's funny that you seem to think there is one person involved in all of the harassment. Why would one person being arrested change anything? Are you that naive to think this? I can't believe that because you obviously frequent one of the cesspools where you're parroting this shit.

Perhaps you don't understand why these women are speaking out, but it's because life for a woman in any of the STEM fields is fucking horrible and all the /v/irgin neckbeards who harass them make their lives a living hell. You want them to be good girls and shut up about it so they can silently take the harassment and women can feel intimidated on speaking out against the harassment they received.

It's pretty telling though that you're here complaining about women speaking out against harassment and not the legions of people who think it's okay to dox people and sent death/rape threats.

I don't give a shit about your anecdote.

Fuck off with the Lena Dunham thing. Barry was a pseudonym and you faggots are too dumb to figure that out. She doesn't have to press charges, many women who are raped don't. Don't fucking tell victims how they should deal with their trauma. If she pressed charges you faggots would just be trying to discredit her claims. Women can't win for people like you unless they shut the fuck up like obedient women should.
>>
>>52150830
got btfo by marcel
>>
File: 1418679951592.png (1 MB, 1189x1293) Image search: [Google]
1418679951592.png
1 MB, 1189x1293
Daily reminder Macel is the one behind all this.

Posted the same exact thing on his Twitter as his sexisminmusicblog

All because Devin jokingly made fun of him in a thread

Marcel needs to be blacklisted from the music industry. If you do not agree to do an interview with him, he will do everything he can to try to destroy your career.
>>
EVERY TIME YOU POST IN ONE OF THESE THREADS YOU ENCOURAGE /V/TARDS, /POL/TARDS AND UNDERAGE AUTISTS TO MAKE THEMSELVES COMFORTABLE ON /MU/
REPORT AND HIDE THESE THREADS AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR DAY
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
>>
Is it weird that I'm attracted to Dev?
>>
File: BRAVO MARCEL.png (146 KB, 1376x608) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO MARCEL.png
146 KB, 1376x608
>>52150830
>https://twitter.com/samantha_s_1278/with_replies
>Samantha's account was made the day Vice published their article about Devin
>every tweet is about Devin
>Samantha has the exact same writing style as Marcel
>Marcel seriously excepts us to be dumb enough to not realize he's Samantha
>>
>>52150903
for the last fucking time it's not because he disagreed to do an interview with him

its because marcel was upset at the racist /misogynist / homophobic things he said. he was just being a SJW not a brat.

>inb4 ur le marcel xD
>>
>>52150903
>calling someone out for being a sexist/racist
>snitch

You guys are seriously such fucking losers, get a grip on reality.
>>
>>52150903
we really need to do something to fuck with this kid
>>
>>52150920

/v/tards and /pol/tards are welcome with open arms.

Also using "autists" as an insult shows you belong on /b/.

Your post itself is a modable offense.
>>
>>52150929
>he was just being a SJW not a brat.
That's just as terrible though. Either way he's trying to ruin an innocent man's life for no good reason.
>>
>>52150929
Sorry, since when is being upset by racism / misogyny / homophobia grounds for being an SJW?
>>
>>52150947
I just posted this in the other thread but you should read it too:

THe point is nobody gives those words a second look on 4chan. They have 0 shock factor here. I doubt most of the people here talk like that IRL. I certainly dont. I dont actually say nigger or faggot to anybody except right now to explain this to you. Dev's only mistake is posting that kind of shit with a trip on a site that has an archive. Also funnily enough its mostly white people getting butthurt over this. I was talking about this to a friend of mine who's black and he was laughing about how white people get riled up over inconsequential shit when there are larger issues with racism and sexism to focus on instead of a man posting on 4chan
>>
>>52150958
see>>52150947
>>
>>52150929
>>>inb4 ur le marcel xD

Posting "inb4 le marcel XD" does not clear you of being Marcel, Marcel.

Seriously, fuck off. You're not old enough to post here
>>
>>52150947
>>52150963
>>52150968
Hi Marcel.
>>
>>52150903
>he is well known on /vg/, which stands for video games
o i am laffin
>>
>>52150830
Holy shit, why call it devgate? This is just some small scandal, not some gigantic conspiracy. It will probably blow over in a few days if people here would just ignore it. Zach seems to be still on good terms with Devin, he's disappointed but they're still friends. But people will continue to say stupid shit, send more emails to Marcel's mom, and then it will be as inflated as gamergate. Nobody wants that shit.
>>
>>52150963
>>Sorry, since when is being upset by racism / misogyny / homophobia grounds for being an SJW?

When you only get offended when a white/white-passing straight male does it and give absolutely 0 shits if black people (mainly, meme rappers) do it.

It shows they don't actually care about any of that stuff, they just need a vehicle to direct their strong hate towards straight white males towards.
>>
File: disturbed_devin.png (2 MB, 1028x706) Image search: [Google]
disturbed_devin.png
2 MB, 1028x706
OOOH, DEVIN, WON'T GO TO HEAVEN
HE'S JUST ANOTHER LOST SOUL ABOUT TO BE MINE AGAIN
LEAVE HIM, WE WILL RECEIVE HIM
AND IT IS BEYOND YOUR CONTROL, WILL YOU EVER MEET AGAIN
>>
>>52150965
It wasn't ALL on 4chan though see >>52150903

Dev is just in complete damage control mode right now watching every fucking word he says because he knows if he fucks up one more time it's literally over for him.
>>
>>52150963
when you pick and choose who can and can't/won't be held up to those standards
>>
File: A letter about Marcel.jpg (74 KB, 1063x332) Image search: [Google]
A letter about Marcel.jpg
74 KB, 1063x332
Some brave anon sent Marcel's mom this email a couple of days ago. Did the anon ever tell us how she responded?
>>
>>52150854

Me too. Marcel confirmed Media Master Trollâ„¢ stirring the /mu/ pot Glenn Beck style.
>>
has Dev returned to /mu/?
>>
File: not marcell.jpg (80 KB, 586x493) Image search: [Google]
not marcell.jpg
80 KB, 586x493
>>52150903

don't forget when he admitted to being behind it and then deleted the tweets and backpedaled so he wouldnt get trolled
>>
>>52150997
That anon didn't mention rappers.

He's right though, you're defending some edgy /b/-tier trip from a band no one cares about being able to say nigger on a chinese cartoon board. To any normal people (ie. not posting on 4chan) you instantly look like a huge moron.
>>
File: Marcel the snitch.png (65 KB, 697x696) Image search: [Google]
Marcel the snitch.png
65 KB, 697x696
>>52151045
>>
>>52151019
>playing nerd card games with people from 4chan
I doubt those people were shocked too. They were most likely capping those pics cause they beat a trip and he was buttblasted.

You're grasping at straws m8
>>
File: 1377660880423.gif (435 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1377660880423.gif
435 KB, 420x315
>>52150830
>"Devin acknowledges what he did is very wrong. 4chan is a poisonous place. It's the bowels of the internet."
>>
What the fuck is this even? What's the story behind this shit?
>>
>>52150830

I don't really care about the guy but i find it bullshit that because he's famous he can't say what he wants without being labeled something EEEEVVIIIIIL and (oh lord save us from this stupidity) anti-feminist.
>>
oh god here goes these fucking video game nerds again. both sides are fucking retards
>>
>>52151101
>4chan is a poisonous place. It's the bowels of the internet. A place where Devin lost sight of what's remotely appropriate and what isn't. Racial slurs and sexist remarks are practically what comprise the entirety of the site. It's important to examine the context of his comments, not to excuse them, but rather because it is a place that breeds, proliferates, and encourages dark and violent ideologies disguised as humor.
>>
virtually all of the proof /mu/ has assembled against marcel or meredith or whomever is a very good example of confirmation bias

instead of trying to harass a 14 year old kids mother, why don't you do something useful with your life. you're defending a guy who calls people nigger cunt kike faggots on the internet.

have to laugh though at all the people getting permabanned from RYM for harassing marcel
>>
File: bravo marcel 2.png (41 KB, 645x348) Image search: [Google]
bravo marcel 2.png
41 KB, 645x348
>>52150929
he posted this like 2 days before the whole thing happened too and then tried to get p4k, cos, vice etc. to credit him for bringing the whole thing to light. This nigger just did it to advertise his own shitty music/blog but realized p4k and Co. don't give a shit about crediting him. You can hardly say it was just because he was outraged at what dev said.
>>52150958
and marcel did have a "good reason" to ruin dev's career, to attempt to advance his own
>>
>>52151047

No, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people acting like they're offending by this are the same people who give 0 shits when meme rappers have lyrics 100x more degrading/homophobic/misogynistic on on the regular.

SJWs hate white males, period. They don't care about anything else.
>>
>>52151140
>It needs to be exposed. It's lurking just beneath the surface and it's everywhere. Every journalist covering this story has a responsibility to expose 4chan for what it is.
>>
>>52151143
>b-be nice or else!

fucking kill yourself redditor faggot. now more than ever free speech is important. all fucking niggers must fucking hang.
>>
>>52151143
>giving an artist's albums low ratings on RYM is harassment
Idiots like you have made the word harassment practically meaningless.
>>
>>52150882
>replying to my post twice, and once in a new thread

>Barry was a pseudonym
I mean, I guess now that the only 'Barry' it could've been was getting ready to lawyer up, they decided it was a pseudonym. In other words, there is no Barry. Other names were mentioned as being pseudonyms in her book, but not Barry. She isn't pressing charges because there were never any charges to press, not because 'people deal with trauma differently.' If she really was raped, and she isn't doing anything to make sure her rapist is punished, who the fuck cares about her trauma, the problem is that she's letting a rapist walk around in public with no consequences. She's putting other women in danger by allowing a rapist to potentially victimize other women.

Also, who was ever actually doxxed by 'gamergate'? I remember ZQ's publicly available information being posted on /gg/, and then immediately being deleted by mods, if thats what you're referring to. Or did you mean when KoP and Milo reportedly had a knife and syringe mailed to their homes? Several people who were pro-GG were actually doxxed, with the other side all publicly advocating those doxxings. Meanwhile, anytime someone on the other side was 'doxxed', nearly all of GG publicly decried it. Not to mention it was confirmed multiple times that it was the GNAA who was responsible for most of the shitflinging on both sides anyway
>>
File: Untitled.png (144 KB, 576x1070) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
144 KB, 576x1070
Marcel is getting nervous
>>
>>52151155
I think Devin's comments were stupid and insensitive and I think "meme rappers" can be degrading, homophobic and misogynistic.

What's your point? Not everyone shares the same hivemind views. I know that's hard to believe since you post on le SJW scum board, but it's true.
>>
>>52150830
lmao at stereogum comments

"If those comments don’t justify calling someone a racist/misogynist/anti-semitic than nothing short of full klan wardrobe with a contract detailing their prejudices signed in blood is racist/misogynist/anti-semitic."

http://www.stereogum.com/1724921/diiv-respond-to-controversy-over-bassists-hateful-4chan-comments/news/
>>
>>52151120
/v/tards and /pol/tards looking for a new cause now that nobody's taking Gamergate seriously anymore.
Only now instead of picking on women they're picking on some borderline retarded 14-year old kid.
>>
>>52150947
>words are actually actions, and should be punishable equally as actions
>>
File: 1418676336567.png (54 KB, 644x602) Image search: [Google]
1418676336567.png
54 KB, 644x602
soma posted this yesterday.

b
r
a
v
o
>>
>>52151196
>>>/b/
>>
>>52151213

Why are you spending your time rallying against Devin then? There are MUCH worse offenders that are prospering in the music industry right now.

Are you just going after Devin because he's an easy target and you don't actually want to fight a noble fight against much worse people? Fuck you.
>>
>>52150921
no
i am too
>>
>>52151236
fuck up, youre bending this towards your own narrative and everyone can see that you fag
>>
https://twitter.com/devindefener

U are doing God's work
>>
>>52151243
Wait what? He looped OPN and didn't do anything to it?

Link? I wanna laugh
>>
>>52151271
I don't have a narrative, I'm just calling it as I see it.
This is how /v/tards and /pol/tards behave.
>>
File: It's A strange strange world.jpg (152 KB, 800x668) Image search: [Google]
It's A strange strange world.jpg
152 KB, 800x668
I'm really loving the debate this has sparked atm, will dev be sacked? Will Marcel be revealed to be Sam Smith? Will Dev come back to 4chan.org/mu/ a 3rd time? Will Grimes say anything about her repulsiveness? Truly, I am thrilled.
>>
>>52151292
here
https://marcelfoley.bandcamp.com/track/rainforest-2
>>
Can somebody make a tumlbr page (call it narcissism-in-music or something) that explains what's happening? Not so much defending Devin (it's futile trying to explain how words like "nigger", "faggot" etc. take on a very nonchalant meaning in certain anonymous situations), but explaining how Marcel purposely trying to stir up controversy and hate against Devin not out of a desire to expose real bigotry in music, but as a passive aggressive form of revenge because Devin snubbed Marcel when he asked for an interview and later made derisive remark about him when somebody brought up Marcel during an AMA.

Someone should at least try to make a post that explains things to people outside of /mu/. They have only been seeing one side of the controversy.
>>
>>52151318
>Will Marcel be revealed to be Sam Smith
lel
>>
>>52150882
i like you
>>
>>52151329
he doesn't seem to be even trying anymore, at least slowing down Sigur Ros tracks took a little effort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNOMk9d6NI8
>>
>>52151318
he's like... a giraffe/frog hybrid
>>
>>52151374
it is truly disgusting
>>
>>52151201
No, the first edition mentioned that names and details were changed to protect identities in the fucking back of the book. You retards have reading comprehension problems so you just found the first person named Barry and made his life a living hell.

And fuck you for telling her, once again, how to handle things. Why the fuck should she do the "noble" thing so you can accuse her of making up the rape allegations? Only 3% of rapists actually face jail time. It's not her fucking job to stop rapists, how about telling the rapist to stop raping people?

And are you fucking retarded? Virtually all of GG's targets have been doxxed. This isn't difficult to look up. But I know, they're not TRUE scotsman - I mean GamerGaters... except that your movement is centralized on 2*4chan which allows doxxing. Except that your shitty movement never put it's big boy shoes on and you don't have any appointed leaders or any coherent ideology. Your shitty group is so disorganized and vague that anyone can just dismiss any shitty behaviour as not ~TRUE~ gamergators when you faggots do the awful shit you do.

And fuck off, did KoP or Milo flee their home? Who the fuck is advocating those "doxxings?" Do you realize that the anti-GG side is... ya know, everyone in the world. No one likes you. Your group has a terrible image.

Jesus christ I can't believe the bias in this shit post. All true GGers were appalled that those women were doxxed (although you've been claiming that those women were making things up... contradictory much?) while the evil SJWs rejoiced when poor neo-Nazi and former gamer hater Milo "I work for paranoid conspiracy site Briebert" Y was allegedly sent a syringe.
>>
>>52151336
>certain anonymous situations
if he was anonymous he could have said all the racist and homophobic words he wanted. he speicifcally tied his 4chan persona to his irl one, that's why he's in this position
>>
>>52151307
this is about diiv and their bassist being racist, yet you keep bringing up specific boards for......what reason?

foh and stop posting, you belong in a tumblr hugbox
>>
>>52151249
I'm not going after Devin. This anyone who doesn't suck Devin's dick is Marcel meme is getting really old.
>>
I keep telling you to stop being horrible to people with disabilities but you never listen to me

now look what you've done
>>
>>52151336
This is literally the worst thing you could possibly do.

If you goal is to make sure Devin never works in the industry again, sure, make your paranoid #MusicGate tumblr. If you actually give a shit about the frog man you'll shut the fuck up and let things go.
>>
why do people give a fuck about some random 14 year old kid
>>
/v/ and /pol/ please leave this board
>>
Anyone with a twitter just start reporting that Samantha Smith account. All that person is doing is trying to get shit started again, it's legitimately harassing to the people involved.
>>
>>52151510
he credited OPN on soundcloud since the very beginning when he put it up

he credits him on bandcamp too
>>
File: 1322794088001.jpg (21 KB, 304x288) Image search: [Google]
1322794088001.jpg
21 KB, 304x288
>>52151219
>http://www.stereogum.com/1724921/diiv-respond-to-controversy-over-bassists-hateful-4chan-comments/news/

>mfw Devin's getting kicked out of DIIV and his life is over
>>
/v/ yet again ruining another board
RIP /tv/ and /mu/, i only have /lit/ now
>>
LOL AT ZACHARY POSTING A FUCKING KURT COBAIN QUOTE AHAH
>>
>>52151318
Why does he look so soulless?
>>
>>52151581
>implying /mu/ wasn't 100% garbage maymays....
>>
>>52150882
>Perhaps you don't understand why these women are speaking out, but it's because life for a woman in any of the STEM fields is fucking horrible and all the /v/irgin neckbeards who harass them make their lives a living hell
Unless I am missing something we are talking about the music industry not the STEM fields
>>
>>52151612
Because he has no soul.
>>
I don't know what people think exposing or harassing Marcel is going to do. You might get some personal enjoyment over making a little kid cry, but you're not going to be helping Devin or /mu/ look any better.

In the real world, people don't care if someone did this to Devin out of spit. You could have undeniable proof of it (unfortunately you don't) and it still wouldn't matter. Normal people will react by wondering what that has to do with Devin saying racist and sexist things.

I know what the response is, it's 4chan, blablabla context, back to tumblr, go away marcel, etc. but I'm not talking about 4chan. I'm talking about the real world. People don't think it's okay to say nigger as long as everyone else is. They think it's fucked up.

Starting some shitty #MusicGate tier stuff against Marcel or Meredith will just show people that Devin associates with people who are a lot like the people from #GamerGate. It'll just show people that /mu/ is about excusing racism in the event that a child exposes it.

It wont make you, Devin or anyone else look good. You're delusional if you think you're doing any good here. If your goal is just to harass a kid, then sure, do it. You're fucking over Devin and you probably belong on /b/.

Now you can call me Marcel because that's a hilarious meme response.
>>
>>52151531
it is odd that smith's is the only twitter (other than diiv official , sky and dev) to appear in the stereogum article. and it was created right at the beginning of this whole thing and has only tweeted about this situation. is it actually marcel though?
>>
>>52151581
It's because they only care about video games, they're willing to shitpost on any other board if it means protecting the one thing they live for. Gamergate killed 4chan, it's over.
>>
>>52151618
yeah /mu/ was by far the worst already, now it's completely gone
>>
>>52151581
>i only have /lit/ now

/lit/'s always gonna be safe, /v/'s reading doesn't extend beyond dialogue in role-playing games
>>
>>52151257
lol I can still see it faggot
>>
>>52151626
It's definitely Marcel, their writing styles are exactly the same.
>>
I don't get it. Why is everyone hating on marcel?
>>
>>52151620
>we are talking about the music industry not the STEM fields

>Sculpture
>Theatre
>Ébauche
>Music
Idiot.
>>
>>52151625
Mrs. Foley pls
>>
>>52151384
underrated post
>>
>>52151626
idk who it belongs to, but it's fucking spam.
>bio: something
>location: anywhere
>created 3 days
shit should be deleted
>>
>>52151680
Who is Mrs. Foley?
>>
>>52151429
Right. And that sounds like a personal issue of Devin's that he feels like it's ok to use such words, even in a casual context, while representing himself and his band. While it was inappropriate, the fact is, it wasn't until Marcel purposely stirred up shit.

>>52151473
I just want to have a record of what Marcel is doing. I don't want to destroy his life or whatever, but he is callously trying to end someone's career because of a personal grudge against them. Devin has already been punished for what he posted. Marcel should not be allowed to get away scott free. It only encourages this sort of passive-aggressive, borderline sociopathic behavior that, left unchecked, would most likely destroy any chances at an actual career in his adult life.
>>
>>52151654
read ,>>52151151, >>52151066, >>52151045, >>52150903
>>
Faggot nigger faggot nigger faggot nigger faggot
I hate fags
I hate niggers
Women are human shit and only good for holding sperm
>>
>>52151417
m8 pls just stop. I'm getting tired. Investigations into the Barry shit had been going on for a couple weeks now. They only made a public apology once Barry said he was going to sue for defamation of character. IIRC, a few news outlets reached out to Dunham for comment before he lawyered up, and got nothing in return. Only 3 percent of rapists spend a day in jail when you have dumbasses like Dunham refusing to press charges, or when your criteria for rape includes shit like forced attempted kissing, or having sex after a night of drinking, which is also why 1/4 women will be raped or some nonsense.

Also, funny you should mention this, because when I google shit like 'Anita Sarkeesian doxxed' the only results I get are articles accusing her of doxxing other people.

>all of their targets have been doxxed
>name a couple
>ALL OF THEM
wow that reminds me of
>hey anita, name 3 games
>lol well I could but there's just so many
>just name 3 :^)

>who is advocating these doxxings
well, zoe quinn did multiple times, especially when mike cernovich was doxxed, and i think I remember other people like arther chu, bwu, and leigh alexander all doing the same thing.

It's not a 'no true scotsman' fallacy, because if you look at a lot of the death threats made to people like wu, especially the preliminary ones, no mention of gamergate was even made. People just conflated the two to fill their clickbait quota. Milo and KoP might not've actually been sent those things by someone else, but at least they had the knife and syringe to show for it. Nothing was sent to any anti homes, at least not that they had evidence for.

Point is, people who fly a gamergate banner while sending threats aren't GG, because GG had been about exposing and shaming shit like kotaku and gawker from the start

Lel, I bet you unironically defend islam when people say kill all muslims, because "not all muslims are terrorists!"

As much as I love feeding trolls, this is my last reply
>>
>>52151701
marcels mommy
>>
>>52150882
>but it's because life for a woman in any of the STEM fields is fucking horrible
You are trying too hard buddy. Tone it down a bit and someone might bite.
>>
>>52151701
marcel's mum
>>
>>52151642
Sorry :( I was hoping I could delete my typo before it was too late ;____;
>>
>>52151701
some hot mom
>>
>>52151710
Whats wrong with that though?
>>
>>52151712
hi devin
>>
>>52150996
telling some kids mom that he is acting out on the internet and attempting to ruin lives is different from rape threats
>>
>>52151709
I think we all know the more shit you do about marcel the worse it'll get. maybe you care about having a record, but someone else will use it to send his mom death threats or someshit.
>>
>>52151713
>>52151417
Gamergate plz go nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>52150996
>>52151769
Exactly... his parents let him browse 4chan since he's probably 10 or so. Don't point with your fucking finger at us. We're actually just trying to give their parenting a push in the right direction.
>>
Amazing how cocky people get online: >>52151066

Compared to how they are irl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgsOP-Wm18Y
>>
>>52151168
tbh this is zach's bullshit

he doesn't give a fuck about 4chan but he's freaking out over his band's PR right now

I am 99% sure the talk he had with dev wasn't about "this is not morally acceptable" but rather "how fucking stupid were you to say that publicly"
>>
All this shit is silly but I will say I'm tired of the "He's only 14-years-old" defense. I was 14 when I started browsing here. I'm 20 now. I know, that's sad, but what I'm saying is his age doesn't void all criticism by default. If these other sources actually end up being him trying to blackball this dude anonymously all of you using that argument are going to look like fools. The sad thing is it doesn't really seem like that paranoid of a theory. It's almost obvious. Also, him being 14 is his entire gimmick. A shit one at that. Don't think he would hesitate to use it as a defense.

Now time to make everything I just said worthless: Marcel creeps me out. Especially in that picture of him in the hospital.
>>
>>52151755
Because it means one of two things.

1. Marcel is responsible for cherry picking quotes and attempting to destroy Devin/DIIV, admitted it was him, tried to get credit for it, and then lied about it not being him when he saw he wasn't getting credit and he was probably going to get flamed for being a prick

2. Marcel is not responsible for cherry picking quotes and attempting to destroy Devin/DIIV, lied about being responsible for it to get fame/recognition and backpedaled when he realized it wasn't going to work.

Either way Marcel is a liar and a prick for taking responsibility for/ advocating the destruction of somebody's career to bring traffic to his blog/bandcamp/soundcloud. While Dev posting that stuff and admitting it was him was stupid it's obvious that they were cherry picked, and the only posts on the 'sexism in music' blog are about Dev, making it obvious that someone is trying to smear him.
>>
>>52151844
So? You play with fire, you get burned. Do you really think consequences have no actions? That you can just act like a shithead and get away with it?
>>
>>52151612
He's autistic. I'm being serious.
>>
>>52151713
>investigations into the Barry shit
By whom? Not by the police. Maybe by angry MRAs who are trying to disprove Lena's story for some odd reason. Why are you so obsessed with this?

Barry can sue if he wants, but he's not going to win. The book had a disclaimer that names and details were changed. It's not her fault that you're too stupid to put two and two together and realize that not everything in the book is 100% factual.

Do only 3% of rapists spend a day in jail because of "dumbasses" like Dunham or is this "dumbass" not reporting it because only 3% of rapists spend a day in jail? It's a vicious cycle friend. It's disgusting that you are able to shit on people for how they treat the trauma they receive. Let's hope you never suffer any serious trauma, but at least you'd understand how it feels.

I don't give a shit about all of the #GamerGate blogs that falsify information about Anita. Virtually everything that I've ever seen from this shitty movement is false. It started with making up a review on Kotaku and it hasn't stopped. I'm not even going to look up your bullshit blogs. You lie and manipulate information enough and no one will listen to you anymore, which is exactly what's happening.

>all of their targets have been doxxed
>name a couple
>ALL OF THEM
wow that reminds me of
>hey anita, name 3 games
>lol well I could but there's just so many
>just name 3 :^)

What in the fuck do these two things have in common?

>well, zoe quinn did multiple times, especially when mike cernovich was doxxed, and i think I remember other people like arther chu, bwu, and leigh alexander all doing the same thing.
Wow, it's awesome that you think you remember these things happening. That's awesome evidence. I'll let you pull up an extremely suspicious #GG article that I won't even read. Again, you lie 99% of the time, I'm not going to bother with your bullshit anymore.
>>
>>52151757
kek
>>
File: Marcel's mom.jpg (117 KB, 800x507) Image search: [Google]
Marcel's mom.jpg
117 KB, 800x507
>>52151701
>>
D
>>
>all these manchildren practically admitting to being GamerGaters in this thread

Just go back to /v/.
Please.
>>
>>52151948
i guess i missed this part

why are there all these photos of marcels mom?
>>
>>52151966
http://sosylvie.typepad.com/so_sylvie/2014/02/news-flash-13-year-old-music-journalist-turns-14.html#more
>>
>>52151924

Remember the good ole days when these gaming faggots used to get living shit kicked out of them in high school just for existing? Now I know why.
>>
>>52151713
>People just conflated the two to fill their clickbait quota.
Wow, what a strange coincidence. All of the the enemies of GamerGate, who were doxxed on the /gg/ board on 2*4chan, just happened to receive harassment... but they didn't even mention GamerGate in their threats!!!! Don't be fucking dense.

Again, no one needs to give you evidence of what people did or did not send to them. So your claim that nothing was sent to any of there homes (ignoring that creepy rape letters were actually sent) is entirely fucking baseless.

>Point is, people who fly a gamergate banner while sending threats aren't GG, because GG had been about exposing and shaming shit like kotaku and gawker from the start
Wow, right back to the no true scotsman fallacy.

Show me an officially appointed leader or official statement from an organization that promotes this "shaming" of kotaku and condemns the harassment of "literally who 1-3" (or are there more now?). Protip: you can't (and no, a screepcap from 2*4chan doesn't count)

>Lel, I bet you unironically defend islam when people say kill all muslims, because "not all muslims are terrorists!"
Holy shit this false equivalence. I am not a supporter of Islam.

>As much as I love feeding trolls, this is my last reply
>he disagrees with me, he MUST be a troll!
>>
so, will p4k contract marcel as their new reviewer?
>>
>>52152002
He can be the new Ryan Schreiber.
>>
We should get Foliage to beat the fuck out of Marcel.
>>
File: 0 percent attracted.jpg (15 KB, 500x62) Image search: [Google]
0 percent attracted.jpg
15 KB, 500x62
>>52151874
The point is that Marcel has been playing with fire for a while, plagiarizing songs, viral marketing his music etc. this is just the tip of the ice berg. People unanimously agree what dev did was stupid, i'm not arguing that. What i'm arguing is that Marcel is going about this in a shady, nefarious way and trying to ruin Dev's career, and then when Marcel realizes there are going to be consequences for fucking with real adults and their careers he backpedals like a pussy and says 'pls don't dox marcel is innocent'.

For example attached to this post is the screenshot marcel posted on his blog about what Dev said about grimes, and here (https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S51021880#p51023667) is the link to the full post. Marcel deliberately cut out the good things that he said about her to make him seem like a woman hating bigot. That is not journalism that is a smear campaign. Marcel needs to learn that you don't just fuck with people's shit like that.
>>
>>52151633
more like shitty liberal arts drop outs decided to get on the soap box and cry about everything
>>
>2014
>memegate
>>
>>52152070
They're not the ones shitposting on a music board though. I don't care about le tumblr SJWs because they they're not the ones starting threads on /mu/.
>>
File: Marcel's review of Spiderland.png (122 KB, 1777x654) Image search: [Google]
Marcel's review of Spiderland.png
122 KB, 1777x654
This review is somehow worse than anything Pitchfork has ever published.
>>
>>52152047
THIS
>>
What did Marcel do? Dev seemed pretty based
>>
>>52152054
Marcel just turned 14 though. He was 12-13 while he was plagiarizing songs and the like. We normally don't hold children to the same standards as adults. As he matures he'll figure out what you should and shouldn't do.

There's a reason why no one cares about this except for /mu/. Many of you are probably still in your teens, so I'm surprised you don't remember what it was like to be 12. You all probably plagiarized every single school project you did as a kid.
>>
>>52152054
quick reminder that Dev was careless and had it coming eventually, but what he's getting is extremely over the top.
>>
>>52152116
wanna talk about death grips?
>>
>>52150903
You should underline in red the bit where he says "Thanks to the person who sent this screencap anonymously" on both his Twitter and the tumblr account.
>>
>>52152047
Foliage hero of /mu/
>>
File: reererw.jpg (25 KB, 417x407) Image search: [Google]
reererw.jpg
25 KB, 417x407
lol this is like a big gay hissy fit tantrum band breakup that youd have with your band called Red Skies when your like 14 because Carl wont play the bass and wants do be lead guitar or if Clarence decided to drink way too much red bull and started pretending to smoke candy sticks and wouldn't stop going on about 'real rock' or kept trying to play the riff from Are You Gonna Be My Girl as fast as he could rather than practicing Sweet Child O Mine like everyone else wanted to or if Max wouldn't stop doing fucking in the air tonight on the drums he isnt even the fucking drummer i wish he would just fuck off we already have 4 people in the band anyway.

Just proves what a bunch of Nirvana poser faggots they are really lol Cara isn't even that fit devin do what you want mate being a lob head on 4chan is well grunge Im sure theyll kiss and make up and continue to be forgettable and edgy at some point.

Now can we please go back to talking about death grips
>>
>>52152144
He screencapped a bunch of posts of Devin saying offensive slurs and sent the screencaps to Vice. He's also running a twitter and tumblr that are dedicated to destroying Devin.
>>
>>52152152
Except I didn't charge money for plagiarized music or pass it off as legitimate nor did I try to destroy someone's career because they insulted me and would let me interview them.

Kids do stupid things, but when they do things in public and harm others, there are consequences.
>>
>>52152152
except he's messing with an adults career and not with his middle school friends, what you're saying is essentially the same as "a 14 year old who killed someone should not be arrested because hes 14 years old"
>>
File: 1324249370767.jpg (44 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1324249370767.jpg
44 KB, 396x385
WE HAVE TO GO BURN MARCEL'S HOUSE FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE
AN EYE FOR AN EYE
>>
>>52152206
but marcel's not charging money for it you idiot

he has all his material for free
>>
>>52152152
The problem is that he is fucking with real adults careers and their financial stability, and when people criticize him for this he just always uses the excuse that he's 14 so you can't mess with him. I don't care how old this kid is when I was 14 I knew better than to try to destroy somebody's only source of income. And I'm not saying that Marcel's life should be ruined either by the way, I'm just saying he should not be off the hook for this, it's really mean and Dev doesn't deserve it. I don't even listen to DIIV either
>>
>>52152202
Why? Who is this Marcel, what is his agenda, he looks 12
>>
>>52152119
>tweez
>disappointing
kek what a faggot
>>
>>52152213
yo sit down
>>
>>52152047
Battle of the meme musicians. Slowed down Sigur Ros and looped OPN vs derivative Shoegaze/Jangle pop.
>>
File: Marcel can't handle the banter.png (194 KB, 1600x1042) Image search: [Google]
Marcel can't handle the banter.png
194 KB, 1600x1042
>>52152238
He's a wannabe music journalist/review that's pissed off that Devin wouldn't do an interview with him.
>>
>>52152158
Oh of course, I'm not denying Dev's responsibility in this but the entire thing is a knee jerk reaction and the way Marcel is perpetrating the whole thing is very sus
>>
>>52152194

Who's Cara? Cara Delevingne?
>>
>>52151238
Sexist and racist remarks are actions anon
>>
>>52151101
i like 4chan
i like it in a i hate it sort of way
>>
>>52152270
>journalist/review
*journalist/reviewer
>>
>>52152249
Foliage actually has talent though.
>>
>>52152281
did you fucked cara?
>>
File: marcel-2.jpg (141 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
marcel-2.jpg
141 KB, 600x900
>>52152047
>>52152313
I will crush you, Foliage.
>>
>>52152206
If a kid does something illegal, you can tell the authorities. He didn't though, so starting a vigilante campaign against him is silly.

Again, the artists whom he is plagiarizing don't care because they're not silly enough to care about a little kid who probably makes $5 a year if he's lucky. It's only /mu/ that decides to take offense on behalf of those artists.

>>52152211
But he didn't destroy Devin's career. Devin destroyed it by saying stupid shit in public. I don't care if Marcel, Meredith or Michael Gira made that blog. At the end of the day it was still Devin who decided to say offensive things and publicly tie his bands name to his comments. If Devin doesn't do that, there's no controversy.

I am sort of shocked that people can't see this. If anything, we should be mad at Devin because now DIIV has a terrible reputation and he doesn't even contribute anything to that project.

He's still too busy playing the victim and being a troll to help his supposed friend in Zach who has had his band name completely shit on. I don't even like DIIV, but Devin's the asshole in this situation. Trying to attack someone else because of what Devin did seems really strange, but I guess it makes sense. Just look at all the GamerGators in this thread.
>>
>>52152281
So the Sky Christmas pic is still a go?

I expect not.
>>
>>52152281
lol dev i suggest you just keep lurking and stop posting until this thing is settled
>>
Marcel is a faggot.
Dev should have been more cautious of what he posts if its not anonymous.
People are retarded for not realizing 4chans culture is calling people niggers and faggots.
Its not racism or homophobia.
Dev looks greasy.
I've never listened to DIIV.
Marcel should be banned from the internets until he is 18.
>>
>>52151329
laughed IRL
i thought you guys were joking lol it is really just the song slowed down hahahahaha
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.